Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 04:19 PM

34 posts, read 54,979 times

Advertisements

i was called to sub as a teacher and worked. i found out working that day would hurt my benefit status with the district.
so the hours were erased and i "donated" them, known only to my worksite. my principal oked this. was that legal? can i choose to have "volunteered"? this was done before the monthly time reporting.

i do not ever want to be paid for this time. was this fraud?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 05:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Wow, just hope you don't get caught.
You're not reporting work and you're turning down jobs because they're asking you for a credit check.

You're turning down actual money to take government benefits that are meant to support you while you're trying to get into the employment pool.

If they find out about either, you'll run the risk of losing your benefits completely.

I'd think this through a little better if I were you.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:17 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,395,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You're not reporting work and you're turning down jobs because they're asking you for a credit check.

You're turning down actual money to take government benefits that are meant to support you while you're trying to get into the employment pool.

If they find out about either, you'll run the risk of losing your benefits completely.

OP mentioned district benefits but nothing about UI......

Old 01-01-2013, 05:40 PM

Default pay question, should i call the labor board and ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
OP mentioned district benefits but nothing about UI......
Thank you. i did not defraud unemployment. this is a different thread.
this is my lifetime medical benefit that i earned by working 25 years and qualifing by driving as far as 70 miles for a 2 hour assignment, working 3 splilts, death threats from students, yada, yada, yada. then they laid off 2/3 of the division.

i appreciate your replies. so you think it isn't legal to change to volunteer status? our union is suing over the change in terms, but that could take years.

Last edited by rifed; 01-01-2013 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 PM

Default chielgirl, i think you misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

the credit check job was for subbing, maybe 2 hours, a month, a week? and when they told me, gee, enrollment is down, we moved our regular teachers to subs, i said i'd do the check if neccessary. my credit is very good, one card that i pay totally each month. but if i don't get a job, it will be bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment