Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 12:04 PM

278 posts, read 231,238 times

Advertisements

There are some classic romantic cities like Venice .
Rome ,New York,London etc For so many romantic movie stories of cinema in this cities.-

Or beatiful cities unversity where you would have wanted to be a student like Oxford,Salamanca,Haidelberg.- etc etc

Or precious cities linked to an event like the festival of Salzburg .-

My memories unforgettable are of Granada from the Festivals of music and dance in Granada .Those unforgettable starry nights of the Alhambra.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 02:01 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,689,129 times
Venise for 2/3 days max, without the crowd is the most romantic city IMO, and very very human size...
Else it's between Roma and Paris...

But IMO, a good restaurant, nice mild weather, nice hotel and you have something romantic...I can have a romantic night everywhere, even in Fontenay le Compte, lost in Vendée haha!
Actually my most romantic night was there, lost in the countryside, in the middle of nowhere, walking near the river after an amazing restaurant

Old 06-10-2017, 02:05 PM

27,649 posts, read 28,745,041 times
Paris and Venice

Nothing compares.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:32 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,889,473 times
Not sure if they are big enough to consider city.

Santorini and Positano

Old 06-11-2017, 03:57 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,536,219 times
Big City(Tie)-Istanbul
It really feels like a place where east meets west. Beautiful setting with some of the worlds most amazing architecture. Great people with some of the most fascinating history of any city on earth. Walking through the Grand Bazaar is enough to keep you busy for an entire day, if not more. Cats hanging out like they own the place. Despite the fact Turkey seems to be moving in the wrong direction, I'd love to go back and stay for a while.

Saint Petersburg
The White Nights are surreal. Saint Petersburg is probably the most beautiful city I've been too. The often horrible weather and tragic history just make it that more romantic. The historic center is fairly compact and very easy to navigate. The Venice of the north(more beautiful in my opinion) but far less touristy.

Small City-Bukhara
Still very underrated by western tourists(some of that might be due to visa policy but hopefully the new regime will relax the restrictions). This is what pops in mind when people think of the Silk Road. Some of the warmest people I've met and they still are amazed to meet tourists from America. Some parts of town haven't changed for centuries.

Runner up
Budapest-Very cool Art Nouveau architecture and a really laid-back vibe. The Danube might be at it's most beautiful here and the bath culture is something I could get used to.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:09 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,337,314 times
While all the places named here are nice, I would not consider any city as romantic. Rather the abundance of a city - sunset on a beach, sound of the sea, beauty of nature.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:56 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,304,653 times
Prague.

Paris is ok if you find long metro rides romantic.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:14 PM

779 posts, read 597,397 times
Venice in December.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:21 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,689,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Prague.

Paris is ok if you find long metro rides romantic.
Or, or you hang out in the night only in a specific neighborhood, like Saint Germain des Prés/Luxembourg, le Marais, Cité/Saint-Louis, Vendome/Opéra/Condorde, Quartier Latin...

Old 06-11-2017, 03:05 PM

278 posts, read 231,238 times
Dakota Douglas ,.

A terrace next to the Sea in a beautiful place is always romantic .But I think of an exceptionally romantic place.

It is a great luck that Granada is not as saturated with tourists as Venice or Florence,.

I recommend to you a trip there in the month of June ,.

A view from the Alhambra since a Carmen of the Albaycin (According to President Clinton the best he had ever seen)with its flowing water fountains between its flowers of exciting odor and their unique red sunsets and their starry nights for strolling,.,.

And even best if you could take a walk through the Alhambra.-

And many times with a music of guitar at a time.--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World