Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 10:05 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,567,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Um, I'm gay.

Also, have you seen the movie? That's how she is all the time.
Oh OK. But still not the best idea calling out someone's mistakes without fully knowing how they'd react.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:09 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,318,275 times
Quote:
She's not my manager. She's the client's PM.

Again, it was a joke, not ridiculing. People make a lot worse jokes to the upper echelons than that.

Not everything is a joke, there is a time and place and no matter what the situation, work is not the time or place. Even if "everyone else is doing it", would you follow "everyone else" jumping off a bridge?

Old 11-24-2015, 10:12 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,432,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Not everything is a joke, there is a time and place and no matter what the situation, work is not the time or place. Even if "everyone else is doing it", would you follow "everyone else" jumping off a bridge?
For goodness' sake, we joke a lot at work. It's an office, not a funeral parlor.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:15 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,124,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Are you saying "Which restaurant?" is grounds for suing or getting someone fired?

I stand by calling her legally blond type. Not only does she act like that movie, she is now using that joke of mine to get me fired.

Someone who came straight out of college should not instantly become PM. Get some experience in the field first.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:17 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,124,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMan_72 View Post
Wow. Just wow... Did you really expect people on this forum to agree with your twisted logic and sexism? Your personality and behavior clearly shows and don't be surprised if you lose your contract because of this.
I actually didn't have any expectation.

Actually, let's hope we lose this contract.

I'll tell you this. My boss is the nicest and most patient man I have ever known in my life. Even he lost patience with her once and walked out of a meeting.

Let me repeat. Someone who just graduated college should not become project manager right away. She is pretty much reinforcing every stereotype about people with little experience but want to force respect onto others.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:19 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,442,433 times
Quote:
She graduated from college. Her daddy is the big boss, so she went straight to project manager from college.

Her dad happens to be one of our clients.

We have been having nothing but problems with her.

But put that aside. A couple days ago, she sent me an email. She meant to say "chief" but she misspelled it and said "chef". I replied "from which restaurant?" with a smiley.

Just found out today she is making a big deal out of this. Throwing a tantrum.

She's been accusing us of overcharging them. We and her daddy have been asking for evidence of this for months and she has not produced anything. And yet, she keeps bringing it up in our meetings from time to time, that we're overcharging them.

Just letting out some steam. Hopefully, her boss will at some point stop turning a blind eye to all her legally blond BS.

Ick. I hate a situation like that.

Her boss is not going to turn a blind eye; he was stupid enough to put a young girl with no experience as a PM, and it's his daughter.

Just be professional with this client at all times, and if possible, have someone else deal with the little pest.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:21 AM

8,082 posts, read 10,100,899 times
Just to make sure I understand, Daddy is your firm's client?

And, as a favor, your firm hired Daddy's daughter?

And somehow, you haven't figured out that you are a little worm in this relationship, and rather than lose the multi kazillion dollar contract with Daddy, they will extinguish you like a bug on a windshield.

Stay out of it. The customer, and the customer's daughter, is ALWAYS right. They are paying the bills. When they say jump, you say "how high"?

If you are smart, and your jumping skills (a$$ kissing) are good, you might get to make a career out of the situation. If you continue to be stupid, you more than likely will find yourself unemployed.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:24 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,318,275 times
Quote:
Are you saying "Which restaurant?" is grounds for suing or getting someone fired?

I stand by calling her legally blond type. Not only does she act like that movie, she is now using that joke of mine to get me fired.

Someone who came straight out of college should not instantly become PM. Get some experience in the field first.

In this situation yes, she has the upper hand in this situation for a number of reasons but the biggest thing is she has your little "joke" in writing, she was offended, she is working for her father, etc....

YOU do not get to decide who should be a PM and apparantly your "experience in the field" has only taught you that it is appropriate to "joke" with someone, offend them, degrade them and refer to them as legally blonde (whatever that movie reference is)

Old 11-24-2015, 10:37 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
Quote:

Let me repeat. Someone who just graduated college should not become project manager right away.
SO then keep your rant limited to this, the actual facts that matter.

Leave out the personal prejudices.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:40 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,682,887 times
Quote:

This isn't your judgment call to make. I worked for my father's construction company as the supervisor from the time I was 16 until I moved away at 21. That has helped me learn how to deal with people, how to make mistakes and find solutions to correct them, and learn how to manage.

Young managers make mistakes (really, all managers do) but that doesn't mean they can't be molded into something better. Young managers will usually learn from those mistakes and soak up their peer's criticisms like a sponge and get better.

Just because she went directly from college to a PM doesn't mean she doesn't know what she is doing. That's your opinion of her. She may or may not. If her clients are ok with her, it should be no concern for you. By stereotyping her, you are showing yourself as a stereotype as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment