Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Madrid or San Francisco
Madrid 40 66.67%
San Francisco 20 33.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 08:14 PM

504 posts, read 598,637 times

Advertisements

Which city is more vibrant and has better night-life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 10:00 PM

412 posts, read 509,903 times
Madrid is much more vibrant and has a much better nightlife.

I still prefer SF though.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:34 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
I prefer San Fran.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:03 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,676 times
I liked Madrid, but I will never prefer a city without water / ocean access when I could choose a city with direct ocean access.

For me, Madrid offers a good night life (well, haven't been into nightlife for many years actually, but I when I was younger). Also, it offers affordable nightlife and party for everyone. Just having a couple of drinks and quick snack here and there won't ruin your budget, while I feel in SFO everything is much more about having $$$ or not when it comes to finding good locations.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:32 AM

61 posts, read 54,250 times
SF has its unique personality, but Madrid wins when it comes to nightlife by a lot! (I can't really think of a city in the US that can compete with Madrid's nightlife. Perhaps NYC and I still think Madrid wins.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:29 AM

37,155 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
Which city is more vibrant and has better night-life?
Madrid is much more vibrant and has more varied nightlife which often go on much longer into the night. On these two categories, San Francisco does not compare very well with most cities of its stature/size.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:54 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
After 5 minutes walking from my hotel at Plaza Mayor late at night you instantly know the answer. People in Madrid go out. They are far more inclined to enjoy the evening/night outside vs North Americans. The nightlife and streetlife in Madrid is on multiple levels above S.F.. Madrid punches well above its weight in this regard. S.F is in N.A and generally speaking we are sedate when it comes to Nightlife vs Europe and Madrid is one of the Euro heavyweights for nightlife and streetlife in general. Madrid is truly one of the greatest cities in the world.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:08 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,957 times
San Francisco is more vibrant thanks to St. Andreas's fault.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:34 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,299,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
After 5 minutes walking from my hotel at Plaza Mayor late at night you instantly know the answer. People in Madrid go out. They are far more inclined to enjoy the evening/night outside vs North Americans. The nightlife and streetlife in Madrid is on multiple levels above S.F.. Madrid punches well above its weight in this regard. S.F is in N.A and generally speaking we are sedate when it comes to Nightlife vs Europe and Madrid is one of the Euro heavyweights for nightlife and streetlife in general. Madrid is truly one of the greatest cities in the world.
Indeed. Madrid, much like Barcelona, is a city with few weaknesses. It's regarded by many as the most dynamic & fun city in Europe and for a good reason. A grand capital, super-vibrant, phenomenal infrastructure (probably the best of any city in Europe), world-class museums, outstanding nightlife/dining/shopping, and a culture of being outside and having fun... it's really a total package.

SF may be more globally important by some measures due to its economy and proximity to Silicon Valley, but as a city it's simply not in the same weight class. Madrid to NY is a more even match-up IMO than Madrid to SF.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:12 PM

210 posts, read 200,330 times
Night life-wise probably Madrid. Now as a as employment SF is a much more powerful and attractive city than Madrid, and by far. Spanish economy is really lagging behind with a chronic, sky-high unemployment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World