Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 07:59 AM

85 posts, read 214,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
I have lived in both the US and several countries in Europe. Most essential things like health care, employee rights, social security, food quality, housing quality, education, infrastructure, crime rates are significantly better in Europe.

I like the American culture a lot, but in my opinion it is not the best place to live. It may be easier to get into the US than it is to get into the EU, that might explain the attraction the US has.
You forgot also people are far healthier looking in europe compared to the US. You've just to witness a young crowd of europeans and most of them are in shape, guys and girls are nearly all slim and they do really care how to dress. In contrast american women seem to not be fond on their own appearence, wear flip flops, have overweight very often, and the facial features being product of too many mixing of different ethnicies came out pretty often as not so attractive. I almost forgot that american women behave quite manly compared to european ones, they can be very loud and bitchy, even by the most european stuck up standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 09:59 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
I have lived in both the US and several countries in Europe. Most essential things like health care, employee rights, social security, food quality, housing quality, education, infrastructure, crime rates are significantly better in Europe.

I like the American culture a lot, but in my opinion it is not the best place to live. It may be easier to get into the US than it is to get into the EU, that might explain the attraction the US has.
All those systems come with HIGH cost and HIGH cost of living too. Defeats the purpose to quality of life.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
All those systems come with HIGH cost and HIGH cost of living too. Defeats the purpose to quality of life.
lol. what?

Old 09-20-2011, 06:06 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,956,585 times
Quote:
Quality of life in general is superior in Europe than USA in my opinion. Having far more holidays helps to enjoy life a whole lot better as well.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
Finland is not a good place at all. It is all fake what comes to the "free" education and quality of education, equality between men and women, healt care and so on... It happend just on paper, it is all crap.
Besides the weather just what do you find so bad about Finland? A small country with a very high standard of living.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Most of the people on the planet prefer to come to USA. Its the land of opportunity.
USA by nature of its size and its ability to project its image far and wide does have attraction for a large number of folk. Highly debatable about America being the land of opportunity. That's an old fashioned concept with far less leverage these days especially if already poor.
Of course for those in already well paid professions America may pay even more.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
Australia has lots of 'immigrants' that have caused nothing but huge problems and that will magnify as they have children; they did not bring any money with them to get into the country. Everyone else I guess has to deposit a lot of money in a bank. So unfair and detrimental to the long term prospects.
Don't agree at all in that Australia has huge problems with immigrants. Australia through out its migration history has attracted the poorer working class immigrants. The richer more educated have been more inclined to go to America.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:18 AM

574 posts, read 1,065,063 times
Kind of feel that the U.S. has been brainwashed for years into thinking we are the most powerful country in the world and the land of opportunity. Considering how the value of the American dollar and how China pretty much owns us, I think there are far more American's moving out of the U.S. than ever now. I keep hearing about the Dominican Republic, Spain and Argentina and how much farther your money can go, five week vacations the norm, slower pace of living and less hours worked per week compared to the U.S. My husband's family live in Argentina and he thinks he would like to move there in the near future, but I just couldn't imagine being so far from my family here especially the one's that can't travel anymore and to be a "foreigner" for the first time in a land where I don't know the language.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:00 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Besides the weather just what do you find so bad about Finland? A small country with a very high standard of living.
Besides what I said of my earlier post, violence, murders, drinking problems, dominating men, salary is not same for women and men, low sentences of crimes, culture changes which came with moving country side to the cities, people do not come along with each others, school shootings, macdonald shootings, bar shootings, uglyness of soul.... if there is such a thing inside of Finnish people...

And then of course there is those perfect rich families which get all from golden plate and wonder what **** I am talking about, lol.

There is still kids which after school cannot read, there is people who cannot get help when they need, our elders are suffering, there is violence on day care houses, people do not have jobs... government uses people as a free workers... it is all an illusion... Things are not good, people are not happy, families has troubles.. And food is expensive.

And as a new troubles we have criminal organizations from other countries... Hell, they rob houses when people are their backyard, lol... Where do you find biggest dummies on the world? From Finland...

And what comes to the weather, without darkness I like it . Nature is beautiful, that is what I like about Finland.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:21 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
Besides what I said of my earlier post, violence, murders, drinking problems, dominating men, salary is not same for women and men, low sentences of crimes, culture changes which came with moving country side to the cities, people do not come along with each others, school shootings, macdonald shootings, bar shootings, uglyness of soul.... if there is such a thing inside of Finnish people...

And then of course there is those perfect rich families which get all from golden plate and wonder what **** I am talking about, lol.

There is still kids which after school cannot read, there is people who cannot get help when they need, our elders are suffering, there is violence on day care houses, people do not have jobs... government uses people as a free workers... it is all an illusion... Things are not good, people are not happy, families has troubles.. And food is expensive.

And as a new troubles we have criminal organizations from other countries... Hell, they rob houses when people are their backyard, lol... Where do you find biggest dummies on the world? From Finland...

And what comes to the weather, without darkness I like it . Nature is beautiful, that is what I like about Finland.
Wow, that's a lot of negativity. I think you are being way too hard on your country. Finland's crime rates aren't any higher than other European countries and are nowhere near those of the U.S., Finland consistently scores among the top of the world in student achievement, particularly in science and maths (which makes it very hard for me to believe your claim that illiteracy is a real problem among young people and that "the biggest dummies in the world" are to be found in Finland) All of the other problems you mentioned (alcoholism, unemployment, troubled families, culture changes, male dominance, people not getting along, etc.) can be found in almost any other country in the world as well.

How Finland reached the top of the educational rankings: NEA Today

What accounts for Finland's high student achievement rate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World