Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 06:58 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,861,746 times

Advertisements

Did you ever have a customer who affected your life in a positive way that you still remember today?

I have two from a couple of years ago; once when a man ahead of this lady had verbally abused me while I was ringing up his groceries, even accusing me of being on drugs because I was shaking, this lady gave me a kleenex out of her just-purchased box. That was really sweet.

Another one, a mother and a daughter from Mississippi gave me big hugs when a customer somewhere ahead of them once again ruined my day. I remember thinking, no one from around here could be so sweet. I remember them to this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 09:06 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,179,787 times
I was working as a temp in the mortgage department of a large banking institution. One day I came back from lunch and a basket of flowers were on my desk. A customer had sent them to me, with a note saying that I shouldn't be a temp because it seemed that I was the only one who actually valued his business. This was 20 years ago, but I still remember it.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:21 AM

2,279 posts, read 3,983,500 times
I don't really have as a good as story as the OP, but I have had customers send me cards or small gifts during the holidays. It's not much, but it always made me felt a bit more appreciated. Sometimes it's the simple things in life.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:52 AM

26,709 posts, read 41,868,111 times
At my credit union job in Virginia, I had really kooky scientist that was always a thrill to take care of. Most of the customers at that job were uppity whiners but this guy was always exciting.

In my other teller job in VA, I loved a lot of my customers at one branch mainly because compared with other branches in the city I worked those customers were more down-to-earth. Especially this one who was a blue collar guy who was always pleasant to me.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:37 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,372,729 times
One of my clients came in to see me on his day off once and told me I saved his life.

Of course, he saved his life, not me, but it was very awesome.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:45 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,941,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Did you ever have a customer who affected your life in a positive way that you still remember today?

I have two from a couple of years ago; once when a man ahead of this lady had verbally abused me while I was ringing up his groceries, even accusing me of being on drugs because I was shaking, this lady gave me a kleenex out of her just-purchased box. That was really sweet.

Another one, a mother and a daughter from Mississippi gave me big hugs when a customer somewhere ahead of them once again ruined my day. I remember thinking, no one from around here could be so sweet. I remember them to this day.
I can't think of any individual times but the majority of my customers are very good to me. I've had many compliment me on my patience, especially with the elderly and people who have trouble with their credit/debit cards. I've been there long enough now that people will seek me out and that makes me feel I'm 'doing something right' for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment