Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 12:56 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingwuwang92 View Post
I know a British He's from rural England About 1000 people London Paris Rome Milan Madrid He said he thought London was a very big city But he went to some big cities in China He feels that China's cities are very large Very prosperous He went to Beijing, hangzhou, wuhan, tianjin, Qingdao, nanjing, Shanghai, guangzhou, shenzhen, chongqing, chengdu, Hong Kong
What are. you implying, OP? That's it's a good idea to try to out-breed the rest of humanity, so that you can create the largest, most overwhelming mega-sprawling cities on the planet? I didn't know it was a contest.

Has your friend really thought this through? It doesn't sound like it. Surely, he's aware, that China has well over a billion people to accommodate, quickly heading toward 1-1/2 bill? And they're displacing the rural people at every turn; a new mega-dam project here, another manufacturing center or mining enterprise, there. Formerly somewhat self-sufficient farmers get assigned to shoddy, new apartment blocs in the city, to become fodder for the manufacturing sector's ever-growing need for cheap labor. All that glitters is not gold, OP. Glitzy sky-scraper districts are built on others' exploitation and misfortune.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:21 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
This is not what I said Some Westerners live and work in China So they will compare their countries Because this Englishman told me that he saw a lot of things in China that were 10 times bigger, maybe 50 times bigger than Britain But in many things it's cheaper than in the UK Except for houses and cars But in public transportation, food and daily necessities Usually significantly cheaper than in Europe In China, mobile phone protection shell only costs US $1.2 If shipped to the United States It may cost between $20 and $40
It is precisely what your thread title says.

Old 06-08-2020, 05:29 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
usually in china we talk about european countries usually germany first britain second france third italy fourth germany's manufacturing industry is very strong britain is the financial center of europe spain i only know real madrid and barcelona:smack: the french are more arrogant they think they are the best in europe ...italy..... It's not just europe that likes to laugh at italians. In east asia, we also like to laugh at italians..... Let me talk about poland i don't know why some ****** thinks they are central european countries i think many chinese have a complex about eastern european countries soviet union eastern europe in the soviet era in fact, it's better than china at that time but if it's now i really feel behind like the biggest cities in poland and ukraine equivalent to no60-80 cities in china :认为:
你可以打一下標點符號嗎?都沒有標 符號看了很煩。

Old 06-08-2020, 06:26 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Quote:
think many Chinese have a complex about Eastern European countries Soviet Union Eastern Europe in the Soviet era In fact, it's better than China at that time But if it's now I really feel behind Like the biggest cities in Poland and Ukraine Equivalent to NO60-80 cities in China :认为:

This is an absurd cherry-picking. Let's compare the best performing communist/eastern european cities vs the best in mainland China:

In Estonia, Talinn for example just googled average salary of a little under 1500 eur/month in 2020 vs 8500 Yuans/around 1200 USD or some 1000 euros in Beijing, China. So Estonia gets 50% more and in Slovenia it's nearly 2000 euros + no polution and no one eats dogs and there's total freedom of speech. You get very similar picture in Prague, Czechia or Bratislava.

You can't seriously focus on Russian colonies like Ukraine or Poland only.

Plus you can't say "in East Asia we..." since Japan for example is different as is North Korea and South Korea.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:37 AM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
This is an absurd cherry-picking. Let's compare the best performing communist/eastern european cities vs the best in mainland China:

In Estonia, Talinn for example just googled average salary of a little under 1500 eur/month in 2020 vs 8500 Yuans/around 1200 USD or some 1000 euros in Beijing, China. So Estonia gets 50% more and in Slovenia it's nearly 2000 euros + no polution and no one eats dogs and there's total freedom of speech. You get very similar picture in Prague, Czechia or Bratislava.

Plus you can't say "in East Asia we..." since Japan for example is different as is North Korea and South Korea.
Don't know much about Ukraine, but Poland doesn't seem to be a Russian colony at all. Poland's HDI is pretty close to Estonia's and better than China or Ukraine's.

Also, a very, very small proportion of people eat dogs in China and even among them that's been on a downward trend.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:25 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Don't know much about Ukraine, but Poland doesn't seem to be a Russian colony at all. Poland's HDI is pretty close to Estonia's and better than China or Ukraine's.

Also, a very, very small proportion of people eat dogs in China and even among them that's been on a downward trend.

They eat 50k/day I get it they have over billion people but still and that's what I said: Poland isn't russian colony but Ukraine actually eastern Ukraine is.

If we talk about high moral in east Asia: it doesn't get better than Japan, followed by Korea - China is still bigger version of Mongolia, owing mostly everything to their huge population.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:41 AM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
They eat 50k/day I get it they have over billion people but still and that's what I said: Poland isn't russian colony but Ukraine actually eastern Ukraine is.

If we talk about high moral in east Asia: it doesn't get better than Japan, followed by Korea - China is still bigger version of Mongolia, owing mostly everything to their huge population.
I see. Your post specifically said "You can't seriously focus on Russian colonies like Ukraine or Poland only." which would usually mean that you're saying Poland is also a Russian colony, but thanks for clarifying that you did not intend to say that.

China and Mongolia are very different overall culturally and demographically, including Mongolians within China, so I don't know what you mean by that. Mongolians also don't eat dog meat. China has regions with very different customs from each other even among Han Chinese including many regions where eating dogs is not a thing. From what I gather, dog consumption is seen in specific parts of the far south and parts of the northeast, ironically, in former Manchuria which is ironic because the Manchus were pretty much religiously against dog consumption and despised the neighboring Korean peoples for doing so. However, even in those regions, dog meat consumption is rare.

Out of the six countries that make up East Asia, three of them are generally thought of as highly developed. They are Japan which does not have dog consumption, South Korea where there is a small but noted amount of dog consumption, and Taiwan which does not have dog consumption and has the most stringent animal welfare laws in East Asia. Not sure about measuring morality overall, but I wanted to clear things up on dog meat consumption specifically which you mentioned.

Old 06-11-2020, 01:48 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,174,581 times
To the OP:

Simple answer. It's not.

How do I know? Half of my family's in the PLA Army system in the Beijing Military District. A lot of what you said are just trolling for a western audience who doesn't know any better. Really, to the OP, you should chill. If you really want to spread soft propaganda in the west, at least let the pros in the PLA, Foreign Ministry, or professional speakers like Professor Jin Canrong do it for you.

Btw - Shanghai is my favorite city in China. I love it way more than Beijing my home. However, there's a reason why 50% of the Party's Central Committee and 60% of the People's Political Consultative Meetings own property or have their family immigrated to London, NYC, or some other foreign safe heaven. These are the uber rich, intelligent, and mobile elite that basically run China, yet even they have to buy insurance abroad in case they are the next target on the Party's hit list.

Don't ever forget: the Party that you defend so much on foreign websites only cares about one thing: its own self preservation and enrichment. Ordinary nobodies like you are like ants in the Party's eyes.

Last edited by bostonkid123; 06-11-2020 at 02:06 PM..

Old 06-12-2020, 12:55 AM

214 posts, read 238,480 times
Quote:

Republic of Estonia 1.319 million people GDP per capita 22928 dollar Suzhou( Jiangsu Province) 10.7499 million people GDP per capita 25262 dollar Nanjing 8.5 million people GDP per capita 23288 dollar Wuxi 6.6 million people GDP per capita 25391 dollar Suzhou Nanjing Wuxi in Jiangsu Province, China Hangzhou 10.36 million people GDP per capita 22100 dollar Ningbo 8.54 million people GDP per capita 20752 dollar Jiaxing 4.8 million people 16344 dollar Hangzhou Ningbo Jiaxing in Zhejiang Province, China
The Republic of Slovenia 2.066 million people GDP per capita 26234 dollar The Czech Republic 10.65 million GDP per GDP per capita capita 22973 dollar Shenzhen 13.4388 million people GDP per capita capita 29182 dollar Guangzhou 15.359 million GDP per capita capita 22382 dollar Zhuhai 2023700 People GDP per capita capita 25791 dollar Guangzhou Shenzhen Zhuhai in Guangdong Province, China . because these countries are too small Do you think the Tallinn people are richer than the Beijingers?Central bank: the balance of household deposits in Beijing was 3.3 trillion rmb, up 12.2% year on year Statistics of the Russian Federation recently released data showing that, As of December 2017, Russian residents' ruble savings reached 29.3 trillion rubles 1RMB = 9.8888 rubles That is to say, all Russian deposits are less than that of a Beijing city Only Beijing has no other Chinese cities It's just a resident deposit. If it's all deposits

Old 06-12-2020, 01:15 AM

214 posts, read 238,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post

In 2015, Poland's resident savings were 1.1 trillion zlotys, up 6% year on year...About = 1.9 trillion RMB In 2020 First quarter deposit of Guangzhou residents 1.921 trillion RMB Deposit of Beijing residents in 2020 4.0671 trillion RMB Why do you think Poland is better than China?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.