Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 02:47 PM

27,549 posts, read 28,636,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnCarolinaGrl View Post
It would still be pretty high I would think. I go there at least a couple of times a year, and know quite a few people who do also. That's not including a lot of people who go there for spring break. Mexico is an absolutely beautiful country and there is a lot to do there.
Cancun shouldn't even count. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 11:35 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,890 times
1.- USA
2.- France
3.- Italy
4.- UK
5.- Portugal
6.- Germany
7.- Netherlands
8.- Belgium
9.- Morocco
10.-Andorra

Old 09-12-2014, 11:36 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
why lol omg smh

Old 09-12-2014, 11:52 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
Quote:
If you left out Mexican Americans, I wonder what Mexico's ranking would be.
Quote:
I know what you are saying. Cancun is almost an enclave rather than a true Mexican city. I have a friend from Quitntana Roo wh moved to the States to make money and learn English so he could buy a house and live/work in Cancun.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:27 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,204,523 times
Ireland

Cancun
USA
Canada
Turkey
UAE
Egypt
Australia
New Zealand

Thats all really.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Well here a lot of people visit Cancun but never anywhere else in Mexico so I don't see a point in putting Mexico as a whole.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I think South Africa/Egypt and the Philippines are in the top 10 non-euro destinations for Brits, Thailand and Turkey are for sure.
Thailand!

I don't think so, not to my knowledge.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:38 AM

520 posts, read 1,514,443 times
Despite the "backpacker" stereotype, German tourists overwhelmingly stay in Germany/Europe statistically. For instance, 12,3% of Germans tourists alone spent their summer holidays in Spain and roughly 6% each were on holidays in the German states of Bavaria (mountains, lakes) and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (Baltic Sea resorts) in 2012.

The most popular destination outside of Europe by percent of all German tourists (as of 2012):
1. Turkey (7,4%)
2. USA (3,7%)
3. Far East (China+Thailand+Japan+Korea) (2%)
4. the Carribbean Islands (1,7%)
5. Egypt (1,2%)
6. Rest of Northern Africa + Middle East (2%)
7. Canada (0,8%)
8. Sub-Saharan Africa (0,7%)
9. Australia + New Zealand (0,6%)
10. Mexico (0,4%)

Turkey is a very popular destination for summer holidays (Antalya, Bodrum) and sightseeing (Istanbul, ancient Greek sites etc.). Also, there are a lot of German Turks who visit their relatives, friends etc. in Turkey.

The USA has always been an important destination for Germans for both visiting and emigrating. Furthermore, there are also many U.S. citizens living in Germany who travel back to the US to visit relatives/friends or spend a couple of time back home. Canada has also become quite popular among students, backpackers etc. I guess the most popular places to go in the region are New York City, Southern California, Vancouver and Southern Florida.

The most popular Far East destinations are Thailand (sex/leisure/cultural tourists, Thai expatriates etc.) and China/Japan (mostly business or cultural tourists). The whole region is not that common as a tourist destination and seen as something quite exotic, though.

Australia and New Zealand (to a lesser extent) are currently THE places to go for many young German backpackers/students/adventurers and possibly more popular destinations than the 0,6% number suggests. There are at least 6 persons from my High school graduating year alone who spent a year working, partying and travelling through Australia after they had finished school. There must be a significant young German presence in many Australian pubs during some time of the year!

The Carribbean Islands are mostly popular for sex tourism, so it's mostly weird old geezers (Punta Cana/Dominican Republic) or their female counterparts (Jamaica, Bahamas) going there.

I guess most German tourists visiting (Sub-Saharan) Africa go to Namibia/South Africa (cultural tourists, adventurers) or Kenya (safari, sex tourism).

Source (German):
Urlaubspläne : Das sind die beliebtesten Reiseziele der Deutschen - Nachrichten Reise - DIE WELT

Old 09-13-2014, 10:27 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Thailand!

I don't think so, not to my knowledge.
Met so many of them in Phuket and the nightlife area's of Bangkok.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:39 AM

826 posts, read 864,415 times
From Brazil:

1 - USA

2 - Argentina

3 - Uruguay

4 - Chile

5 - Paraguay

Others:
Mexico
Canada
Australia
China
Japan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World