Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 11:39 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
I think Americans need to allow Canadians to keep their notion of superiority to the US today.
Just keep in mind a -----> don't "Mess with Canada" or expect a defense that always is going to be in responses that could begin with .... "how dare you"

Also to any response on a city of Toronto. Its skyrocketing growth as the replacement of Montréal as Canada's Première city (Which is a chapter in its history) Toronto needs to be seen for the exponentially rise in NA and world it PROCLAIMES. Toronto's rise cannot or should not be less then a iconic increase or downplayed. If it comes from a American? They will get the fake guns out and go for your jugular.

It is clear here on Toronto brought in and just respond with a ---> Not YET a NYC. But surely leave that possibility open. Also NEVER give any hint Canada is not superior politically, socially and racially.
What is your thing with Canada here? Did you even look at the Data that that poster provided and check the veracity of his claims that Canada has the second highest debt to GDP in the world? His own linked proved that wasn't the case if he or even you looked at the data which you probably didn't because it just doesn't fall in line with his or your own narrative. It is increasingly becoming harder to take you seriously. Your animus towards Canada and Toronto is on full display with this post. I'm sorry but making claims while at the same time in the very same post providing data that proves your claims are incorrect just blows credibility to smithereens.

As for my post in another thread - I don't think anything I said about Toronto or Chicago was untrue or unfounded whatsoever. I know you have an affinity for Chicago but the truth is you just don't like to hear things that apparently make sense and even something that is demonstrably true you don't like! It rubs you the wrong way - just admit it! I thought I was quite honest and balanced about things but apparently unless one isn't denigrating or dismissing Toronto and Canada it simply won't cut it. One thing I will say is if you even begin to think that your strategy is going to curb my posts think again!

Last edited by fusion2; 05-04-2017 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 07:44 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
I think Americans need to allow Canadians to keep their notion of superiority to the US today.
Just keep in mind a -----> don't "Mess with Canada" or expect a defense that always is going to be in responses that could begin with .... "how dare you"

Also to any response on a city of Toronto. Its skyrocketing growth as the replacement of Montréal as Canada's Première city (Which is a chapter in its history) Toronto needs to be seen for the exponentially rise in NA and world it PROCLAIMES. Toronto's rise cannot or should not be less then a iconic increase or downplayed. If it comes from a American? They will get the fake guns out and go for your jugular.

It is clear here on Toronto brought in and just respond with a ---> Not YET a NYC. But surely leave that possibility open. Also NEVER give any hint Canada is not superior politically, socially and racially.
Regardless, none of this takes away from the fact that it's dumb to bring up a slag (especially when the info is wrong) about Canada's debt ratio in a discussion about a "capital of the world". Of course, the "capital of the world" discussion is arguably dumb to begin with, although we're all having fun with it, aren't we?

Old 05-05-2017, 08:41 AM

27,570 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliberately View Post
If you're in Asia, HONG KONG will be the huge city influencing you.

If you're in Africa and Europe, then LONDON will be that city.

If you're in North or South America, then for sure NEW YORK CITY it's the city you're influenced by.
But the whole world has become kind of Americanized at this point (somewhat unfortunately), don't you think?

Old 05-05-2017, 08:44 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Would need rotating capitals among the great world cities. NYC, London, Tokyo, Delhi, Paris, Sau Paulo, Moscow, Istanbul, Singapore, etc.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:11 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,222,937 times
Quote:
They kind of are socially & politically superior to us though, you have to admit.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
They kind of are socially & politically superior to us though, you have to admit.
I have a lot of cool American friends and even family so I tend to separate the politics from the people. There are a lot of cool, reasonable and intelligent Americans on this forum - yourself included

Old 05-05-2017, 04:58 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,222,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I have a lot of cool American friends and even family so I tend to separate the politics from the people. There are a lot of cool, reasonable and intelligent Americans on this forum - yourself included
Thanks dude. Likewise!

As for the bolded, a lot of us Americans should probably try to do the same more often. Myself included. It's hard though in our current political climate. Everyone always wants to talk about politics lately it seems. It's inescapable. Even here on CD.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
Thanks dude. Likewise!

As for the bolded, a lot of us Americans should probably try to do the same more often. Myself included. It's hard though in our current political climate. Everyone always wants to talk about politics lately it seems. It's inescapable. Even here on CD.
Thanks

It is a tough situation the majority of Americans have inherited but the key here is the majority of Americans don't want or don't support this and it won't last forever. In any event, you live in the shining city on the hill in your country and as best an example of the capital city of the world - so it could be worse

Old 05-05-2017, 06:38 PM

1,147 posts, read 718,489 times
Toronto will never be considered the world capital, but it's more international-minded than any American city bar New York.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:01 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,245,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
Toronto will never be considered the world capital, but it's more international-minded than any American city bar New York.
I hope things remain civil. But it's true that American cities have little interest in besting 1000 year old European cities or massively building Asian cities.

Only NYC is a city that can battle the rest of the world in GDP and density. (though some US metros do make inroads). I've read many times a Canadian city as Toronto strives more to European standards or Asian. It may or may not claim a NYC standard too? But it remains perhaps still culturally more American-like? But may be changing as some in their forums declare more a UK one?

Asian cities no doubt will rise. But the US will still have many mid-sized cities by world standards that may gain densities. But never get close to NYC's or the worlds cities. CAPITAL OF THE WORLD is a high bar. Only a hand full of cities could be considered. Only one is in the US. I won't speak for neighboring nations with aspirations for their key city.

Capital of the World again -- should be in the World forum for more intentional visitors to the thread for input. As perhaps yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World