Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you call them anyway?
Yes 9 18.37%
No 30 61.22%
I may, if I really wanted the job. 10 20.41%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,807,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
The job was initially posted on Sept 22, 2012. I didnt submit my resume until January 1st. I didnt know about the opening til then. It could be that I just submitted my resume way too late, and they hired internally, or hired someone before I sent in resume. I'm not sure. I was definitely qualified. Who knows really, but I wish I had submitted my resume back in late September.
Well, yes, that makes sense. If a job is posted in September and you don't apply until January it's quite a stretch to even think that the position would still be open four months later.

Quote:
The position I applied for didn't say, "no phone calls" ... it was for another position w/in the company. So technically, I don't think I did anything wrong by calling.
But you called after submitting an application four months after the job was posted. Not sure really what you expected other than the response you received.

Quote:
Yea, who knows. Maybe they kept in on the website be accident and hired well before I applied, or maybe they didnt get enough qualified applicants?

Its just disappointing when you really want a position, and you feel like if you could just get in front of the decision-makers, you would possibly get the job.
It's bound to be continually disappointing if you don't stay ahead of the game. If this is a company you're interested in working for then you need to bookmark their "positions open" website and check it every day. That's common sense and hopefully you've already done that. And do be sure that your application/resumé is the best it can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,953,742 times
^^^ I check it daily.

The position was posted from Sept 22nd all the way through when I applied (beginning of January). It was just taken down a few days ago.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,953,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
I'm surprised it was still posted that late. In that case, I definitely would have called to see if they were still interviewing for the position.

It could be that they did not have enough applicants (or qualified applicants).

Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,109,517 times
Quote:
I'm surprised it was still posted that late. In that case, I definitely would have called to see if they were still interviewing for the position.

The fact that the position was still posted from Sept confirms it was a fake ad.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,407,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The fact that the position was still posted from Sept confirms it was a fake ad.
Highly unlikely that it was fake. Likely hadn't been taken down due to HR folks on vacation due to the holidays. Thinking that everyone is out to scam you does nothing beneficial, ever.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Highly unlikely that it was fake. Likely hadn't been taken down due to HR folks on vacation due to the holidays. Thinking that everyone is out to scam you does nothing beneficial, ever.

Look they were testing the market and seeing what type of talent was out there. End of story.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:14 PM

Riiiiiiiiight. Because that makes tons of sense. Waste a ton of resources and time for no reason. Sure.

Pretty obvious you've never recruited or hired before.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Riiiiiiiiight. Because that makes tons of sense. Waste a ton of resources and time for no reason. Sure.

Pretty obvious you've never recruited or hired before.

Any position that is posted for months is FAKE. How can anyone not understand that this?

Old 01-23-2013, 06:31 PM

7 posts, read 4,987 times
If yuo want the job, dont call.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:33 PM

Because I have had jobs posted that long.

1. HR dropped the ball and did not pull the posting down. Funny enough, still hired off the out of date post.

2. Hard to fill position.

What's so hard to understand about being wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment