Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:04 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,332,006 times

Advertisements

When someone said that to me I had no idea what she meant. Then the guys googled it for me and I realized how badly she had disrespected me. I raised my voice at her because I was frustrated. Not the smart thing to so. I just got fed up trying to get my point across when she was totally off track. It was a work issue - and it was an emergency. Anyway, we were both frustrated and she totally shut down with that little comment and walked out, back to her office.

Today I spoke calmly with her about what happened. Waste of breath. I came *this* close to filing charges, she ticks everyone off.

So the question is: Are you familiar with the term? Is this something okay in a professional setting? Really I'm sort of just venting. I know it's inappropriate. We are of different races. She always plays the race card against anyone who disagrees with her. No one wants to deal with her.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:36 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,032,221 times
I know the term and have used it socially. Professionally it's not appropriate. She was basically saying that your the girl nobody likes or cares about. It's not a term of endearment and it should never be used towards a supervisor, especially in ear shot of you and other subordinates. I would think a write up would be warranted in this situation.

However filing charges sounds ridiculous. What law did she break?

Old 10-06-2015, 05:55 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,730,901 times
Filing charges? Do you mean writing her up? Are you her supervisor?

Honestly, it sounds like the two of you got into a (most likely unprofessional) spat over something. You raised your voice, then she basically told you "talk to the hand." Maybe you both should be written up, or maybe neither of you should be, but it doesn't sound like she "disrespected" you without provocation. You raised your voice at her first.

I'm not seeing what race has to do with it at all. My understanding of "bye, Felicia," is that it doesn't have to do with race, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:56 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,332,006 times
Sorry, write up. I'm gonna let it go but she's still a very unpleasant person to have to deal with, which I do. She's supposed to be processing my work...and doesn't, especially if she's ticked off. Anything ticks her off - if I talk to the other girl in her section...etc. So the other girl catches my work when she notices it's not being processed. So frickin' much drama. Everything about my job is awesome except this and it sucks.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:45 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,296,275 times
Girl?

Old 10-06-2015, 06:50 PM

299 posts, read 350,728 times
If no one likes to work with her, why is she still there?

Old 10-06-2015, 06:54 PM

12,109 posts, read 23,293,365 times
Never heard the term before. It sounds like you both lost your cool, so use it as a learning experience.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:08 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,945,057 times
i think you both need to grow up to be honest.. i had never heard of that term - i just googled it. If she's not doing her job, period- that should be brought up to both of your managers (if they are different) she should not be disregarding work because she's in a bad move. What kind of industry are you in? This all seems very childish

Old 10-06-2015, 10:28 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
When someone said that to me I had no idea what she meant. Then the guys googled it for me and I realized how badly she had disrespected me. I raised my voice at her because I was frustrated. Not the smart thing to so. I just got fed up trying to get my point across when she was totally off track. It was a work issue - and it was an emergency. Anyway, we were both frustrated and she totally shut down with that little comment and walked out, back to her office.

Today I spoke calmly with her about what happened. Waste of breath. I came *this* close to filing charges, she ticks everyone off.

So the question is: Are you familiar with the term? Is this something okay in a professional setting? Really I'm sort of just venting. I know it's inappropriate. We are of different races. She always plays the race card against anyone who disagrees with her. No one wants to deal with her.
People that use that term tend to be stupid and low class. I would just let it go and attribute it to that.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:55 AM

146 posts, read 213,822 times
I'd fire both of you and do the remaining staff a favor of not having to deal with such nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment