Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 03:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

Food Take out and curb side are very good -on line classes a great idea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 03:39 PM

228 posts, read 367,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Metro Phoenix, AZ USA
Starting March 18, some local shopping stores will open earlier than their normal schedule (5AM-6AM) only for elderly shoppers (65 y/o and older). Not really considered brilliant but small acts can do wonders.

What about your community?
They closed schools, bars, restaurants, shops for a month.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:03 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,727,746 times
Colombia is practically on absolute lockdown until mid-april at least. People are erupting into applause from their windows in honour of their health workers, emergency services, supermarket staff and delivery suppliers.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:09 PM

And can't stress this enough either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Colombia close to having world’s first open source and low-cost respiratory ventilator to ‘beat Covid-19’

A week after Stanford University scientist Daniel Kraft called for a global medical hackathon to create a low-cost and open source ventilator, engineer Mauricio Toro of the Antioquia University [Medellin] announced was putting the final touches on a prototype.

“It’s alive!” Toro said on his “Let’s Beat Covid-19” blog after getting the pneumatic ventilator working on Wednesday.

Old 03-22-2020, 02:54 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
we're also implementing "brilliant corruption" because despite border closing I just saw some blond-non-local looking people with suitcases who could've been Ukrainians or somewhere from the north. I guess for as long as you pay to enter the country the "total shutdown" doesn't apply.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:09 AM

This "gringo colombiano" was nearly arrested for violating the self isolation drill in Cali and foreigners that have also not conformed to self-quarantine rules have been sent packing. i.e. deported.

Colombia deports foreigners for breaking self isolation

20 minutes left till self-isolation drill - this Swiss tourist decides to hunker down in Medellin, Colombia.

Last edited by Pueblofuerte; 03-22-2020 at 04:54 AM..

Old 03-22-2020, 05:41 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post

Good, here in eastern europe foreigners still have the right to do anything, they're immortal immune and have the right to infect anything . Wish the measures were better observed in my country.

Old 03-23-2020, 02:49 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,386,703 times
Italy and Spain are warning examples of what happens if the authorities do not take radical action. Three weeks ago there were also few cases in Italy and it was thought that THIS was not serious. Those countries where the situation is now not yet as extreme as Italy and Spain should at present restrict the movement of people. Excessive liberalism and talks about "freedom" is out of place right now. I have been doing my work as homework since last Monday, but in my country, the measures to control the virus are in general too mild. One grocery store chain here (I also write that name for the whole world to see - Selver) that is considered to be here so called "prestigious" and loved by people who try very much to indent themselves to the upper side of the middle class organizes - imagine - food presentations on these days. Come on, consumers, taste chocolate, cocoa! Stupidity. Ok, at least I hope the absolute majority of consumers do not go along with this stupidity because the aforementioned store was pretty empty. Ok, the long opening hours of the supermarkets are good in themselves, as it allows you to scatter visitors for hours, but organizing such stupid presentations by liberal greedy neo-capitalists (remember my old thread ) is criminal.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:28 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Now approaching total lock down in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky News

People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:
  • Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
  • One form of exercise a day - for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household
  • Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
  • Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home
"You should not be meeting friends. If your friends ask you to meet, you should say no.

"You should not be meeting family members who do not live in your home.

"You should not be going shopping except for essentials like food and medicine - and you should do this as little as you can. And use food delivery services where you can.

"If you don't follow the rules the police will have the powers to enforce them, including through fines and dispersing gatherings."

Mr Johnson added that these measures will come into force immediately:
  • Closing all shops selling non-essential goods,​ including clothing and electronic stores and other premises including libraries, playgrounds and outdoor gyms, and places of worship
  • Stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public - excluding people you live with
  • Stopping all social events​, including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies, but excluding funerals
Coronavirus: PM declares lockdown - Britons only allowed to leave home if essential - Sky News

Old 03-25-2020, 06:28 PM

As a self-employed person, I'm quite anxious about tomorrow and what the UK government package will be for people like me. I've always been taught by my parents to never claim benefits and I only intend to for a short period just to see me through some financial obligations as even though family and I have tried to generate wealth on our own its been tough as a lot of our customer base has been hit hard and isn't consuming. I can do a bit online but really just need a short-term helping hand to top-up and meet my expenses.

It's encouraging that social distancing seems to be working and the numbers that are sadly dying are decreasing. Time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World