Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 04:35 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times

Advertisements

1.Spain
2.Chile/Argentina/Uruguay
5.Costa Rica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 04:51 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
You don't have to be sorry, most of Spain, including rural Spain, has higher GDP per capita and higher living standards than Northern Ireland.

You don't live in a poor country but NI is not England.
I don't think so. I've been to rural Spain and the amenities and standard of the houses are terrible.

One thing I did not see in rural Spain was REGULAR BUS SERVICES.

Also the unemployment rate in NI is lower than ROI and Spain.

Typical rural NI house.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.95...E1cPJTTEjg!2e0

Typical rural Spain house.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@38.58...epM0icb0MA!2e0

Old 05-13-2014, 05:50 AM

595 posts, read 719,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
I don't think so.
Well, this is not about whatever you think or not, the data are objective and demonstrable, most of Spain has a higher GDP per capita and higher standards of living than Northern Ireland.

Quote:
One thing I did not see in rural Spain was REGULAR BUS SERVICES.
Maybe you weren't very effective in your research, or maybe the fact that you have no idea of the language does that you have no clue about what happens in a country that you visit. There are REGULAR BUS SERVICES in rural Spain.
Anyway, Spain is three times bigger than the UK, and you know only a little part of Spain. How can you make such a big generalization of something you know so little?

Quote:
Also the unemployment rate in NI is lower than ROI and Spain.
True, unemployment rate in almost any Latin American country is lowar than NI, UK and ROI. According to you that makes Latin America a better place to live.

Quote:
That's not a house but a farm, people WORK on farms, not LIVE in them.
And again, Spain is a far more diverse than the UK. That could be typical rural house of a small Spanish region (which it is not), not a typical rural Spain house, that does not exist.

Quote:
I've been to rural Spain and the amenities and standard of the houses are terrible.
Judging by your comments and photos about supposed typical houses, the fact that you've been in Spain is not proof of anything, you have no idea about that country.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:15 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,527,393 times
Chile or Uruguay.
Spain is great, but they usually look down to brazilians; I don't want to move to a country where I would likely suffer prejudice.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:49 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,487,999 times
Spanish rural houses:

https://www.google.es/search?q=casa+...house&tbm=isch

https://www.google.es/search?q=casa+...B1ola&tbm=isch

Old 05-13-2014, 03:07 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,922 times
Spain, Chile, Uruguay, Costa Rica in that order.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:10 PM

595 posts, read 719,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
Chile or Uruguay.
Spain is great, but they usually look down to brazilians; I don't want to move to a country where I would likely suffer prejudice.
I guess you said it because the banana throw to Alves or border control at the airports, but don't take it as something against brazilians.
Of course there are some racist people, but usually spanish don't look down to brazilians. The reason for the controls at the airports a few years ago was because the spanish authorities got really paranoid about illegal immigration, not brazilians in particular, and began passing absurd laws.
IMO, since the competition to host the Olympic Games, spanish and brazilian press has been dedicated to to drive a wedge, but it certainly is far from reality, in Spain one of the most popular countries is Brazil.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:19 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
Spain. The lifestyle overall is closer to home, and even though all of Mexico, Central America, and parts of South American are closer, I would physically feel closer to home in Spain. I'm looking in to visiting the extreme northwest. I can study a term in Galicia in Vigo and I think that would be delightful.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:20 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,203,689 times
Chile, Spain, Panama

Old 05-14-2014, 11:02 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
Chile or Uruguay.
From what I saw living in Spain, they doesn't really have anything against Brazilians.

They have issues against Ecuadorians, Peruvians, and Colombians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World