Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 AM

2,421 posts, read 4,318,724 times

Advertisements

I am so sick of the doomsday scenario with the U.S. Even with the Great Recession, we have it much better than about 98% of the countries out there. If anything the U.S. is starting to bounce back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,261,685 times
I have a friend (American expatriate) who has a nice life in Australia. I sometimes wish I had moved there, or to New Zealand, but I think I'm too old now.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:36 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Did you read my post? I cited two trends that are definitely leading us to backward nationhood, and I see no prospect for any of that turning around within the present oligarchic paradigm.

Would you consider it a stupid question if I asked you if you really wanted to see your house burn down, or your car crash or your children die?
Lol, so because China has faster trains that means we are in decline?
Anyways,It's going to take way more than two trends to turn the most powerful nation to a third world nation...

Old 05-19-2013, 11:46 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol, so because China has faster trains that means we are in decline?
Anyways,It's going to take way more than two trends to turn the most powerful nation to a third world nation...
Only one trend is necessary, if it permeates the whole national mindset. What IS the US doing, that will yield benefits for the general public decades in the future, instead of for the wealthiest investors in the next quarterly statement? In fact, what is the US doing AT ALL, that is not driven by a prospect for private capital for the already-rich? Got two tends for me?

The willingness to invest capital and labor in realistic advanced enterprise is widespread in China, and only illustrated by the high speed rail example. A few more examples? Americans are building cars only for their domestic market, in factories owned by foreign interests, while China produces more units than we do, in Chinese-owned plants..

Yes, somewhere in China's future there is a peak, but the US has already reached its own peak, and are now on a downside.

Yes, the US per-capita GDP from 2006-2010 is positive, it is rising (by a laughable 0.07%). But so is everybody else, and the USA ranks 146th, right behind Madagascar. We're slipping fast, from '96-2000, we ranked a much better 71st., but an average of 7 countries a year have passed us up since then. And I bet then, too, you were told we had the healthiest economy in the world, and you gullibly swallowed everything the Media and Wall Steet told you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ta_growth_rate

Last edited by jtur88; 05-19-2013 at 12:05 PM..

Old 05-19-2013, 12:03 PM

Yes we are a developed nation.
A developing nation is going to see alot of gdp growth.

China is doing good, but i see a higher possibility of China going through a recession than America turning into a third world country in our life time

Old 05-19-2013, 12:08 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I see A LOT of Americans vehemently complaining about their country on C-D. Is there another nation you would rather live in?
Nope

Old 05-19-2013, 12:09 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes we are a developed nation.
A developing nation is going to see alot of gdp growth.
Japan and Germany are also developed, but they are are also still developing, with 10% annual growth in biomedical research, while for America's developed wealth, there isn't any available money to do that, because there is some higher priority for US investment -- anybody have any idea what that is?

Old 05-19-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Japan and Germany are also developed, but they are are also still developing, with 10% annual growth in biomedical research, while for America's developed wealth, there isn't any available money to do that, because there is some higher priority for US investment -- anybody have any idea what that is?
What is so special about this biomedical research?

Old 05-19-2013, 12:24 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarisch View Post
I have a friend (American expatriate) who has a nice life in Australia. I sometimes wish I had moved there, or to New Zealand, but I think I'm too old now.

instead of moving to new Zealand , why not move to Oregon or Washington state , similar type vibe and geography - climate

Old 05-19-2013, 12:49 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
i have both US and mexican citizenship. i hate both countries tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World