Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 13,681 times

Advertisements

So i went for my 2nd round interview with a company for a permanent position I really want to get even though they had found me first. At the end I was told by the sweet lady who was the manager who interviewed me, that i would hear from the recruiter whom i have been in touch with and arranged my interview (this recruiter worked in the company. She wasn't with an agency), by the end of next day.

I didnt hear back the next day so I wrote a thank you letter to subtly remind them of me. Next morning I got an email saying she was pleased to inform me that I had successfully cleared the face-to-face interview for the relevant position, and that they "should be able to get back to me as soon as possible in order to confirm the start date with me" and assked me tonsend them copies of my ID etc. if i hadnt provided any on the day I interviewed and to confirm my acceptance. I wrote back to accept and resent my documents just in case.

After waiting a week, I called the recruiter up but her colleague picked up and said she wasnt there. I asked her if there were any news on the start date, and she said they do not have the date yet and that my application is on hold as they are waiting for "senior management" to sign it off and that once they have the datesnthey would inform me and give me at least 48hrs notice. She was so brief and fast on the call that i didnt even manage to ask anymore.

So my question is,
Is it common that it can spmetimes take a while to get start date etc.?
Based on the email and my brief call with the company's recruiter, should I still have hopes in hearing from them?

Im hearing mixed opinions from few of my friends who know about this, so let me know what your opinion is

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 10:41 AM

23,563 posts, read 24,082,840 times
It can take a few days/a week to determine a start date, since it is the holidays.

More importantly, did you receive a written offer letter with the compensation and terms?

Old 12-08-2013, 11:01 AM
F&E

2 posts, read 8,344 times
Yes the new hand booked was sent. I signed the documents and sent them back via email and snail mail along with my resignation letter. UI sent a letter dated denying benefits from 3 weeks ago. This a new system for them. It is not any better than the old one.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:28 PM

2 posts, read 13,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
It can take a few days/a week to determine a start date, since it is the holidays.

More importantly, did you receive a written offer letter with the compensation and terms?
Apart from the email stating that I had cleared the face to face interview successfully and that they will get in touch with me about the start date and lastly to send them my ID info etc. there was no mention of terms or compensation etc. Not sure how official that email is! lol

Old 12-10-2013, 11:07 PM

23,563 posts, read 24,082,840 times
Usually, you would receive an offer letter. You did receive an email, so I would follow-up politely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anster2013 View Post
Apart from the email stating that I had cleared the face to face interview successfully and that they will get in touch with me about the start date and lastly to send them my ID info etc. there was no mention of terms or compensation etc. Not sure how official that email is! lol

Old 12-11-2013, 08:19 AM

206 posts, read 404,660 times
What kind of ID did you provide to them? I hope not your Social Security number and birth date.

They said they have offered you a job, but no mention was made of compensation. Something does not smell right to me. How are you supposed to accept a job if you don't know what they'll be paying you to do this job?

Last edited by Yellow Saltbox; 12-11-2013 at 08:37 AM..

Old 03-07-2016, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,203 times
What if has been months and finally as of last thursday, the drug test, and background check finally has clear. And still no response from the HR or hiring manager? What should I do?

Old 03-07-2016, 02:16 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,550,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboakye View Post
What if has been months and finally as of last thursday, the drug test, and background check finally has clear. And still no response from the HR or hiring manager? What should I do?
Call them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment