Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2015, 04:41 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,490,837 times

Advertisements

I am fine living here, things can be better but that happens everywhere in every single country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 04:52 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,721,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Unless you have gay relatives or friends. My point is that Australia is still an unequal society in that regard and therefore not the same as Canada.

However, in a few years this will change in Australia so in a way my point is me playing the devils advocate
Sydney has one of the most famous gay pride parades in the world. There is a relatively large openly gay community there. I'm sure none of my gay friends here would have any issue with visiting Australia. No 2 countries are identical but Australia in many ways is the closest to being Canada's twin out there with the benefit for me anyway of having better weather.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:01 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,435,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Sydney has one of the most famous gay pride parades in the world. There is a relatively large openly gay community there. I'm sure none of my gay friends here would have any issue with visiting Australia. No 2 countries are identical but Australia in many ways is the closest to being Canada's twin out there with the benefit for me anyway of having better weather.
Canada has same-sex marriage, Australia does not.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:23 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,721,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Canada has same-sex marriage, Australia does not.
I'm sure it will in a few years. As I said, it's not a dealbreaker for me in terms of not wanting to be an Australian.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:41 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,099,188 times
American...America is okay. If I could I'd live in Chile or Argentina from at least November through March.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:04 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,195,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I support euthanasia, I would be happier with Taiwan if we had that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
What I know about you is that you have some kind of illness, you are severely depressed, you are practically isolated in your home and you are very unhappy. All this you have told us already. And you like spaghetti with potatoes.

So what is it? I'm interested, so why not tell? You can send a private message if you don't want to tell it publicly.
edit : ... nevermind everything i say. sorry.

Last edited by Eden Morlevent; 11-21-2015 at 06:18 PM..

Old 11-21-2015, 08:39 PM

919 posts, read 841,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Euthanasia would be a strong predictor of a country's general posture on personal liberty and common sense legislation. So, although not important by itself, a country that allowed it would very likely be a good place to live in general respects.

Similarly, I don't drink, so it has no direct personal relevance to me, but I would use a country's drinking laws and minimum age for drinking as a litmus test for personal liberty and social maturity. I am not contemplating homicide (at the moment) but a country with capital punishment is waving a red flag at me.
I drink but I don't think drinking alcohol should be permitted by law. That's why I think Islamic world is more mature than the rest of the world in this regard.

Why do cigarettes and alcohol exist when they cause more harm than good?
They exist because they are addictive and people make money of them. When cigarettes were introduced, it was not known that they are harmful.

Alcohol exists because it is addictive, intoxicating and gives you a good time in moderation. You need to losen up, once in a while. Don't you?

Oh, I am happy with Japan overall.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:06 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,045,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
I drink but I don't think drinking alcohol should be permitted by law. That's why I think Islamic world is more mature than the rest of the world in this regard.

Why do cigarettes and alcohol exist when they cause more harm than good?
They exist because they are addictive and people make money of them. When cigarettes were introduced, it was not known that they are harmful.

Alcohol exists because it is addictive, intoxicating and gives you a good time in moderation. You need to losen up, once in a while. Don't you?
Oh, I am happy with Japan overall.
You are basically talking of taking away peoples freedoms here, freedom is what the 'West' will fight for and has been fighting for for centuries.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:29 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,435,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I'm sure it will in a few years. As I said, it's not a dealbreaker for me in terms of not wanting to be an Australian.
I never really noticed a gay culture when I lived in Sydney. It also just strikes me as odd that New Zealand supports it but Australia doesn't.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:42 AM

919 posts, read 841,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You are basically talking of taking away peoples freedoms here, freedom is what the 'West' will fight for and has been fighting for for centuries.
Depends.

I saw many Europeans are not against gun control for example.

Yes, Guns Kill More Americans Than Terrorists Do.

But we should know 6 Things That Kill More People Than Guns
  • 1. Cars
  • 2. Alcohol
  • 3. Tobacco
  • 4. Medical Malpractice
  • 5. Obesity
  • 6. Governmen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World