Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 08:15 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,913,299 times

Advertisements

Woman-on-Woman Bullying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 08:18 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,165,674 times
I had a woman like this in an office I used to work for . I went so far as to report her to the boss and the boss told me "I cant fire her she is one of my wifes best friend " clearly he never got the idea that business and friendship should never be mixed . He also told me that she was due to retire in a few months and he would not want to ruin their friendship " . This woman consistantly cursed in the office and was constantly talking down to her husband who worked there as well . I am sorry you are going through this it can make you dred going to work every day . I hope you can get through this and I wish you luck . I would try killing her with kindness and have you found out is she related to the boss or friends with the boss ?If she is then you are in a losing battleground and it will not get better. I do wish you well .

Old 06-28-2009, 11:17 AM

111 posts, read 259,279 times
I had co workers like this in the past and found that most of the time these people were insecure in their lives. I think the opinions of one coworker won't matter in the long run--unless you let it.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:34 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,164,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiest50 View Post
No way is this woman going to bully me out of that job.I like my job and like I said in the previous response I'm there to stay wether she likes it or not.
Thanks.I will keep you posted.

Hey Debbie, me and you are pretty much the same far as the status at our job. I been at mine for 4 weeks and I have went through this with a woman a few times but I just laughed. Only thing in my situation is that I have to continue talking to her because she plays a important role in what I need to do to please my supervisor. So just do like I have been doing and kill her kindness.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:40 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,863,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Hey Debbie, me and you are pretty much the same far as the status at our job. I been at mine for 4 weeks and I have went through this with a woman a few times but I just laughed. Only thing in my situation is that I have to continue talking to her because she plays a important role in what I need to do to please my supervisor. So just do like I have been doing and kill her kindness.
Is this the same woman who you allege saw you looking rather downfallen and tried to cheer you up? The one who has a boyfriend? The one who you now claim is "touching" you and "picking you?" I never could decipher the latter, have an image of simians picking grubs and fleas off each other ... Or is this another coworker about whom we've not yet heard via your continuing saga?

TVSG, I would take a totally wild guess and easily figure out that the disparity between your and Debbie's situation is wildly disparate. Debbie can put together a bunch of cohesive sentences to produce a post which is understandable both where grammar and content is concerned while you continue to fumble around and fail miserably on both scores.

Debbie, the advice you've been given from the get-go has already been acknowledged by you. You were looking for assurance and you got it. Cheers!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,164,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Is this the same woman who you allege saw you looking rather downfallen and tried to cheer you up? The one who has a boyfriend? The one who you now claim is "touching" you and "picking you?" I never could decipher the latter, have an image of simians picking grubs and fleas off each other ... Or is this another coworker about whom we've not yet heard via your continuing saga?

TVSG, I would take a totally wild guess and easily figure out that the disparity between your and Debbie's situation is wildly disparate. Debbie can put together a bunch of cohesive sentences to produce a post which is understandable both where grammar and content is concerned while you continue to fumble around and fail miserably on both scores.

Debbie, the advice you've been given from the get-go has already been acknowledged by you. You were looking for assurance and you got it. Cheers!

No I'm not attracted to this girl at all since she is big as a house. Maybe that's why she is so irritable

Old 06-29-2009, 06:28 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,712,443 times
What has worked for me is to limit contact. Plan your question in advance if you need her assistance. Once you have your answer then say thanks and cut off the conversation.
Do not engage her otherwise, I think the flattering, ect will only feed the ego. A bully will never change, you just have to keep your shields up! Good Luck!

YouTube - LCARS Red Alert

Old 06-29-2009, 06:46 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,135,081 times
Usually being really nice to this type of person is the best thing to do. It makes you look like the good guy to others, and it will honestly make her leave you alone since she sees she can't rattle your chain and will go elsewhere. Good luck!

Old 06-30-2009, 03:20 AM

91 posts, read 528,766 times
Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions.I did turn around yesterday and start making conversation with her.I asked her some misc. questions about what her different interest were....She seemed to lighten up and laugh.
So hopefully that's a sign that things will get a little better.She even helped me without being snide yesterday.So that's a definite step in the right direction.
I only hope it continues.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:22 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,274,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiest50 View Post
Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions.I did turn around yesterday and start making conversation with her.I asked her some misc. questions about what her different interest were....She seemed to lighten up and laugh.
So hopefully that's a sign that things will get a little better.She even helped me without being snide yesterday.So that's a definite step in the right direction.
I only hope it continues.
Maybe she Just needs a good friend...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment