Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 AM

542 posts, read 1,683,604 times

Advertisements

It's gotten to the point where I detest waking up in the morning to go into the office. I always give 100% at my job and I got a good review just last month, but I absolutely cannot deal with my boss...she always has to be the one who's right even when she's wrong and has a b***hy attitude. What makes it worse is that I'm the only male on our team...I work with 5 other females so am outnumbered.

Her continued efforts to alienate me from the team through a combination of cliquishness and workplace bullying is really weighing on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 07:47 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
Smile, be friendly with everyone, tell her you understand where she is coming from on things and will try to change it. Work with her.

Realize at work, they have 100% of you and at home (unless working from home), they have 0% of you. That helped me a lot when in the same situation. When it got bad, I looked to leave but realized while I was still there, they had 100% of me.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:49 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Yes, that's a tough one. It's normal though. I've been dealing with it for 50 years.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:59 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,399,723 times
How do you deal? You look at your paystub on the next payday. If it's enough to justify it, then ignore it and move on.

If it's not, move on to another employer.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:09 AM

850 posts, read 796,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
It's gotten to the point where I detest waking up in the morning to go into the office. I always give 100% at my job and I got a good review just last month, but I absolutely cannot deal with my boss...she always has to be the one who's right even when she's wrong and has a b***hy attitude. What makes it worse is that I'm the only male on our team...I work with 5 other females so am outnumbered.

Her continued efforts to alienate me from the team through a combination of cliquishness and workplace bullying is really weighing on me.
I worked for a boss like that for a few months. I left for another opportunity.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:22 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
I had your boss. Lasted 3 years and then had to exit.

But I often would go over my plans and then ask for suggestions before implementing any projects beyond the routine. Not that it worked but it we helpful for fending off attacks on the "why did you do that" aspect.

She was a snarky piece of work who deserved all that happened to her.....today her linked in profile shows she works for herself as a "consultant"

She even sent me a linked in request, which of course I accepted....why not? Keep your friends close but your enemies closer....

Old 10-31-2013, 08:36 AM

544 posts, read 1,439,573 times
I've worked with several people like that, peers are more dangerous than supervisors. I've always ended up leaving. They're basically a bunch of bullies who got away with at school and now they get away with it at work. It sucks that employers don't just step up to the plate and fire them.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:44 AM

595 posts, read 2,702,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
How do you deal? You look at your paystub on the next payday. If it's enough to justify it, then ignore it and move on.

If it's not, move on to another employer.
This. I have had a few bosses like this. I moved on to other positions where I was treated with professionalism and respect because the pay was not worth it.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:09 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
I leave for other positions and bite my tongue and smile in the process.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:16 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post

Call it war and all is fair. The problem she has is that she is probably incompetent and is jealous of you. It is the old "beat the competition down." Realize it for what it is and take her criticism as a compliment. You might even say, "Thank you" to her. It will drive her nuts that she is not getting the wanted results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment