Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 02:37 PM

23 posts, read 14,694 times

Advertisements

It's for a call center at a insurance company

37,000 full benefits all that

37,00 for me a single, no kids male. Thats really great for me considering i'm at 24,000 right now

I nailed the 1st interview with human resources, she said "there's no reason why you shouldn't have this job"

Had the 2nd interview today with a hiring manager and another guy from a different location

Hardest interview ever

These were 3 of the questions they asked

1)If you won 20 million dollars what would you do with it
--My answer. Pay my bills, give money to my parents, donate to multiple charities, build myself my dream house in the country and invest the rest

2)What would your super power be?
--Flying. That way I could save humans/animals who needed help

3)If you were a waiter how would you tell a customer , who ordered a baked potato?
Me-- Well I'd apologize and offer them a replacement for the potato

One of the questions I failed at miserably and I knew it. I worded everything wrong

The other questions were so repetitive about customer service I didnt know how to change my answers?

1)What 2 factors make for good customer service?
---Friendliness and reliable

Like IDK. I hope I get the job but damn I really dont think I will
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 02:53 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
Yea, sometimes for entry level and jobs which attract a broad range of applicants where soft skills are the primary requirement, you get a lot of behavioral questions.

They can suck, but they are in place so you can beat out other candidates who are lesser prepared than you. So, if you spend some time, it can get you a job.

I had a fair amount of those questions when I was entry level and when I applied to jobs outside of my degree/experience when I was much younger.

If I were to get interviewed these days, they'd ask me if I can do A, B, C. If I cannot, then they'll tell me pretty directly I'm not what they're looking for.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:02 PM

23 posts, read 14,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Yea, sometimes for entry level and jobs which attract a broad range of applicants where soft skills are the primary requirement, you get a lot of behavioral questions.

They can suck, but they are in place so you can beat out other candidates who are lesser prepared than you. So, if you spend some time, it can get you a job.

I had a fair amount of those questions when I was entry level and when I applied to jobs outside of my degree/experience when I was much younger.

If I were to get interviewed these days, they'd ask me if I can do A, B, C. If I cannot, then they'll tell me pretty directly I'm not what they're looking for.

yea they are hiring 12-14 people so we will just have to see if im one of the lucky ones

Old 12-04-2017, 03:05 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,477,075 times
None of your answers above seem particularly bad. I personally would not chalk this up as a loss just yet.

Hope it works out!

Old 12-04-2017, 03:16 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times
Ridiculous that a freaking call center job for lousy pay really for 2017, requires a CIA-like entrance psychobabble behavioral interview these days.

Ive been on interviews where there is not ONE question related to the damn job. WTF is that? There should be terminations or company closings if the idiot employers can't even conduct SANE interviews and have questions pertaining to the damn jobs we apply for. Don't waste our time.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:25 PM

674 posts, read 608,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Ridiculous that a freaking call center job for lousy pay really for 2017, requires a CIA-like entrance psychobabble behavioral interview these days.
That's how HR folks justify their own existence.
I did go through a very long interview process with the CIA, back in the late 1980s. While it dragged on for several months, the interviews were very professional and straightforward. I did have to have a long talk with a shrink, and was told that was part of the process.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:40 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyholton View Post
1)If you won 20 million dollars what would you do with it
--My answer. Pay my bills, give money to my parents, donate to multiple charities, build myself my dream house in the country and invest the rest

2)What would your super power be?
--Flying. That way I could save humans/animals who needed help

3)If you were a waiter how would you tell a customer , who ordered a baked potato?
Me-- Well I'd apologize and offer them a replacement for the potato
With these type of questions, no wonder the American business world is in such a tailspin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nccoast View Post
That's how HR folks justify their own existence.
Sad but true. Lots of these HR people could never exist in the real world doing real jobs.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:57 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,300,293 times
I don't think you failed.
Silly questions....better suited for what if conversations among friends....

Old 12-04-2017, 04:09 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
So, to any of the HR experts here - what would have been good answers???

Old 12-04-2017, 04:13 PM

370 posts, read 505,056 times
I'm sorry but those questions seem to be asked by some immature manager. Don't feel bad - this was not a very professional interview - from what it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment