Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2016, 11:30 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by morga View Post
You can't find art nouveau in Brussels? you obviously never been there then.
Yes, I have. Have you?

Old 03-28-2016, 02:15 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,192,804 times
I did not find Milan very interesting, but I guess it is more of a business hub in Italy.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-29-2016 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 03-28-2016, 05:53 PM

37,156 posts, read 39,441,390 times
Kind of find the selection of Columbus odd since there are definitely other cities/metros in the US of similar size that are even less fun such as Indianapolis or Charlotte. Columbus actually has a decent number of things going on for a US city/metro of its size.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:23 PM

298 posts, read 276,940 times
Toronto Canada, a city I currently live in, Has nothing but conservative vibes for a city its size and very quiet for its size, lacks architecture, unfriendly or reserved people, bad dating scene, Everything closes early at 2am which makes it quite the boring city it is. It's a city that is cold all year round and is only warm for 2-3 months before it gettings into the polar vortex system again which makes it a dead city during the winter, it also compares itself to being the New York of Canada which absolutely doesn't compete with. You can feel very lonely and depressed and socially isolated in this city, making friends can be really hard here if you already don't have none.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:33 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
NYC can be quite annoying and boring after a while, it's prohibitively expensive, everyone works all the time to be able to afford living there, most of the stuff you see it's there for tourists because new yorkers hardly have time or can afford to go there and it's become so gentrified, safe, pretentious, and cliche, the city is starting to be tacky!

I mean when I lived there the new attraction was a little pretentious and mediocre bakery store where you'd have to wait in line for two hours to be able to buy a cupcake. (What was the hassle?) well Carrie Bradshaw from sex and the city buys cupcakes there everytime she feels down so suddenly EVERYONE has to go there. (yes that level of pretentiousness, self-absorption, tackiness and arrogance makes new york a really irritating place to be). Let's not even get started with the "New york is NewYork, everywhere else is backwater" type of mentality coming from idiots who have never been outside NYC in their lives and know virtually nothing of the world.

How do I know all this you ask? I lived there!

If you seriously think london and NYC are the two most exciting places on the planet, YOU REALLY NEED TO DO SOME TRAVELING and get out of the dreadful anglosphere!
I don't believe I said this, but anyway if you can think of anything that any city on this planet has that either London or New York lacks I would be interested to hear it! I wager that your list will not be very long.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:53 AM

54 posts, read 55,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar21 View Post
Toronto Canada, a city I currently live in, Has nothing but conservative vibes for a city its size and very quiet for its size, lacks architecture, unfriendly or reserved people, bad dating scene, Everything closes early at 2am which makes it quite the boring city it is. It's a city that is cold all year round and is only warm for 2-3 months before it gettings into the polar vortex system again which makes it a dead city during the winter, it also compares itself to being the New York of Canada which absolutely doesn't compete with. You can feel very lonely and depressed and socially isolated in this city, making friends can be really hard here if you already don't have none.
Toronto is depressing

A city of 3 million people, with a downtown that is almost empty because everyone is in their cookie cutter suburbs. Honestly I'll pass!

Yet you get westerners who never really went anywhere, thinking Toronto is like heaven on earth!!!! PLEASE!!!! GO TO BANGKOK AND THEN GO BACK TO TORONTO AND TELL ME IF THAT SUBURBAN EXCUSE FOR A CITY FEELS ANYTHING AS VIBRANT AND FUN!

Let's not even get started on some of the Americans here who think places like ZZZZzzzzsuburbiATLANTA is one of the most exciting places on the planet!!!

Or Portland oregon with its gloomy weather and its provincial prejudiced classist vegans is one of the most exciting metropolis on the planet!!!

Old 03-29-2016, 06:56 AM

54 posts, read 55,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I don't believe I said this, but anyway if you can think of anything that any city on this planet has that either London or New York lacks I would be interested to hear it! I wager that your list will not be very long.
Plenty of places offer more than NYC or London

you're pretty narrow minded if you think everyone wants to live in a prohibitively expensive, multicultural, busy work work work work hurry up move move type of place!!!

I much rather sit in Rio, sip caipirinhas, have sex with a latin hunk on copacabana and listen to some samba than sit in some crowded subway line infested with rats, psychotic people, in a racially segregated city like NYC where if you're not the right skin color, you're often led to feel like you are the odd number that doesn't really match with the equation!!!

Old 03-29-2016, 07:43 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
I think that people whose real intention is to bash the U.S. use the term "Anglosphere" instead to make it seem a little less obvious.

lol

Old 03-29-2016, 08:57 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Could you name some of these "plenty of places" that have a broader range of offerings than the above cities?

Old 03-29-2016, 09:16 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:

you're pretty narrow minded if you think everyone wants to live in a prohibitively expensive, multicultural, busy work work work work hurry up move move type of place!!!

I much rather sit in Rio, sip caipirinhas, have sex with a latin hunk on copacabana and listen to some samba than sit in some crowded subway line infested with rats, psychotic people, in a racially segregated city like NYC where if you're not the right skin color, you're often led to feel like you are the odd number that doesn't really match with the equation!!!
You haven't actually answered my question here, can you give us the list I asked you for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World