Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:25 PM

844 posts, read 1,656,710 times

Advertisements

Usa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
Is that really what they tell you on CNBC? Oh dear.
Your just mad because your unemployment rate is skyrocketing and most of the people in your country hates living there.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag77845 View Post
Usa.
..oh wait never mind its you, i respect all your posts because they all make perfect sense, hey you still never responded to your explanation on why Mexico and USA are similar.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Switzerland Worked in WWII.
Agree. There have been other instances besides WWII where Switzerland was just dandy while the rest of Europe was mostly a mess. Recent times come to mind...

Old 07-10-2013, 05:19 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Umm hello knock America is currently booming and getting much better unlike European countries are deficit is going down our unemployment rate is going down, companies are moving back to the USA at this moment...countries that are collapsing are the UK, France, Greece, Italy and more...
I know there has been a slowdown in the Frenche and UK economies over recent years (like most other Euro nations) but theyre hardly in the same boat as Greece and Italy.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:48 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,991,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The poorest countries will remain pretty much as they are now. Countries that currently have a very limited energy footprint might not notice much difference at all. Even Mexico, where much of the population consumes unprocessed food that is grown nearby, with little application of chemicals, and the electrical consumption of many houses is just a couple of light bulbs, and heating and air conditioning are absent in a great majority of homes, and there is a well-developed public transportation infrastructure already in place. Of course, urban Mexicans, accustomed to big city life, will not fare as well as those in the pueblecitas.

Go a couple of steps further down the ladder, and people in countries like Malawi might not even be aware that there has been a meltdown.
I agree man... In many poor places, most people don't really notice recessions or booms because life is always hard!

Old 07-10-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I know there has been a slowdown in the Frenche and UK economies over recent years (like most other Euro nations) but theyre hardly in the same boat as Greece and Italy.
Oh yes you are completely right!!!no sarcasm

Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 PM

554 posts, read 736,370 times
Quote:
Dr Copper says otherwise.
Oh it's copper now is it?

Remember the guy you encouraged to buy gold back in December?

Quote:
Based upon physical demand in London, COT data and evidence of capping algorithms in place to diminish the price of PMs I would say this bull run still has a long long way to go. I'm so far unconvinced by arguments that gold is somehow in a bubble or is about to tank. Any notion that the spot price of gold is somehow behaving as it should be is quickly extinguished by sitting in front of trading desk for a few hours.
Since then the gold price has fallen to a 3 year low!

BBC News - Gold price falls below $1,200 an ounce

So now that Dr Gold is the new short-sellers dream, what is it that you're proposing Dr Copper is telling us?

Old 07-11-2013, 12:45 AM

250 posts, read 502,925 times
Quote:
Remember the guy you encouraged to buy gold back in December?

Since then the gold price has fallen to a 3 year low!

BBC News - Gold price falls below $1,200 an ounce

So now that Dr Gold is the new short-sellers dream, what is it that you're proposing Dr Copper is telling us?
Do you know anything about how the metals market works?

The current spot price of gold is maintained by (very illegal) concentrated naked paper short positions in a fractional paper bullion market that is leveraged 100:1. In other words, it is currently set by contractual IOUs for gold, most of which are not backed by actual physical gold. This "paper market" has now become disconnected from the fundamentals of physical supply and demand.

That's why with the recent drop in the paper price we are seeing the following:

(1) A divergence between Physical and Paper (ETF) Gold trading:

(2) Exploding premiums for physical gold on the back of very heavy demand:

Gold premiums double in India as demand outstrips supply
China's demand for physical quadruples Gold premium

(3) Imploding physical gold inventories in western banks/exchanges:

(4) Reports of mass withdrawals of physical gold from allocated accounts:

Is The Gold Manipulation Backfiring? | Monty Pelerin's World

(5) Reports of widespread backlogs and delays in physical gold deliveries:

There's absolutely no physical gold for sale - Andrew Maguire

(6) A reversal in the Commitment of Traders data:

From this (October 2012):
U.S. Banks 40,625 (Gross Long) 146,809 (Gross Short)
Non U.S. Banks 34,881 (Gross Long) 113,445 (Gross Short)
TOTAL 75,506 (Gross Long) 248,254 (Gross Short)

To this (A few days ago):
U.S. Banks 69,565 (Gross Long) 24,939 (Gross Short)
Non U.S. Banks 34,904 (Gross Long) 58,565 (Gross Short)
TOTAL 104,560 (Gross Long) 83,859 (Gross Short)

(7) Accelerating backwardation:

If you don't know what this means, let me put it more simply...

We're seeing an all-out war on gold by central banks (operating through unaccountable Exchange Stabilization Funds), in a bid to to maintain the monetary status quo, about to backfire in a spectacular way. The "smart money" and big investors are still buying and holding gold throughout this "correction" because they know what the long term trend for physical gold will be. A default in the Comex or LBMA (the exchanges for paper gold contracts) due to depleted gold inventories may be a flashpoint for a widespread monetary "black swan". That's why what we're seeing in the gold markets is a very dangerous situation for the global financial system.

Andrew Maguire - former Goldman Sachs precious metals trader and whistleblower - explains the implications of a LBMA/Comex default and manipulation in the PM market.

Last edited by Citizen401; 07-11-2013 at 01:42 AM..

Old 07-11-2013, 04:35 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Canada has a strong banking system, educated and diverse labour force, incredibly resource rich (worlds second largest country) with a relatively small population for such size. Not to mention a market on our border that is the worlds most important economy and is 10 times our size population wise who need our stuff.... I think we'll be just fine actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
I know a few people who want to migrate out of the USA before the collapse and they want to go to Canada. i told them i would not trust their economy but they seem to feel that it will fair well. i dont know maybe they are right but i have many doubts about Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World