Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,454,621 times

Advertisements

Let's face it, we did not pick thes people to spend 40 hours or more each week. And often, you just have to "grin and bear it". But, have you ever had to work with people who do stuff that is just gross? Or look gross?

There is a guy I work with, who has hair growing out of his ears, and nose, and he always has "dingle berry" boogies in the nostril hair. It is SO gross! I have to work with this guy, and it is just too much. I offerred him a tissue the other day, he declined. And his crusty boogies just dangled all afternoon.

He needs major manscaping.

Then, there is this woman, who eats tuna, and garlic for lunch. She is always heating up this noxious concoction in the microwave for lunch, usually has broccoli in it, and the whole area has a nasty stench. We won't even talk about the "natural gas" odor by her desk. And her breath could knock out Mike Tyson.

I could go on and on...ugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 11:35 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,961,099 times
I worked with a woman who dug into her ear with a paper clip and then looked at what she got out. UGH!

Old 11-16-2011, 11:35 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,232,317 times
I've had to work with carelessly fat people. They gross me out. Especially when they constantly smell like sweat.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:36 PM

352 posts, read 1,008,705 times
Other than a guy that needs to keep his Body Odor in check, everything seems fine with the people I'm with.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:56 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,454,621 times
I also worked with a guy who emulated Hitler, had a Hitler moustache, and a flat, "Hitler" comb over hair style. He used dark black hair dye, and had tons of dandruff. It was all over his hair, and on his jacket, crusty junk all over.

I mean, really, I don't want to make fun of people with problems, but isn't there some sort of shampoo for this? And really, have a decent hair style.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:15 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,997,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I also worked with a guy who emulated Hitler, had a Hitler moustache, and a flat, "Hitler" comb over hair style. He used dark black hair dye, and had tons of dandruff. It was all over his hair, and on his jacket, crusty junk all over.

I mean, really, I don't want to make fun of people with problems, but isn't there some sort of shampoo for this? And really, have a decent hair style.
the gentleman was ahead of the fashion curve.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:29 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,167,553 times
Oh my god I used to work with a man who had the worst gas and he would lift his one cheek off the chair and let it go , I kid you not . The lady who had to share an office with him said she felt like gagging everytime he did this . The boss had been warning him about this and he finally got fired because we think he was doing this on purpose .

Old 11-17-2011, 05:45 AM

55 posts, read 82,884 times
There was one guy at my work (we work in a department store)... you could seriously track him down amongst all the aisles just by following his body odour!

Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM

3,999 posts, read 5,034,912 times
I seriously had spittle come out of my mouth when I read "dingle berry boogies"....while disgusting, that is descriptively funny!

OK, so this IT guy I worked with was overweight. Can't get after him for that but he had a tendency to go commando and his crack was ever showing. He also had what, blemishes or something all over that he would pick at and then wipe the pus on the walls of his cubicle. He ate sunflower seeds and there was a nest of the shells under and around his desk. He often farted in my cube and kept talking like nothing happened. All I could think of was his nasty fart atoms drifting into my mouth or nose...that by itself would make me gag.

The funny thing? Even though he had to be talked to about his hygiene and some of his more disgusting habits, I actually liked him. He was brash and socially awkward, but he liked me and helped me tremendously with the software he developed. Till this day, I haven't worked on a decent program that measured up to his...and he did get a little better over time. I don't think it was his intent to run people off. He was too smart for his own good sometimes.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:31 AM

568 posts, read 964,728 times
I work with a woman who has (looks like) never, NEVER washed her feet in her whole lifetime. She must be Neanderthal's mother. Holy krap...her feet have so much crusted dead skin and her toenails look liike they belong on somekind of prehistoric animal. The toenails grow over the ends of her toes!! She insists on wearing SANDALS to work and she is management so she makes good money (I know for a fact). We have tried hints like getting her pedicure gift certificate anonimously for bd, Christmas etc, but she says she doesnt need one. We try to keep our eyes on her eyes when talking, but it sure is hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment