Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 06:08 AM

2,704 posts, read 2,777,044 times

Advertisements

They're replacing people with kiosks.

That's a no brainer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 06:11 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,020,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Here are your steps to success McDonald's. I'll be waiting for my check:

1. Improve the quality of the food. They have been increasingly taking shortcuts and using fillers or whatnot and the food just sucks now.

2. Cut back on your menu. Go back to what made you; burgers, fries, soft drinks, shakes.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I would love to know why these overpaid executives don't go directly to the source, us, and ask us why their business is failing. After all, we're the ones making it fail, and we're making it fail because there is something significant we don't like about it. Why don't they just say, "Hey customers, why don't you want to buy McDonalds anymore? What are we doing wrong?" But no, they won't do that. They just hold pointless meetings amongst themselves, decide on an equally pointless plan of action, and begin the long, slow decent into bankruptcy.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:04 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,487,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth. I would love to know why these overpaid executives don't go directly to the source, us, and ask us why their business is failing. After all, we're the ones making it fail, and we're making it fail because there is something significant we don't like about it. Why don't they just say, "Hey customers, why don't you want to buy McDonalds anymore? What are we doing wrong?" But no, they won't do that. They just hold pointless meetings amongst themselves, decide on an equally pointless plan of action, and begin the long, slow decent into bankruptcy.
Haven't you heard? Reaching a certain level in management automatically means you know everything about anything. They have all the answers!

Old 06-19-2018, 10:41 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,108,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deposite View Post
They're replacing people with kiosks.

That's a no brainer.
Yep. I went to one about a month ago and there is no cashier, just kiosks and people making the food in the back.

I think they should all have kiosks instead of rude cashiers who get an attitude if you ask for an extra pack of ketchup. They also need to invest in some new equipment. I hate it when I want a mccafe drink or frappe and the machine is down.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:22 AM

4,422 posts, read 2,975,682 times
Quote:
How the hell would you know McDonalds isn't dong that? What is your source? Or are you just blindly making up stuff? Its called market research, and companies have whole teams of people who handle this. The problem is people like you want a $12 burger that costs $3 with the service quality of a 5 star restaurant. If they make the $12 burger you complain and go somewhere else. You obviously have no understanding of how businesses and corporations work in the real world do you.

Last edited by Berteau; 06-19-2018 at 11:44 AM..

Old 06-19-2018, 12:14 PM

17,154 posts, read 13,020,469 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
How the hell would you know McDonalds isn't dong that? What is your source? Or are you just blindly making up stuff? Its called market research, and companies have whole teams of people who handle this. You obviously have no understanding of how businesses and corporations work in the real world do you.
Simple. If Mc Donald's were doing market research, this thread wouldn't exist. They have had the same problems for years. And we the people have been saying the same thing all this time: the menu is too complicated, the service is substandard even for a fast food joint, and the food quality has gone down the crapper while the prices have gone way up.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Simple. If Mc Donald's were doing market research, this thread wouldn't exist. They have had the same problems for years. And we the people have been saying the same thing all this time: the menu is too complicated, the service is substandard even for a fast food joint, and the food quality has gone down the crapper while the prices have gone way up.
What problem? They are by far the largest fast food restaurant in the WORLD, so they obviously did some research! So you're saying a thread on an internet forum qualifies as a legitimate source?? I'm guessing you get the rest of your news from facebook. WHere is your research??

90% of the people who posted on this thread didn't even read the story! 90% of the people who read the story didn't understand i

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/feji.../#7a38e5f615a7
t!

Old 06-19-2018, 01:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 24,001,717 times
Quote:
Eh too many people want different things. Some want McDonald's to be cheap others dont want that. It is all over the place and even with focus groups you might not get a full idea or unified vision. Trust me, this is happening where my father works.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
https://money.usnews.com/investing/s...tion-mcd-stock

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/02/mcdo...kicks-off.html

The arrogance and stupidity on this forum is shocking! Does anyone these days read the news or research or make sure they know what they are talking about before going on long false rants based on nothing? Easy to find information proving the direct opposite of what all these negative posters have been posting.

The combination of McDonald's planned rollout of fresh, never-frozen beef, its recent relaunch of its Dollar Menu and woes at other restaurant chains could help the restaurant boost its same-store sales and grab more market share in the industry.

The burger giant's stock ended 2017 up more than 41 percent, the largest stock move in the restaurant industry during the year, and more than one analyst is calling for more gains in the new year.

Nomura-Instinet analyst Mark Kalinow
ski raised his earnings expectations and stock price target for the chain Tuesday, calling it his top restaurant pick for 2018.

He predicts that same-store sales for the company will continue to grow, particularly in the second half of this year, citing the national rollout of fresh, never-frozen beef in its Quarter Pounder and Signature Crafted burgers as a major catalyst.

Last edited by Berteau; 06-19-2018 at 06:04 PM..

Old 06-19-2018, 06:44 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,994,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
The problem with McDonald's is their food, not their employees. The sandwiches and other food portions are too small. When you order a meal at McDonald's you get a message by the size of the portion that says "I don't care about my reputation, I just want to save money by giving you the smallest amount of food that I can get away with."

For a long time this has been the case. I avoid going to this "restaurant" because of these small food portions that seem to be meant for little children rather than adults.

McDonald's can restructure all it wants, but if it doesn't improve the size of their food portions then they will continue to be buffeted around by their competitors
I would contend it's the opposite. McDonald's has tried too hard to pretend it's not a purveyor of junk food and is getting it's lunch eaten by Jack in the Box and Taco Bell who own what they are and embrace it instead of trying to streamline food items or make them appear healthier/hip and more expensive. Heck, even In-n-out is cheaper than McDonald's on the whole with better product.

With some of the deals out there at sit down fast casual restaurants like Chili's, one could get a steak dinner with an appetizer and a desert for less than a combination meal at McDonald's. That's just crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment