Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,494,442 times

Advertisements

I'm so frustrated. My GF had an interview two weeks ago, it went excellent, she was perfect for the job, they even said there is nothing else that could have enhanced her candidacy. She was poking around today on Craiglist and found the job posted on there yesterday - same description and everything. So basically she didn't get it? The guy was very nice, said he would get back to her either way...she hasn't heard anything. So frustrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 01:33 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,788,496 times
The writing is definitely on the wall that she didn't get the job. It sucks, I really hate it when that happens. You're also left wondering what went wrong.

But to play the devil's advocate, there's a slim possibility of course that they're still considering her, but want to first send out more bait for a few more fish before making a decision.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
The writing is definitely on the wall that she didn't get the job. It sucks, I really hate it when that happens. You're also left wondering what went wrong.

But to play the devil's advocate, there's a slim possibility of course that they're still considering her, but want to first send out more bait for a few more fish before making a decision.
Yeah it's the same story. We need someone ASAP, the deadline is the last week of September and we're behind etc etc...my GF could have started two weeks ago...now they are going to through another round of interviews with no hopes at this point to get someone there by the end of September. My experience has been that they let me know I'm not in the running and repost the ad...

Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 PM

10,228 posts, read 16,358,368 times
It could also be that HE wanted her for the position but someone else didn't. That happened to me once. Was HR involved in the decision process?

Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 PM

No, this company is so small, I don't think they have HR. She met with two people, both really liked her - said her answers were great. We studied for like 4 days, she asked all the questions, suggested how she can help them based on their current issues. Followed up with a great thank you note, highlighting again what she would be able to do for them right away....couldn't of been better. I understand the process though, just venting I guess...this would have been perfect for us!

Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,513,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
No, this company is so small, I don't think they have HR. She met with two people, both really liked her - said her answers were great. We studied for like 4 days, she asked all the questions, suggested how she can help them based on their current issues. Followed up with a great thank you note, highlighting again what she would be able to do for them right away....couldn't of been better. I understand the process though, just venting I guess...this would have been perfect for us!
If the person they hired for the job doesn't work out, she might be getting a call. You never know these days ...

Some companies like the attention. They want to get 1,000 resumes, just to expand their options.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
If the person they hired for the job doesn't work out, she might be getting a call. You never know these days ...

Some companies like the attention. They want to get 1,000 resumes, just to expand their options.
Well it was reposted on Craiglist yesterday the 28th, so looks like they haven't hired anyone. I realize there is still a chance, but I figure if they repost, they are not interested.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,513,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
Well it was reposted on Craiglist yesterday the 28th, so looks like they haven't hired anyone. I realize there is still a chance, but I figure if they repost, they are not interested.
I wouldn't follow up with them or thank them for interviewing me or anything at this point. But I wouldn't entirely rule it out; find another employer for sure, but I have known companies to state they hired someone else, then continue to take applications.

Just because a company hired someone, does not necessarily mean that the position itself is filled.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in Craigslist either. I never got anywhere with Craigslist. If the company does not/cannot/is unwilling to pay the money it takes to post with a real job service, not some hand coded HTML website that lists everything for everyone, they might not be the best place to work at anyway. I cannot tell you how many jobs I applied for that responded with some scam to steal my identity (like I am going to pay for my own credit report) or with a marketing or sales job that had nothing to do with what I went out for.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:51 PM

OH Yeah, I hate CL, especially where I am 99% of ads are fake. This job was actualy posted at the begining of the month on a reputable site...then all of a sudden yesterday it appeared on CL...

Old 08-29-2012, 03:09 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,985,235 times
It probably means she didn't get it but I would follow up to see if they have an additional questions, etc. At this point the answer is basically no, so anything you do that might potentially change that is worth it. Worse case scenario, she follows up and the answer is still no. Best case scenario, they are impressed with her follow through and hire her.

Of course, I once sent a passive aggressive email to a company who told me it was down to me and another person and we were both more than qualified for the job. They reposted and I sent and email. Never heard anything, but it made me feel better. So there is always that option
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment