Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 05:48 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I don't know where that lie comes from, but it's well known that the would be hijackers were in the US prior to the attacks. I don't remember Canada ever taking the blame for that. In fact, it was praised for taking on all the additional traffic on 9/11.
Well known to people with brains, not so well known to a lot of others.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...n_insists.html

McCain defends Napolitano, insists 9/11 perpetrators came from Canada | CBC News

https://www.ctvnews.ca/u-s-security-...order-1.391570

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...ticle21372520/

It got so bad that the Canadian Federal Government sent an official request to the US to stop with the lie since it was coming from elected officials. Astounding in many respects.

I guess it just didn't make news outside of Canada...especially in the US??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 06:16 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,309,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
That has always taken forever because people live there and work here. The times were more variable though and sometimes, you could do it in a half hour. Now, 1 1/2 hours is the norm with 2 hours or more at times.
Half an hour is pretty fast when we have so much traffic going through an International border during peak hours. Compared to 2 or more hours today.

Though southbound traffic delays rarely exceed half an hour even during peak hours. Even though foot and bus passengers all need passports and luggage search since 2015. And vehicles are more likely to be stopped for questioning as well.

Interestingly it appears every hours long line scenario generated by 9/11 whether its at land border crossings or at airports have mostly since disappeared as time wore on. Canadian/US border wait times rarely exceed half an hour these days and airport checkpoint lines both TSA and Immigration no longer snake all the way to the parking garage or to the apron of arriving foreign planes as it did during the months following 9/11 when I remember how people were warned to arrive 2 hours prior to domestic and 3 hours prior to International flights. But Northbound traffic delays from the Mexican border is one big exception to the return to normalcy. Not just at Tijuana/San Ysidro either but at virtually any northbound crossing from Mexico. Based on google map images. I wonder why?

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 05-01-2018 at 06:28 PM..

Old 05-04-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I don't know where that lie comes from, but it's well known that the would be hijackers were in the US prior to the attacks. I don't remember Canada ever taking the blame for that. In fact, it was praised for taking on all the additional traffic on 9/11.
Too late to edit my last post on this subject, but I also wanted to add that not only was Canada blamed ( which is absolutely crazy since Canada doesn't control who gets into the US ) but Canada wasn't praised until much later.

In fact, Bush's speech named numerous countries and never mentioned Canada. The reason his speech writers give, is pathetic. I was on the phone talking to a friend in LA and I mentioned that it was odd that Bush hadn't thanked Canada. My friends response was an eye opener on how the media can really miss the mark. He said " why should he thank Canada?" I mentioned the 33,000 people who were put up in hotels and peoples homes that were on 228 flights that Canada allowed to land because the US wouldn't. He actually didn't believe me, since in his mind, something like this would of been on their news and he hadn't seen it.

David Frum: Why Bush didn’t mention Canada in his 9/20 speech | National Post

Old 05-10-2018, 09:40 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,289,161 times
As a european who regularly crosses borders in that continent, I can only testify for the increase of border controls, at least for when I go to France.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:48 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,925,286 times
it was just the ignorancy of U.S government to require passport before crossing to U.S. They're goons, period! They should immediately lift the passport nonsense requirement to enter U.S. from either borders just like the good ole days. Terrorists didn't use border crossing on either border to commit terrorism. President Bush was a fool

Old 05-13-2018, 10:30 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
Canadians don't want Hispanic illegals from the US pouring in. That is one of the main reasons we hear from Canadians when opening the border with the US comes up. We only want model minorities. Another big issue is guns, Canadians don't want guns pouring over the border. Canadian culture is also very different from American culture, another fear is losing this unique culture. Canadian cuisine, language, architecture literature and sports is too different, we want to keep all American influence out. Canadians are very secular, all Americans are bible thumpers. All religions are welcome here , the more extreme the better, except Christians of course. keep Americans and Hispanics out. Lets keep Canada welcome for people from all other continents except our own. Tighten the borders!!!!!

Old 05-14-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Canadians don't want Hispanic illegals from the US pouring in. That is one of the main reasons we hear from Canadians when opening the border with the US comes up. We only want model minorities. Another big issue is guns, Canadians don't want guns pouring over the border. Canadian culture is also very different from American culture, another fear is losing this unique culture. Canadian cuisine, language, architecture literature and sports is too different, we want to keep all American influence out. Canadians are very secular, all Americans are bible thumpers. All religions are welcome here , the more extreme the better, except Christians of course. keep Americans and Hispanics out. Lets keep Canada welcome for people from all other continents except our own. Tighten the borders!!!!!

Old 05-14-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post

Everything I wrote has been written in the the Canadian forum before.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Everything I wrote has been written in the the Canadian forum before.
Doesn't mean it's all good.

"we want to keep all American influence out" ....no. Only the bad things of American influence.

"all Americans are bible thumpers." Oh please. Complete falsehood. Yes, there is more extreme right wing religion influencing American politics, but not all Americans are bible thumpers....but you know that.

"All religions are welcome here , the more extreme the better, except Christians of course. keep Americans and Hispanics out"

False. All religions are welcomed here, but this statement goes totally against your statement about NOT allowing bible thumpers in. There is no movement or even wish to keep Americans or hispanics out. If you quality, you're welcome to come.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Doesn't mean it's all good.

"we want to keep all American influence out" ....no. Only the bad things of American influence.

"all Americans are bible thumpers." Oh please. Complete falsehood. Yes, there is more extreme right wing religion influencing American politics, but not all Americans are bible thumpers....but you know that.

"All religions are welcome here , the more extreme the better, except Christians of course. keep Americans and Hispanics out"

False. All religions are welcomed here, but this statement goes totally against your statement about NOT allowing bible thumpers in. There is no movement or even wish to keep Americans or hispanics out. If you quality, you're welcome to come.
Thanks for proving my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World