Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 09:08 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,497,927 times

Advertisements

Try and hang in there as long as possible and endure. At least you will still be getting a paycheck as long as possible. If you quit it is much harder to collect UI. Whether you quit or are fired it doesn't sound like you can count on a good reference from your current employer. It might be easier to get around if you are still employed and put down don't contact my current employer.

Just try and take an apathetic attidude. no matter what the prick does to you just don't care. Just don't let anything get to you. You are leaving eventually so it really doesn't matter. That way no stress problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 09:55 PM

905 posts, read 1,108,647 times
The "hang in there and endure the BS" has been the general strategy for the past 2 months. The apathetic attitude doesn't work either - the guy is simply ruthless, and gets much much worse if you try to ignore him or act like you don't care. I tried every other strategy you can possibly think of as well. By showing up on those days, I'd be dealing with the worst of the worst scum boss imaginable. And that's putting it nicely. It's just one of those people who are so bad, it's not even worth getting paid to deal with them.

As far as staying and getting fired, or just putting in a notice now, I'm basically screwed either way. But like I said, where I am, whether you quit or get fired from a job, if you provide a reason that gets declared not good enough, even after an appeal, you are still able to collect UI at a later date. It's just that the wait period is shorter if you voluntarily quit vs getting fired. If I'm not going to get a good reference, I'd at least like to keep getting fired off my record. I've been job hunting like a madman, but I just don't think I'm going to find a new one in time to be able to stay where I'm at and wait things out w/out getting fired in the process.

Another thing that is helping, is due to this situation I'm going through, I'm currently in a rent-free living situation. So that will help out tremendously. Or I guess to put it in laymans terms, I can afford to deal with the restriction period to collect UI in a worst-case scenario w/the whole "good cause" thing. I wouldn't even consider something like this normally, it's just starting to sound like the best option, sadly.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:17 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,736,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightoficarus87 View Post
The "hang in there and endure the BS" has been the general strategy for the past 2 months. The apathetic attitude doesn't work either - the guy is simply ruthless, and gets much much worse if you try to ignore him or act like you don't care. I tried every other strategy you can possibly think of as well. By showing up on those days, I'd be dealing with the worst of the worst scum boss imaginable. And that's putting it nicely. It's just one of those people who are so bad, it's not even worth getting paid to deal with them.

As far as staying and getting fired, or just putting in a notice now, I'm basically screwed either way. But like I said, where I am, whether you quit or get fired from a job, if you provide a reason that gets declared not good enough, even after an appeal, you are still able to collect UI at a later date. It's just that the wait period is shorter if you voluntarily quit vs getting fired. If I'm not going to get a good reference, I'd at least like to keep getting fired off my record. I've been job hunting like a madman, but I just don't think I'm going to find a new one in time to be able to stay where I'm at and wait things out w/out getting fired in the process.

Another thing that is helping, is due to this situation I'm going through, I'm currently in a rent-free living situation. So that will help out tremendously. Or I guess to put it in laymans terms, I can afford to deal with the restriction period to collect UI in a worst-case scenario w/the whole "good cause" thing. I wouldn't even consider something like this normally, it's just starting to sound like the best option, sadly.
I might have glossed over the reason this boss is 'scum', can you fill us in on that part of things?

Old 12-25-2012, 04:11 AM

905 posts, read 1,108,647 times
I'd like to not get into too much detail, with it being a public forum and all, but I can summarize it up with the following...

- Yelling, verbal abuse (often pulled aside from co-workers for these two) false accusations/completely made up things "done wrong", giving vague task directions, and then getting angry for not doing something never told to do in the first place, stalking/following me, giving dirty looks at me/glaring, assigning me less desirable tasks than what I normally did before/cutting hours after bringing up the problems to HR, etc, etc.

It doesn't matter too much anymore though. I've made up my mind on this matter - I guess some other people have had their hours cut recently too, and while I don't personally know of any other bullying going on, it could only be a matter of time. The general vibe I'm getting is that they're looking for ways to get rid of people, and that I made myself an easy target for speaking up for myself, which got me into this mess to begin with. It's just not worth the trouble, and I've got quite a bit of evidence at this point that I plan to present as good cause to UI. So in other words, I'm outta that toxic wasteland - Good Riddance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment