Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:51 PM

215 posts, read 211,061 times

Advertisements

Okay y'all here's the story,I couldn't decide whether to pit my hometown (San Antonio,TX) against either Vancouver,BC or London,UK so I'll let the posters pick which one to choose from.You can compare whatever you feel is relevant like weather,nightlife,etc.One rule,keep it clean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 10:12 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
San Antone gets my vote

Old 04-27-2018, 10:53 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,825,424 times
Vancouver B.C.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:16 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Vancouver, BC

Old 04-28-2018, 06:29 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,226,750 times
Vancouver, BC

Old 04-28-2018, 06:47 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,241,799 times
I get a kick out of Texans sill say it's San Antonio, Canadians will say Vancouver .... and yet we have them pitted against the WORLD'S TOP International Global city. The only loss London might have is less sunny skies and less Natural varied topography and not filled with generic high-rises though modern ...... or claimed to sprawl more suburban.

All else but for homerism of State and Nation should give London UK the overall win. Preferences merely noted for individual taste and the job sector one is looking for. All will have degrees f nightlife as large enough cities. London, UK has its own tech choices even.....

If a major Job offer has one choose a city? If young ..... why not want to try out a Historic internationally invested in key city of the world? Not many will get that choice on life .....

Old 04-28-2018, 07:06 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
I get a kick out of Texans sill say it's San Antonio, Canadians will say Vancouver .... and yet we have them pitted against the WORLD'S TOP International Global city. The only loss London might have is less sunny skies and less Natural varied topography and not filled with generic high-rises though modern ...... or claimed to sprawl more suburban.

All else but for homerism of State and Nation should give London UK the overall win. Preferences merely noted for individual taste and the job sector one is looking for. All will have degrees f nightlife as large enough cities. London, UK has its own tech choices even.....

If a major Job offer has one choose a city? If young ..... why not want to try out a Historic internationally invested in key city of the world? Not many will get that choice on life .....
Unless they’re paying me a boatload of money ...$500K a year plus
I would decline any job offer in London, England....
Vancouver is expensive .....but London is on a totally other level....super expensive city.
Also a crowded and very large city....too large for even me, no thanks.
Visit yes....live no.
And it doesn’t have what Vancouver has, pristine nature, wilderness, at your doorstep.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:21 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,226,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post

That’s right! Because I think Canada is the best country on earth! I love London, by the way, but I would never want to live there, and I have absolutely no desire to live anywhere in the USA! Visiting the States is pretty great though.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:21 AM

7,777 posts, read 10,160,922 times
I'm going with London. And I've never even been!! lol, but it is a top tier global city and certainly in the top 5 for me despite never having set foot there.

Vancouver is my second choice...it suits me better as a city along with having lots of family there as well. No offense to San Antonio, it seemed nice enough when I visited but nothing to put it in the same global conversation.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:40 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,241,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
That’s right! Because I think Canada is the best country on earth! I love London, by the way, but I would never want to live there, and I have absolutely no desire to live anywhere in the USA! Visiting the States is pretty great though.
Glad my post was understood. Again, if overall Greatness, Global and Historical level .... one has to go on no criteria to go by but weather and nightlife. Vancouver isn't the sunniest city here either. Nor was COL mentioned. But clearly each is given a HIGH COL nod.....

Still if for a job offer and young? A chance to live abroad in a city as London for just a year or two? Is a clear choice. The OP needs to give more reasons for suggesting a choice? Also will a non-NA city in the mix be allowed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World