Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 06:46 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Do you seriously believe this? Because it is pretty far off from reality.

Did you know that the United States remains the nation with the highest GDP in the world, and its economy continues to grow every year? If you combined the economies of all the other countries in North and South America, it would not be equal to half the size of the U.S. economy.

and just how is that helping the majority of us?

Sweden's GDP is 3/4ths that of the US, funny how I don't know any Swedes with a $2,000 or $4,000 or $6,000 yearly deductible on their health insurance.

funny how no Swede graduates college with $30,000 debt.

or medical school $180,000 in debt.

Gas is high, but then again they have well-built public transportation which they use as an option, and we have half the country derisively calling them "choo choo trains" as a political stunt.

the MYTH of high tax, socialized European state is just that, a myth, they at least get something for their taxes, yours goes to an inflated military budget.

their countries aren't spying on their own citizens, their countries can't use facial recognition software to follow and track you, and people call this the land of the free, Freedom is such a buzz word. This country has evolved into a virtual police state.

ironic we won the cold war and are now proceeding to turn this country into the old Soviet Union.

they know what's really important in life

but hey, our GDP's higher than theirs. Let's beat our chests and keep waving that American't flag.

Seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaraz View Post
I would either choose New Zealand, Uruguay or Iceland (although it's nearly impossible to get citizenship if you are American). New Zealand and Iceland are peaceful and Uruguay has great farmland for organic farming.
Didn't they film Lord of the Rings there?

You want to go somewhere where Frodo was getting his hobbit a___ kicked?

Plus, those tattooed face Maroi with their tongues stuck out scare me.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
and just how is that helping the majority of us?

Sweden's GDP is 3/4ths that of the US, funny how I don't know any Swedes with a $2,000 or $4,000 or $6,000 yearly deductible on their health insurance.

funny how no Swede graduates college with $30,000 debt.

or medical school $180,000 in debt.

Gas is high, but then again they have well-built public transportation which they use as an option, and we have half the country derisively calling them "choo choo trains" as a political stunt.

the MYTH of high tax, socialized European state is just that, a myth, they at least get something for their taxes, yours goes to an inflated military budget.

their countries aren't spying on their own citizens, their countries can't use facial recognition software to follow and track you, and people call this the land of the free, Freedom is such a buzz word. This country has evolved into a virtual police state.

ironic we won the cold war and are now proceeding to turn this country into the old Soviet Union.

they know what's really important in life

but hey, our GDP's higher than theirs. Let's beat our chests and keep waving that American't flag.

Seriously?

So true. I always get a laugh out of the whole "America is more free...", or "greatest", blah blah.

Sit back and think about the fact that the US was the ONLY developed nation that recently in historical time frames banned its citizens from purchasing a glass of wine in a restaurant. Think about freedom, and all the other crap we are taught, then think about a govt banning things from its people. We are banned from taking a whim trip to Cuba. Why aren't Americans angry about this? Because they are fed a bunch of crap all their lives about this being the greatest nation. It isn't, and not by a long shot.

This country is full of fascist leaning right wing religious types that love to dictate what everyone else should do.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
We are banned from taking a whim trip to Cuba. Why aren't Americans angry about this? Because they are fed a bunch of crap all their lives about this being the greatest nation. It isn't, and not by a long shot.
Lol, its just Cuba.
who cares....?

good example of the negative attitude of so many Americans

Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol, its just Cuba.
who cares....?

Doesn't matter where it is, the fact is the govt has made it illegal for me to travel there. Is that what you call "freedom"?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:56 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Doesn't matter where it is, the fact is the govt has made it illegal for me to travel there. Is that what you call "freedom"?
It doesn't really effect my daily life to the point to where i would want to move though.
and if i really wanted to go i can just go with a travel group.

i don't see the point in over-exaggerating these minor issues.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:50 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,054,859 times
I love my country, but if I could I'd live in either Canada, UK, or New Zealand.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:10 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol, its just Cuba.
who cares....?

if it's "just" Cuba then why can't we travel there.

OMG, like even Canadians can travel there!, are they being secretly indoctrinated into communist thought while sipping daiquiris on the beach?

here's a little fun fact for you: the infant mortality rate is WORSE in the US than in Cuba, WORSE. Do you get that? How embarrassing. It's a 3rd world, communist island country, and our infant mortality is worse than theirs.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:

OMG, like even Canadians can travel there!, are they being secretly indoctrinated into communist thought while sipping daiquiris on the beach?

here's a little fun fact for you: the infant mortality rate is WORSE in the US than in Cuba, WORSE. Do you get that? How embarrassing. It's a 3rd world, communist island country, and our infant mortality is worse than theirs.
The US is becoming a third world country. It's a slow process, but it's happening.

We will be like Brazil of the mid to late 20th century. A huge dirt poor underclass, small middle class and a very wealthy elite that controls the country.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:32 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
Quote:

Sez who? The Cubans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World