Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:46 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,146,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
I think you did more than enough calling them to let them know that no one was around to sign off on your departure. Personally, I would have just sent an email around to all the pertinent individuals letting them kow that since no one was available I assumed they were satisfied that everything was in order, that I was leaving my keycard on my desk, and adios.

Why would you care if they followed their own procedures? It doesn't change the fact that you don'wt work there anymore. Exit interviews are useless anyway.
I think the point the OP is making is that companies wonder why people leave, conducting exit interviews etc

There were no bosses around during business hours, and another one was annoyed because they were at home already.

No one followed procedure, no communication, no one really cared - could not even follow a simple procedure and have at least one boss on site

The problem many organisations follow this pattern of shambolic, farcical style of management where talking/BS is favored as opposed to actually doing the job properly- and then there a bit surprised if someone leaves, shocked how could you leave such a well managed organisation?

If you apply the example of exit to every area of the organisation, you can see why things are in a mess all over the place, and people leave.

To the posters who say move on, you will probably find a similar pattern at the next job.

Its about some of the managers were fired not even being able to conduct the Exit of an employee correctly. Sadly they will escape and continue the pattern of dysfunction, and someone else will leave in a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 10:51 AM

12,335 posts, read 17,217,975 times
He was responsible till the very last moment, and the work ethnic alone is part of the reason he got hired. Op, move on. You did the right thing. If they were that gung ho about an exit interview it would have been done already.

Besides, the managers could just deny receiving any vm's esp as you left. Good luck on the new job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment