Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:55 AM

191 posts, read 357,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
Mean people suck - I think she may just be yanking your chain - The above suggestions are good - But here is one more the next time she asks you the questions twice again on the second time say to her I have already answered that question I think thats all you need to know - Good luck with such a witch

No no no if she was yanking my chain then she would be the best actor in the world ! She has had issues with EVERY co worker with the exception of a few so out of an office of 30 she has had issues with 20 of them! She drives a nice car, went through a nasty divorce, comes from the islands, is about 56 has had back surgery, still wears high heels but looks like it’s hurting her back to wear them, wears clothes that are NOT appropriate for a older women to be wearing, has a Persian cat and also his/her photo of that cat on her desk and its basically her baby.....she also has a cutie little girlie sign that reads "I can do anything, if i have the right shoes" lol I really hope she doesn’t have a CD account because I just described her completely! So now since you know her imagine her talking to you RUDE but in a quiet jamacian accent and tell me you wouldn’t want to trip her on accident of course lol! Her hair is also black and wavy and down to her back kind of like a lions hair.....people in the office say she reminds them of a mean cat !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 08:43 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,355,088 times
I worked with someone who on the outside, had a "perfect" life, spouse, children, grandchildren, fancy house, plenty of money, how could a person like this be so full of meaness? She must have had some issue in her life that she could not control, so she took it out on others. She would blatently lie about me, I was in a constant state of defensive mode to deal with her attacks. I just don't understand a person who has everything, why that person would want to pour energy into causing trouble, and wanting others to get fired. That is messed up to be that mean, for no reason.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:07 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,296 times
I have a coworker like that. She is around the same age and is always rude to the younger coworkers and two other coworkers who have a disability (she says rude remarks about those two specifically but disguised as a valid complaint, even when they aren't even working that day!!!). She is always saying something rude and snappy, but tries to pass it of as just "saying what it is" and being down to earth. I tried being respectful to her at first since she is older, but now I just ignore her. If she initiates a conversation, I give a brief, fake smile, nod my head, and leave. I try not to stand around her (couldn't stand to). She is always complaining about me and others not doing any work and being lazy (we're not), yet that is what she does minutes later. And she is ALWAYS taking breaks. Some days I don't even get breaks at all, but she is the one always complaining about needing a break. Sometimes, she tries to manipulate people into doing her work for her. :/ I always side eye her with a "Bish, you better get over here and do your work yourself" look. She is friendly with the rude boss, who is around the same age she is and never listens to anyone. You ask her a question, and she gives you an answer completely unrelated. You then try to clarify and repeat your question, then she replies loudly "YES! Do what you want! You did that? What do you mean?" But, she really doesn't care to understand because she then walks off to do something else.

I can't give you any advice other than to just stay out of the way if you can. Limit conversations with her. If she tries to engage you in a conversation and ask about your life, say something brief, smile, move on! Don't let her pick you for information.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:33 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,708,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
ORRRR.... I'm sorry, I have a hard time understanding your accent and you speak so quietly. Would you mind sending me an email?

Then you have it in writing.
This is what I would do...CYA!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 AM

1,081 posts, read 915,909 times
Pull a knife on her. Or, wait until nobody is looking and put her in a sleeper hold. Then rat her out for sleeping on the job.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,020,088 times
Some co workers can be dirt bags. Its hard to avoid them but be sure to not let them into your personel life.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:32 PM

380 posts, read 1,155,859 times
If no one likes her then how come she was put in charge? You and a few of your cronies may not like her, but, somebody puts their trust in her to put her in charge when the boss is out of the office. You need to watch your step and maintain professionalism before you end up getting yourself in trouble.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 PM

57 posts, read 252,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knt1229 View Post
If no one likes her then how come she was put in charge? You and a few of your cronies may not like her, but, somebody puts their trust in her to put her in charge when the boss is out of the office. You need to watch your step and maintain professionalism before you end up getting yourself in trouble.
Agreed. And I second the stepping away from the emoticons. Is that how you write emails at work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment