Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most respected made in
Germany 29 35.80%
Japan 27 33.33%
US 11 13.58%
South Korea 1 1.23%
UK 5 6.17%
Canada 4 4.94%
Sweden 0 0%
Other(which one) 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 07:52 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,382,804 times

Advertisements

Just out of curiosity, what in your opinion do you respect the most when you see made in...? Furthermore costs aside if you were to build something where would you bild.

Me i would go with South Korea. Hard-working, honest and smart people. More laid back than Japanese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 09:11 PM

8,867 posts, read 8,450,938 times
Switzerland

Old 08-25-2019, 09:11 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,411,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Hard-working, honest and smart people. More laid back than Japanese.
Hard working, yes. More laid back than Japanese? Doubtful.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:58 PM

676 posts, read 649,217 times
Weird poll results and list. Made in UK/England should really be at or near the top if you're talking about general public respectability of product quality. Germany... are people too focused on the cars? Rolls-Royce, McLaren, Bentley, Aston Martin and Jaguar are all British (if parent companies are housed elsewhere) and I think most of them are made in the UK. Some of the best suiting and luxury products hail from the UK and continue to be highly looked upon, some of the world's most prestigious brands across industries are British.

Switzerland is oddly missing from the list considering its watch pedigree. Where the heck are Italy and France? Korea shouldn't be on this list even if they are a very advanced economy. No one aside from Koreans specifically seek out "made in Korea". Canada by extension too... national pride perhaps but there's nothing special about being made in Canada aside from better worker's rights. Made in America is a nice Trump-y soundbite but for hierarchy of respectability I don't think it's upper echelon for most industries.

Unless you mean we are evaluating the people of the country. I mean I respect the tenacity of a wide array of Asian and South American countries but I don't think I'd specifically want my products made there, even if they are nice hard working people.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:42 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,728,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
Weird poll results and list. Made in UK/England should really be at or near the top if you're talking about general public respectability of product quality. Germany... are people too focused on the cars? Rolls-Royce, McLaren, Bentley, Aston Martin and Jaguar are all British (if parent companies are housed elsewhere) and I think most of them are made in the UK. Some of the best suiting and luxury products hail from the UK and continue to be highly looked upon, some of the world's most prestigious brands across industries are British.
This! For Luxury brands Britain is definitely the stand out across various industries.

France and Italy also top the poll for designer industries - I'm astounded they're not included in the poll. Aside from that maybe 'Made in Japan'? Switzerland for watches & chocolate obviously and Germany for engineering products inc. cars.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:58 AM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Insufficient poll...

Old 08-27-2019, 07:21 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,189 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
This! For Luxury brands Britain is definitely the stand out across various industries.

France and Italy also top the poll for designer industries - I'm astounded they're not included in the poll. Aside from that maybe 'Made in Japan'? Switzerland for watches & chocolate obviously and Germany for engineering products inc. cars.
There is also Royal Warrant of Appointment in the UK and some other countries, which means the company supplies the Royal Household, iis a highly respected.

Royal Warrant Holders Association

List of Royal Warrant holders of the British Royal Family - Wikipedia

Whilst the British Standards Institute Kitemark is one of the most recognised and respected symbols of quality and safety.

Kitemark - Wikipedia

Old 08-27-2019, 09:05 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,400,357 times
For me:

1. Japan. Electronics and cars especially.
2. Germany. Because I use some German products. Mostly music software by companies such as Steinberg which is a subsidiary of a Japanese company, Yamaha.
3. Vietnam. Some Japanese companies such as Nikon have varying parts of assembly done in Vietnam.
4. South Korea. Same reason as number 3.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:40 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,686,361 times
Japan, optics

Old 08-27-2019, 04:53 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,382,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Insufficient poll...
There is a "other" option
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World