Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 11:34 AM

673 posts, read 3,089,957 times

Advertisements

From the news it seems like everyone countries' government has large number of detractors, protestors, or people who have little faith in their government. This might just a consequence of mostly negative news and protests being reported.

What I wanted know is, which countries actually has implemented a government that people truly love and are content with?

How has those countries government manage to keep the confidence and faith of their people?

Living the US or just listening to news this seems very though to pull off so looks good topic to dicuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2024, 12:52 PM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times
Any country that has fewer then 3 people I'd guess.

So, I'd imagine none as government is one thing that must be a compromise as for every person that loves their government, there will be one who hates it, and the rest will fall somewhere in the middle.

Vague? I know! But that's all I can think of regarding what I've seen.

Old 03-06-2024, 02:18 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,495,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
From the news it seems like everyone countries' government has large number of detractors, protestors, or people who have little faith in their government. This might just a consequence of mostly negative news and protests being reported.

What I wanted know is, which countries actually has implemented a government that people truly love and are content with?

How has those countries government manage to keep the confidence and faith of their people?

Living the US or just listening to news this seems very though to pull off so looks good topic to dicuss.
North Korea?

Old 03-07-2024, 09:04 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:

The Swiss have a form of peoples democracy where the Government allows greater citizens input including referendums on important issues, in this respect Switzerland is very different to most countries.

Old 03-07-2024, 11:26 AM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Even if a government enjoys an overall good opinion, eventually it will suffer from fatigue as people get tired of hearing the same even if it’s always good. Then people want change judt for the sake of changes. People will begin to complain about the current politicians on anything they can complain on, regardless how small or inconsequential it’s.

Once the current politician is removed from power, if the new one isn’t as competent as the previous one, people will begin to want the previous politician back in power. You ask why did people removed him if now they want him back? That is simply human nature.

Old 03-07-2024, 12:18 PM

691 posts, read 284,446 times
This below study is from 2020 (I think, the article is poorly written) but seems Switzerland, Luxembourg, and the Scandinavian countries are at the top. However you can see the majority of countries data is not given. I've heard that China and India also rate on top in other studies. Keep in mind some of this is cultural, hating our government and our leaders is practically a national pastime in the U.S.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ent-by-country

Old 03-11-2024, 02:42 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Russia and China. Accomplished through brainwashing. They would worship the ground their politicians walk on even if their whole family get executed in front of their very eyes.

Old 03-11-2024, 06:14 AM

27,541 posts, read 28,630,498 times
I'd like to know what country is very diverse racially and ethnically and nearly everybody truly loves their government.

Old 03-11-2024, 06:49 AM

5,759 posts, read 11,358,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I'd like to know what country is very diverse racially and ethnically and nearly everybody truly loves their government.
The city-state of Singapore is a mix of many Asian cultures, religions and languages that uses English as a common language to communicate between everyone. Lots of Europeans and North Americans live there too due to a favorable tax situation and healthy business / economic trends. People are free to leave if they would like, as a 20 minute drive gets them to next door Malaysia. Singapore Airport can get them on a flight to any corner of the world, however few people emigrate from Singapore.

Large protests or violent clashes with authorities are almost unheard of. Yes, there are strict laws (no gum chewing, no spitting, no jaywalking) that come with $500 fines and gun ownership by private citizens is almost zero, but nobody I ever met in Singapore has a big problem with how the country is run and seems to be mostly content with the situation. I don't know if they "love" the government, but they certainly don't want radical changes to the system.

One big reason for the content status of most people is the high degree of personal safety. Drug smuggling or dealing is punishable by death, so drug use and drug problems are very low. Violent crime, rape and assault is almost zero - women and children walk along the sidewalks after dark without fearing for their safety. Due to the hot daytime temperatures, people often prefer to be out and about after dark when the heat tapers off.

One exception - I imagine hard core criminals don't love the government of Singapore very much.

Old 03-17-2024, 10:26 PM

2,040 posts, read 990,078 times
Quote:

Through threat of death, imprisonment, financial destruction, and general terror. As someone else posted, North Korea is the best example of this in modern times. China not too far behind. These poor people put on a great show of loyalty and contentedness in the public eye, but you can bet that in the deep darkness of night, in private, they are cringing and wishing for a better existence, knowing that there must be better options.

Citizens in so-called 'free' countries are loyal and content only to a point where they're granted enough gain from personal wealth or related benefits. When that balance changes or becomes too expensive is when the discord happens. It's easy to spot with the wealthy - they simply leave the country and move elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World