Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 AM

2,279 posts, read 3,976,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
And the demographics in regards to tourists are older more conservative people, not the types who go tanning.
Unless you're this guy.

George Hamilton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,638,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I don't believe you. You were on here not that long ago asking advice about whether or not to buy a tanning salon.

Many advised against it in this economy.

You're in Branson, MO which is mostly low paying service industry jobs, people making $9 an hour cleaning rooms aren't "tanning".

And the demographics in regards to tourists are older more conservative people, not the types who go tanning.

You're about as busy as a winter ski shop in FL would be.

People who have to stay on open on holidays are hoping anyone will walk through the door.

Because if you were so busy and making money you wouldn't be so hateful.

I think you sunk your money into a foolish business and now regret it big time.

They're seeing people in Beverly Hills cut back on "extras", yet we're supposed to believe in Branson they're lining up out the doors for tans.

You're angry about something, and it isn't this man, he just became your whipping boy.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:28 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,749,517 times
Doesn't he now have cancer due to the constant tanning?

Old 10-04-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Doesn't he now have cancer due to the constant tanning?
Probably . It's such a terrible, not to mention dangerous, habit to get into.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:57 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,638,770 times
Let's not forget that those that are well to do can also become depressed. I have known several rich people that have become depressed and committed suicide.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:42 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,549,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Actually, we're on track to make more money that we have ever made in our life! LOL Business is taking off and we are having a hard time keeping up with it. And part of that is due to CUSTOMER SERVICE (i.e. staying open on holidays), a concept that is all but forgotten these days.

But thanks for asking.
LOL! We all know you're bluffing so just give it a rest.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:00 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,932,795 times
Quote:
Actually, we're on track to make more money that we have ever made in our life! LOL Business is taking off and we are having a hard time keeping up with it. And part of that is due to CUSTOMER SERVICE (i.e. staying open on holidays), a concept that is all but forgotten these days.

But thanks for asking.

As for the OP. I'm sorry the man was weak. I really am. I am sorry for him, and his family and all the people who have to deal with his weakness. I'm sorry that the world is so full of people who choose to take the easy way out instead of applying themselves and working hard.

It's very unfortunate.

20yrsinBranson
So you thought you'd spread a little "poison" around by buying a tanning salon, which only increases the odds of acquiring skin cancer, i.e. melanoma..in addition to your lack of sympathy for a jobless middle-aged man who commits suicide....that's quite a toxic combination..

Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,942,627 times
Quote:

But thanks for asking.

As for the OP. I'm sorry the man was weak. I really am. I am sorry for him, and his family and all the people who have to deal with his weakness. I'm sorry that the world is so full of people who choose to take the easy way out instead of applying themselves and working hard.

It's very unfortunate.

20yrsinBranson
The easy way out? He put a frickin gun to his head and pulled the trigger. I'm sure it wasn't as easy as the response you typed out. And how exactly is he to work hard? He lost his job. All the hard work in the world isn't going to keep you warm and fed if no one is willing to pay you for it.

And you think your the only one that works hard in this country? I've looked up to many hard working people who are on the verge of loosing everything these days. Heck, I was working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week a few years ago, didn't stop me from loosing my job then. So much for working hard to achieve your dreams... Guess we all better go out and buy tanning salons...

Old 10-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The easy way out? He put a frickin gun to his head and pulled the trigger. I'm sure it wasn't as easy as the response you typed out. And how exactly is he to work hard? He lost his job. All the hard work in the world isn't going to keep you warm and fed if no one is willing to pay you for it.

And you think your the only one that works hard in this country? I've looked up to many hard working people who are on the verge of loosing everything these days. Heck, I was working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week a few years ago, didn't stop me from loosing my job then. So much for working hard to achieve your dreams... Guess we all better go out and buy tanning salons...
You're right. Fact is, telling people to simply work hard(er) is the easy way out. There are real serious problems at work in the world, and some people find it easier to skate by in a bubble of ignorance.

Hey, if you don't have the resources to help solve the problems of the world, that's completely understandable. Not all of us have the money or time to help everyone else out who is down on their luck. But to blatantly shun ALL these problems as a result of not working hard enough is just plain ignorance and/or a lack of compassion towards your fellow human beings.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:36 PM

5,032 posts, read 7,238,230 times
Quote:

But thanks for asking.

20yrsinBranson
Ha! I call BS. More like whistling past the graveyard, if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment