Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 11:50 AM

95 posts, read 69,452 times

Advertisements

2 Anglo-saxon countries or 3 Mediterranean countries.-Where you think live better.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 12:45 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Having been to all 5 places, and having lived in at least three of them. I would say the quality of life in Spain, France and Italy is better then the UK and much better then the US.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:58 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidio View Post
2 Anglo-saxon countries or 3 Mediterranean countries.-Where you think live better.-
To make money?
Retire?
Have a normal rather modest life as a family?

? That's pretty different...

Make money well USA first then UK, France, Italy, Spain..
Retire, USA (California, Florida. ..), Spain, Italy, Fr, and if you like sun, far away UK...
Have a normal life without a huge bank account as a family, France, Spain, UK, Italy, honestly no idea about USA..

That's my opinion only of course
IMO UK and France are balanced, I hardly know USA...

Last edited by Pokitobounto; 07-11-2019 at 01:59 PM..

Old 07-11-2019, 03:28 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidio View Post
For a balanced work and life combination, it's Spain, France, Italy, UK, and USA. For making money, it's the reverse. The Mediterranean nations live longer due to better food chain, less stress life, and better wine.

I used to think I would prefer the life in Spain or France but after living in Spain awhile and observing them, I prefer the USA system as you make a lot more and have much more opportunity...no way I could obtain my lifestyle in the Mediterranean countries.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:44 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
I ll add that it's hardly possible to consider France as a Mediterranean country, It is more a crossbreed between UK and Spain/Italy, on many aspects, with pros from both and cons from both. We just added communists unions so everyone will know it's France . Metz Lille Strasbourg Rennes Paris Lyon Bordeaux.. That's not the same mentalities as Montpellier, Marseille, Aix that are considered really 'Mediterranean' in France ... And people well, are more 'relax' (...)

What you meant is probably 'latin' culture countries IMO

You can also check 'money' figures, ofc from our beloved wiki.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...tion_of_wealth
Figures are old but the order of magnitude is more or less the same between countries.
Since you seem to be European, you can check plenty of various statistics on Eurostats website, extremely rich for infos not only economics, that's really great. No USA tho.

You can ask wikiwiki about €€€€€ figures, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millionaire
You ll notice that UK is ahead despite same number of inhabitants than France, and Italy far away despite having a 'not that far away' number of inhabitants than the two above.
I let you compute the number of millionaires per capita for each with a quick look on the gini index, you ll end up with USA, Uk, France, Italy and Spain ..in that order to make money (that's a very strong shortcut but not that that stupid )
Other figures on the page are also in favor of that ranking.

You can mix all of this in a blender and propose us a ranking hehe

Last edited by Pokitobounto; 07-11-2019 at 04:18 PM..

Old 07-11-2019, 03:55 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,309,131 times
I have spent months in the US, UK and Italy and some time in France and Spain.

For me, there would be no choice. UK. London is my favourite city in the world, other than my own. My own quality of life would be highest in the UK.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
I ll add that it's hardly possible to consider France as a Mediterranean country, It is more a crossbreed between UK and Spain/Italy, on many aspects, with pros from both and cons from both. We just added communists unions so everyone will know it's France . Metz Lille Strasbourg Rennes Paris Lyon Bordeaux.. That's not the same mentalities as Montpellier, Marseille, Aix that are considered really 'Mediterranean' in France ... And people well, are more 'relax' (...)

What you meant is probably 'latin' culture countries IMO
Yeah, France is in between northern and southern Europe physically and culturally....pretty nice balance.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:10 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
...and I would add that it's hardly possible to put the US and quality of life in the same sentence...

Old 07-11-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
I have spent months in the US, UK and Italy and some time in France and Spain.

For me, there would be no choice. UK. London is my favourite city in the world, other than my own. My own quality of life would be highest in the UK.
London is special....I spent plenty of time there in the last 2 years during an Arbitration. I will say, that the pace is fast and it's not cheap but yeah, the life is pretty good there.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
...and I would add that it's hardly possible to put the US and quality of life in the same sentence...
How many countries have you lived and worked in?

I have worked and lived in at least 15 countries around the globe and I wouldn't choose to leave the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World