Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Continents where it is Bigger
Europe 13 34.21%
The Americas (including the U.S.) 12 31.58%
Asia 13 34.21%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:57 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
Ariete, why do you think Finland is a "small and insignificant" country?
Maybe not a player like Germany or France, but it's regarded as a country with very educated people and high technology. Your country is exemplar, even other europeans recognise this.
Well, that's the problem. Foreigners who do business with Finns probably all agree on a few things; we are hard working, strict, honest, reliable and competent. Yes, we have a superior education system which is copied, and generally an intelligent and educated people. The thing is that the low familiarity in the world of what we really are and the totally unrealistic stereotypes of a small country which has endured hardships and risen from rags to riches isn't really true, as we living here know the truth. I won't say utopian, but I say many have a romanticised idea of Finland. Sweden and Norway are doing way better than we are, coming from the exact same starting point.

And we lost our AAA credit rating as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 01:54 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well, that's the problem. Foreigners who do business with Finns probably all agree on a few things; we are hard working, strict, honest, reliable and competent. Yes, we have a superior education system which is copied, and generally an intelligent and educated people. The thing is that the low familiarity in the world of what we really are and the totally unrealistic stereotypes of a small country which has endured hardships and risen from rags to riches isn't really true, as we living here know the truth. I won't say utopian, but I say many have a romanticised idea of Finland. Sweden and Norway are doing way better than we are, coming from the exact same starting point.

And we lost our AAA credit rating as well.
Jaja very funny
You should also watch this video
Ps.nobody is perfect not even countries considered "beautiful are perfect like Canada,Peru,China,Argentina,mexico,England,Ireland ,Norway,Australia,Costa Rica,japan and South Korea
That's a lot of countries considered beautiful but nobody is perfect.no matter what.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cxi75Yv65hk

Old 11-24-2014, 02:01 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
I think America is sincerely loved by some Asian countries, especially Southeast Asian countries.
Japan and South Korea have mixed feelings, but generally positive.
China has some people who are extremely anti-American, but also a lot of worshipers.

Last edited by Bettafish; 11-24-2014 at 02:38 PM..

Old 11-24-2014, 02:26 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I think America is sincerely loved by some Asian countries, especially Southeast Asian countries.
Japan and South Korea have mixed feelings, but generally positive.
China have some people who are extremely anti-American, but also a lot of worshipers.
I think you're more likely to find people who are vocally pissed off at the US in countries that are US military allies. Chinese seem more indifferent. Whereas there are some truly pissed off people in South Korea and Japan. North Korea doesn't count.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:20 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
another anti-American thread?

sheesh.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:06 PM

Calm down men geez

Old 11-27-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
I think you're more likely to find people who are vocally pissed off at the US in countries that are US military allies. Chinese seem more indifferent. Whereas there are some truly pissed off people in South Korea and Japan. North Korea doesn't count.
What do you think of God

Old 11-27-2014, 05:47 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
There are a lot of Americans that don't drink the Kool Aid our gov't pours out. I love America and have long roots here (to 1650s English Virginia) but our gov't does a lot of needless garbage to other countries that is unneeded and fruitless.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:48 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
What do you think of God
I am not religious.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
I am not religious.
Oh ok finally a person I was expecting thank you (no offense)I don't mind religious people but when they take it to a extreme level It really bothers
By the way what do you think of gun crime in the us compared to other countries
Brazil has a higher rate of shootings for sure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World