Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 09:30 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,720,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Um, no. Obviously countries have a right to enforce their borders. It would not be morally right to refuse to allow countries to have any semblance of sovereignty and national identity.
That's very me vs them thinking which just causes conflict in the long run. We are all human beings sharing this planet together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 09:31 AM

264 posts, read 272,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Obviously with no passports or borders, you'd have to do away with welfare at the national level. I'd however be in favour of a global welfare system even if it would mean less to go around for everyone. It's better than have some people with almost everything and some with almost nothing.
And we can all gambol together in in sunlit green meadows beneath the marshmallow trees that grow beside streams of chocolate, watching elves making rainbows out of babie's laughter and riding unicorns.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:37 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,354,096 times
Quote:
That's very me vs them thinking which just causes conflict in the long run. We are all human beings sharing this planet together.
Then why don't you give all your money away to the poor, promise not to procreate, give away all belongings, never take another vacation, and let 20 homeless sleep in your house. Otherwise you are a hypocrite and not "sharing" with the world.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:43 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,908,534 times
Quote:
I think we should all have open borders and do away with passports and visas. I don't think it's right to restrict people where they can travel and live. We all live on one planet and we're all human beings.

If you say so it does appear that you have some land available in Vancouver to build you a nice sized shanty town. What the heck who needs Stanley Park just cut those pesky trees down. BTW I don't oppose legal immigration in general I just find the notion of no borders especially this day in age absurd.

vancouver stanley parks - Bing Images

Last edited by AFP; 06-08-2015 at 10:04 AM..

Old 06-08-2015, 09:47 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,354,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
If you say so it does appear that you have some land available in Vancouver to build you a nice sized shanty town. What the heck who needs Stanley Park just cut those pesky trees down.

Exactly. Very "selfish" for Vancouver to preserve Stanley Park. Give it to the world's poor.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:05 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times
Quote:
Exactly. Very "selfish" for Vancouver to preserve Stanley Park. Give it to the world's poor.
Lol give Deneb a break. He just wants to be able to live in the U.S. (specifically Hawaii or south Florida for the climate) without having to go through the immigration hurdle or language barrier

Old 06-08-2015, 10:26 AM

27,597 posts, read 28,706,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Yes.
So then I'd like to know what all of those 147 countries are. :-)

Old 06-08-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonNI View Post
And we can all gambol together in in sunlit green meadows beneath the marshmallow trees that grow beside streams of chocolate, watching elves making rainbows out of babie's laughter and riding unicorns.
I never said it's going to happen since human nature with its selfish motives will prevent it. It's just unfortunate that it will be our downfall and we'll self destruct as a species.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Then why don't you give all your money away to the poor, promise not to procreate, give away all belongings, never take another vacation, and let 20 homeless sleep in your house. Otherwise you are a hypocrite and not "sharing" with the world.
I do give money to charity and I'm not planning on having any children. So I feel like I'm doing something at least.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
If you say so it does appear that you have some land available in Vancouver to build you a nice sized shanty town. What the heck who needs Stanley Park just cut those pesky trees down. BTW I don't oppose legal immigration in general I just find the notion of no borders especially this day in age absurd.

There are already homeless people living in Stanley Park. I'd be fine if they set up camp somewhere on the north shore too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World