Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,229,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New-in-NEO View Post
You can live off the land. No one is forcing you to work.

The land is all owned. The days of homesteading are long gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 01:48 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,039,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Economic duress is slavery without the threat of violence and the actual status of being property.

If you took out "beaten" and "sold" from that list

Have your family taken away- Check, social services will snatch your kids

No chance of promotion or leaving- Most people have no chance of promotion, and leaving is only extended as far as there is somewhere to go.

No chance at education- Just like a slave, you can get education at great personal sacrifice with no guarantee it will improve your lot in life.

Worked over 12 hours a day- Plenty of people being worked over 12 hours a day, with no better option.

Really, the only difference in practice is that instead of getting beaten for not doing a job your were forced in to doing, you can starve for not doing a job you were forced in to doing.

Exactly. Looking at people who graduate college alot of them don't fair too well like you said. Most people who graduated college hand me my grocery bag or make me a quiznos sandwich or try to sell me a car..

I hate people who say " Oh you don't have to work."

If you don't work you will starve, freeze or die from disease...

I don't have a problem with working. I have a problem working my tail to the bone just to get by or being mistreated by employeers and them basically controlling your life.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:58 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,695,176 times
So instead of candy coating it, you figure to go the other way and completely blow it out of proportion? I've noticed that's what happens whenever someone starts with "I won't candy coat it..."

Old 05-07-2012, 05:07 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,717,405 times
Default Hmm... Maybe I'm more old school...

When I think slavery I sorta picture something between the scenes in The Ten Commandments where dudes with whips are telling sweaty Hebrews tugging on ropes to "keep pulling and just crushing the old woman stuck while trying to grease the stone" or "dance the straw into the mud along the corpse of the old men to make bricks for pharaoh" and of course you've got the soldiers killing off the first born to make sure no savior as foretold by the stars is around to topple the order of things. A little bit more recent in US history you've the whole Roots saga of Kunta Kinta the Mandika tribesmen being kidnapped by slave traders, sent to New World, have a foot amputated as punishment for escaping from Virginia (chosen over castration ....) have his daughter sold, that slave owner raping her, that child being the plantation owners Keeper of the Fighting *****, and generally knowing nothing but heartache and misery until death.

Somehow I think working at a place that sells Happy Meals or Triple No Whip Soy Machiatos, watching 438 channels of Storage Wars and having unfettered access to Facebooks and YouTube on a 60" LCD ain't quite as hard a life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Seriously..Its apparent. It may not have been intentional...well actually it was..but people are slaves to the employeers, to the more establish class and to the government..

It may not be as direct as past slavery but its defiantly there. Not as apparant and more sophisticated but its there.

Jobs were outsourced.

Lol its just a nice way of saying the money you can earn was taken from you

And now your stuck doing dirt work for little pay.

Employeers robbed people of their independence intentionally.

Now people are forced to do things they don't want to do. Work jobs they never thought they had to do for little to nothing.
People are settling with the medicority...becoming comfortable with less..and on top of it calling basic freedoms like eating out, going to the movies, taking a vacation, buying somewhat expensive food, luxuries...

Well of course you can't buy or do any of those things.

Can't and slavery go hand and hand.

Get my point?

That my friends is slavery. Not an economy.

Welcome to slavery.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:22 PM

29,990 posts, read 25,123,179 times
Quote:
I don't have a problem with working. I have a problem working my tail to the bone just to get by or being mistreated by employeers and them basically controlling your life.
The trick is to become the guy your company can not afford to loose. Only then, will you be treated with dignity and respect in the workplace. Other than that, I preferred smaller companies when I started working. They are very down to earth places to work, and appreciate a modest living, instead of shooting for the stars every quarter.

And it does hurt to see people getting sh*t on in the workplace. I see it all around, and it has gotten worse in the past 5 years. Employees have never been this disposable and willing to become a punching bag.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:29 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,650,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
True.

And there is enough convincing evidence out there to not discount that as "just a conspiracy."

The "elite's" plan is to collapse the economy and devalue each country's currency so we can have one-world currency, and one-world government. The other purpose of crashing the economies in different countries is to instill enough fear into the populace to declare martial law (why do you think Obama passed the NDAA?) and ship them off to the 800+ FEMA camps. There, like during the holocaust, you willever be chosen to become a permanent slave with an RFID chip implanted in you that will contain everything you need to function in their society, brainwashed and tortured into becoming a slave (or killed if that doesn't work, assuming you survived the reeducation and torturing as most will not), or simply killed on arrival. This is also why we've been gradually invading and occupying every counotry in the Middle East since Vietnam, with the Afghanistain War kicking it all into overdrive so they can officially activate the NWO plans.

While all of this is happening, the elite will be hiding in their "bunkers" so to speak. One of those bunkers will be the Denver International Airport (why do you think they fly some of the world's most important people there when there's the fear of a disaster). If you look at DIA from above, it's shaped like a Swastika (Nazi Germany). Furthermore, its construction costs were way over budget. Then of course there's all the symbolic murals throughout DIA as well.

Michael JAckson, Tupac and Whitney Houston were nothing more than puppets used to distract the general public from what's hidden in plain sight. You ever notice how in all of their videos and cover shoots, the celebrities always throw up the devil's horns or are covering one-eye, or have their hands formed in the shape of a pryamid (yeah, it's not just an "in" thing). The reason TPTB killed them is because they, in one way or another, tried to reveal too mujch of their plans or they tried to cut off their strings so to speak. The CIA puts them under a mind control method they perfected (with the help of a doctor from NAzi Germany no less) known as MK-Ultra, to keep them in order. These people have triggers and handlers (Michael Jackson's was first the Wizard of Oz (The Oz) then Disney and Neverland, Peter Pan) around them all the time to keep their mind control in check. The mind control is triggered by a traumatic experience, as the person dissociates from that traumatic experience and creates multiple alters that a handler can tap into. This is why so many of them half the time seem so zonked out, or they have mental breakdowns (Britney Spears, Martin Lawrence, etc.), as their MK-Ultra programming is breaking down.

They also feel the world is too crowded if the population is above 500 million (yeah, we have 7 billion people now, you do the math).

In the meantime, they're going to make as much of a profit from us as they can, despite the fact that they can print as much money as they like without reprecussions.

And again, all of this is really hidden in plain sight. Between symbolic movies such as Metropolis, Eyes Wide Shut, The Matrix, The Hunger Games, They live, and then the highly symbolic Illuminati Card Game released in 1995.
Where is Spooky Mulder when you need him?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:50 PM

137 posts, read 267,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
The land is all owned. The days of homesteading are long gone.
I bet if you go to northern Ontario or rural Montana no one will complain. Plenty of people do it in Utah too.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:50 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,615,157 times
i am not sure about the slavery part just yet, however I will tell you my cell phone has turned into an almost Demigod. I find myself praying every day that it will ring, that some employer will be impressed by my resume and cover letter and GASP, actually want me to come in for a interview.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY CELLPHONE, MAY YOU RING PROSPEROUSLY

Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,549,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
To equate today's work environment to slavery shows an appalling lack of understanding of the historical context of the word. Learn something before making claims like this.
Well you didn't expect someone who felt this about their career to have a very good understanding did you?

Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,549,710 times
Quote:
Exactly. Looking at people who graduate college alot of them don't fair too well like you said. Most people who graduated college hand me my grocery bag or make me a quiznos sandwich or try to sell me a car..

I hate people who say " Oh you don't have to work."

If you don't work you will starve, freeze or die from disease...

The unemployment rate is 4% for college grads over 25. Just takes some time to get the career started these days.

If you are working your tail off and being mistreated odds are you need to find a new employer or you don't have much value to your employer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment