Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,141 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I need some advice from experts.I did my Bachelors degree in Industrial Production engineering and iam working for 13 years in the CAD field.I feel no excitemet and career advancement.Also i have no choice till these years..Now iam very interested in Supply Chain Management and i wanted to switch my career.I started to prepare for Certification(Apics,CPIM) and optimistic that i'll get a job in SCM area..

Now My questions are here

1.Is that advisable for a career change after 13 years in one field.
2.Will my previous experience counts..
3.What is the scope of Supply chaim management field in future..
4.Will Apics certification fetch me a job

If some one clear all my doubts,That will help me to move on my career

Waiting for some life changing advice

Regards,
Career Advice seeker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 02:05 PM

29,867 posts, read 24,997,963 times
Might I ask why you are leaving your current profession? There is tons of opportunity still around for those who have kept their skillsets up to date and are familiar with the latest technology.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:49 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,136,800 times
Very easy and natural transition from Industrial Engineering to Supply Chain Management.

Go get an MBA to pair with your IE degree. I have a couple of friends who have done just that. Be forewarned though. Rough market out there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment