Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:58 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times

Advertisements

my weirdest was working for the lions eye bank, driving out to hospitals and morgues in the middle of the night, and removing corneas and eyeballs from the newly departed. i was on call from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. so i got paid even when i stayed home.

the worst was a minimum wage job as a convenience store cashier.

<edit> ugh, can someone move this to the work and employment section? i don't know how i got here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 12:36 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times
I never had a weird job before. But the WORST job I've had was being a stupid Telemarketer (UGGHH! I'll never do that again). Telemarketing sucks!!

But I did love being a cocktail waitress at a gentlemen's club. That's probably my 2nd favorite job (my first is my 6 years in the Army). I could wear anything I wanted to, that was sexy, and got paid at least $150-$300 a night (5 nights a week). I loved that one.

The only bad thing about it is that it lasted only 6 months, because they changed managements all the time and change the staff too (I was one) and having to deal with drunks is horrible also.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:23 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,262,232 times
Moving houses to another location

Old 08-12-2009, 12:38 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Moving houses to another location
in what way was that a weird or bad job?

Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
I was a supervisor at a packaging plant that bottled drain opener.

Yep, sulfuric acid, H2SO4.

I ruined all of my clothes. Got burned too.

Nasty. Folks that worked there for more than 10 years didn't have any teeth. That stuff hangs in the air and gets everywhere, eating anything that it comes in contact with.

Had a part time gig cleaning offices to help make ends meet when my OT was cut.

Let's just say that the womenfolk in that office weren't very sanitary. The bathrooms were horrendous.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:37 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Hauling corpses off of crime scenes. It was less than pleasant.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:49 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Hauling corpses off of crime scenes. It was less than pleasant.

I wouldn't want the job of cleaning up those scenes either.

I can't even clean up dog poo without gagging.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
my weirdest was working for the lions eye bank, driving out to hospitals and morgues in the middle of the night, and removing corneas and eyeballs from the newly departed. i was on call from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. so i got paid even when i stayed home.

the worst was a minimum wage job as a convenience store cashier.

<edit> ugh, can someone move this to the work and employment section? i don't know how i got here
I "clerked" right out of high school.

Got robbed 3 weeks after I started. Not worth it.

that eyeball thing freaks me out.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:57 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I never had a weird job before. But the WORST job I've had was being a stupid Telemarketer (UGGHH! I'll never do that again). Telemarketing sucks!!

But I did love being a cocktail waitress at a gentlemen's club. That's probably my 2nd favorite job (my first is my 6 years in the Army). I could wear anything I wanted to, that was sexy, and got paid at least $150-$300 a night (5 nights a week). I loved that one.

The only bad thing about it is that it lasted only 6 months, because they changed managements all the time and change the staff too (I was one) and having to deal with drunks is horrible also.
thanks for your service!

I could never be a telemarketer, as I'm incredibly rude to them at home.

I know some servers that have made some cool cash, and I bartended for a 'lil while. Not bad cash for what you do. Hours sucked though. Most inebriated folks are easy to deal with, but occasionally ya get one that's out of control.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:42 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,934,552 times
I was once desperate and accepted a job as a phone psychic. I think I took maybe one call and lasted a whole minute before I broke down and told the person that it was a scam and then I quit. I just couldn't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment