Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 11:05 AM

344 posts, read 431,763 times

Advertisements

Hello so I had an interview and passed it, they did my background check, called my references took my social insurance number and I left my old job that I had for a couple of years, when i started working with a security company i was told the first two weeks of training were not paid (in class learning). The teacher had spoke with me the day before the class, and told me that if I were to fail its okay because I would just be working on a different site patroling. Well here I am today, I failed the exam in training on the end of the first week and now I was told “I sent an email to the guy who hired you in HR and they told me that they should get back to you by this week.” When I got home I decided to email the guy who hired me in HR and ask what was going on, I asked if I would be working on a new site and he wrote back within 5 minutes saying “I am going to look into it.”

Whats going on? I feel like I quit my other paying job for nothing... I feel afraid and not secure now because how will I pay my bills?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 11:12 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,845,658 times
sHOULDN'T HAVE QUIT FOR A NON PAYING JOB

Old 02-27-2018, 11:14 AM

I could not keep both... this job pays 19$ an hour compred to my last job 11$ an hour. Plus the class is full time all day and so was my other job .. I cannot be in two places at once

Old 02-27-2018, 11:33 AM

1,104 posts, read 921,562 times
What does your contract say?

Old 02-27-2018, 11:36 AM

34,131 posts, read 83,135,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post

interview and passed it, background check, references, social insurance number
and I left my old job that I had for a couple of years,

this job pays 19$ an hour compred to my last job 11$ an hour.

when i started working with a security company i was told the first two weeks of training were not paid

failed the exam in training on the end of the first week...
told me that they should get back to you by this week.”

...wrote back within 5 minutes saying “I am going to look into it.”

I feel like I quit my other paying job for nothing...
You took a shot and maybe it isn't working out.

Quote:
I feel afraid and not secure now because how will I pay my bills?!
bottom line... how hard is it to get another $11 job?

Get something on the night shift if you can so you're available for the next opportunity.
You need to do this tomorrow btw

As time goes on start building up an 'emergency fund' for rough times.

You'll be okay.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:05 PM

Well i was told usually in security (its a big comapny with many contracts) they just put you on a different place to patrol.. is this true ?

Old 02-28-2018, 08:00 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,537,273 times
You failed training and you question why they aren't calling you back?

Old 02-28-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
You failed training and you question why they aren't calling you back?
Well because the teacher told me that after you fail training you always have a job with us just work at a different site.. but maybe he was lying..

Old 02-28-2018, 08:58 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,574,057 times
If you fail at one location why would you succeed at another?

Old 02-28-2018, 10:34 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,160,008 times
Security and service companies often don't clearly state things to applicants. They base fulfilling client needs using a numbers game. They are there for their clients that own or manage the site. I went through something similar in 2016. Place basically pressured me to quit my job, told me it was in a finished building as a lead concierge-place was still under construction and there was no desk even in place. I Had another offer come in and quit after 4 days.

Direct employment with a main employer is best with these positions. Get a written offer letter, never give notice until it is acknowledged by them and you have a start date.

Get right back up now and apply to jobs to keep your income going. Take it from there. People have gotten through this before, and you will too. Use the experience to not repeat it in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment