Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM

266 posts, read 547,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I think it's a vile, tacky, and disgusting work of art. It's just plain ugly!
OK Not a fan then, but thanks for responding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 12:50 PM

698 posts, read 1,509,948 times
Being offended by a painting is sooo 1600's. We live in an age of the Internet where I could find millions of pictures that are more "offensive".

As for the picture itself, I could care less if it depicts him as a messiah because in reality Obama is just a human being like the rest of the people on this forum.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:23 PM

605 posts, read 1,843,251 times
First of all ugly painting.
Secondly, Obama would be a weak ass Mesiah. He has not impressed me and does seem to be like the greatest person. I'll stick to JC!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken.or.the.nugget View Post
First of all ugly painting.
Secondly, Obama would be a weak ass Mesiah. He has not impressed me and does seem to be like the greatest person. I'll stick to JC!!!
Well then if JC is your choice, I am glad to hear you live in place that affords you the right to choose for yourself. Thanks for your response.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Audrey Ann, I went on a hunt to see more of Michael D'Antuono's work so I could place The Truth in context. There are some other interesting works in his collection. I'm loving "...What I meant was..." . Looks like Obama facing a press gallery who are all staring at him through 3D glasses. A brilliant take on media perception!

http://www.dantuonoarts.com/index.html (broken link)

Old 05-13-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Audrey Ann, I went on a hunt to see more of Michael D'Antuono's work so I could place The Truth in context. There are some other interesting works in his collection. I'm loving "...What I meant was..." . Looks like Obama facing a press gallery who are all staring at him through 3D glasses. A brilliant take on media perception!

index (http://www.dantuonoarts.com/index.html - broken link)

Excellent! Thanks!!

Old 05-23-2009, 03:38 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
All in all I'm bummed this rather talented artist would waste their time and talent on something so rediculous.
Just my opinion. If something like that was publically displayed in my town...I'd probably throw an egg at it.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:44 AM

And as your quote indicates ... then I believe you would.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:02 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
I think it sums up public sentiment and stroking really well. The artist caught the public 'vibe' perfectly. I also think that's the reason so many people are 'offended' by it; the truth hurts (I'm not saying Obama is the messiah, just that about half of the US sees him that way). If satire offends you, then you are a boob.

Ask yourself this: were you also highly offended with all the Bush bashing that got so tiresome? Sure, it was funny for the first five or six years. Then it got old. How about the one with the swastika on his forehead? Did that offend you? Didn't think so. I'm definitely NOT defending bush, but what makes it any different? Just who you like? Don't mess with who I like... but trashing anyone else is okay???

Old 06-09-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I think it sums up public sentiment and stroking really well. The artist caught the public 'vibe' perfectly. I also think that's the reason so many people are 'offended' by it; the truth hurts (I'm not saying Obama is the messiah, just that about half of the US sees him that way). If satire offends you, then you are a boob.

Ask yourself this: were you also highly offended with all the Bush bashing that got so tiresome? Sure, it was funny for the first five or six years. Then it got old. How about the one with the swastika on his forehead? Did that offend you? Didn't think so. I'm definitely NOT defending bush, but what makes it any different? Just who you like? Don't mess with who I like... but trashing anyone else is okay???
You make some valid points. Thanks for your response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World