Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 04:03 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Oh I agree and I know how hard it is becaue my brother is waiting for his background check from LA County Sheriff's right now so maybe I generated some good kharma for him.
Good my job depends on one too so I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 04:15 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,940,392 times
Personally, I think the OP should share whatever they know. The agency can decide what is relevant and what isn't--how would anyone else possibly know? I always take these inquiries very seriously and consider it my patriotic duty to answer questions honestly and forthrightly. Sometimes I'm asked questions that seem to come out of way left field. I answer them best I can.

BTW, if you know that you're up for a job that requires a background check, and you know they're going to ask your neighbors about you, why wouldn't you do simple things like keep your grass cut and not abuse a dog? In other words, keep a low profile to begin with?

Old 09-21-2012, 05:37 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
Personally, I think the OP should share whatever they know. The agency can decide what is relevant and what isn't--how would anyone else possibly know? I always take these inquiries very seriously and consider it my patriotic duty to answer questions honestly and forthrightly. Sometimes I'm asked questions that seem to come out of way left field. I answer them best I can.

BTW, if you know that you're up for a job that requires a background check, and you know they're going to ask your neighbors about you, why wouldn't you do simple things like keep your grass cut and not abuse a dog? In other words, keep a low profile to begin with?
They do not care about things like that unless LE is involved

Old 09-22-2012, 02:23 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
In this day and age, knowing anything about your neighbors may be toughter than it used to be. I'll wave and say hello to my closest neighbor, but I couldn't tell you squat about them because we don't interact more than that. In the old neighborhood where I grew up, the new people who are buying the houses put up privacy fences and they seldom talk to each other. My mother, who still lives there, couldn't tell you the names of or anything about her new neighbors. They come home from work and want to be left alone.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:03 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,485,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
In this day and age, knowing anything about your neighbors may be toughter than it used to be. I'll wave and say hello to my closest neighbor, but I couldn't tell you squat about them because we don't interact more than that. In the old neighborhood where I grew up, the new people who are buying the houses put up privacy fences and they seldom talk to each other. My mother, who still lives there, couldn't tell you the names of or anything about her new neighbors. They come home from work and want to be left alone.
Yeah that sounds about right.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:04 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,129,810 times
I'm shaking my head at the OP....

Incredibly absurd...

Old 09-22-2012, 03:29 PM

380 posts, read 1,156,207 times
The dog thing seems trivial. But, if you feel it's important, then, you should have said something and let the investigator decide if it was relevant or not. Believe it or not some people feel dogs are outside animals and not inside animals. So, your neighbor may not be seem as a bad person or national security risk because of that. LOL. As far as their financial situation, a simple credit check will reveal the things you mentioned. So, the investigator may already know they are stretched financially.

It sounded to me that you didn't really want to get involved which is fine too. The things you didn't say one of your other neighbors probably told it.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:41 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,485,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knt1229 View Post
The dog thing seems trivial. But, if you feel it's important, then, you should have said something and let the investigator decide if it was relevant or not. Believe it or not some people feel dogs are outside animals and not inside animals. So, your neighbor may not be seem as a bad person or national security risk because of that. LOL. As far as their financial situation, a simple credit check will reveal the things you mentioned. So, the investigator may already know they are stretched financially.

It sounded to me that you didn't really want to get involved which is fine too. The things you didn't say one of your other neighbors probably told it.
I just felt mixed on the dog because I believe it displays a lack of common sense and not thinking before acting, not planning well, which would be a consideration for a high security job. But your right I didn't want to much get involved and you are right the neighbor on the other side is my friend and she freakin' hates him because she is meticulous about pulling weeds and is a hard core dog lover. I am pretty sure it was her that called the cops on him. Poor guy she probably lit his ass up when the investigator went to her door LOL. I hope he gets the job he seems like a decent guy, but lacking in common sense, at times.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 AM

469 posts, read 913,684 times
The dog issue is important because it speaks of character!!! Since the cops were called they will know. Alcohol issues, DUI & domestic issues are what they what to hear about when speaking with nieghbors. They question a number of sources to see all sides. Nieghbors, coworkers, friends etc. Each one has something to offer....

Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
What does not taking care of a dog and the yard to your standards have to do with security clearance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment