Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:31 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,068,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlbuffalo1 View Post
-what color or religion they are practising. It all seems somewhat nazi to me caring about the future of the 'race'. It's all about personal decision--if you'd like to pump out 5 kids to negate me and my husband having none--fine. LOL
The only person that has mentioned race or color is you. And I don't think anybody here has said they are worried the preservation of their genes or faith. Read again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,754,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
The only person that has mentioned race or color is you. And I don't think anybody here has said they are worried the preservation of their genes or faith. Read again.

Ummmm......not quite, PRINC3Ss........your own words from earlier in the thread

Quote:
By PRINC3Ss

OMG those African countries stats are unbelievable. Thanks for sharing... I do hope Islam doesn't take over the world. Sorry if I offended anybody

Old 11-24-2009, 10:50 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,334,689 times
I recall watching a documentary about the population trend in Japan. The cameras went to some city of 300,000 residents somewhere in the country, to find there was only one boy in the fourth grade in that city's school system. All these old people ready to go off to the nursing homes and no young people there to take care of them. What the Japanese government ought to do, if they haven't already, is open up a guest worker (or even permanent!) program with the African countries that are having sporadic fertility rates. That is, if those countries also have a high number of eligible aged folks (17-30 years...it might be that they have very low average ages of death as well).

Religion, race, language, culture - those things have been constantly changing and evolving through world history. If we all freaked out about changes and other groups "taking over" we'd have to revert back to the original prehistoric lifestyles that our ancestor's had on any continent.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:57 PM

871 posts, read 1,632,529 times
that's what robots are for. i heard korea wants to put a robot in every household by 2012 or something to do basic functions such as fetching items, teaching spelling, vocabulary to your kids etc and as an ineractive toy.

i would love a robot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOy3...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haEyC_ZWUOo

Last edited by rory00; 11-25-2009 at 12:43 AM..

Old 11-29-2009, 05:07 PM

354 posts, read 855,988 times
This a good post! I guess that in 2050 the world population is suppoused to start decreasing. The birthrate is going down dramatically all over the world I guess it took the UK over 150 years to go from 5.0 children to 2.1 (0% population growth) and it only took South Korea 20 years to achieve the same results!

When you talk about the high birth rate in Africa it is important to remember that a lot of those kids are not going to survive long enough to reproduce themselves. I know that is contraversial but I think that we need to send birth control to Africa instead of food. I can't imagine anything worst then being forced to have baby after baby when you know you can't take care of the ones you already have!

Old 11-29-2009, 05:15 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,791 posts, read 4,158,850 times
Wealthy people make money.
Poor people make children.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:25 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,068,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Ummmm......not quite, PRINC3Ss........your own words from earlier in the thread
Islam is not a race or color.In fact, many muslims are white, yes white just like the Europeans. Go back and reread my post before you make accusations and find the part where I mentioned color. And trust me I never said I want to preserve my religion, because I'm not religious in the first place.

Look they could be pink, neon, purple, believe in 500 gods, deny that Jesus ever existed, have 50 wives, whatever, who cares as long as it doesn't hurt anybody. That's not my issue with them. What I don't like is how the mix politics with religion, and the lack of human rights in most of those nations. One example...

Atefah Sahaaleh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Atefeh Rajabi Sahaaleh (Persian: عاطفه رجبی سهاله; – 1988 - August 15, 2004) was a 16-year-old schoolgirl from the town of Neka, Iran who was executed a week after being sentenced to death by Haji Rezai, head of Neka's court on charges of adultery and "crimes against chastity"

Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,754,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Islam is not a race or color.In fact, many muslims are white, yes white just like the Europeans. Go back and reread my post before you make accusations and find the part where I mentioned color. And trust me I never said I want to preserve my religion, because I'm not religious in the first place.

Look they could be pink, neon, purple, believe in 500 gods, deny that Jesus ever existed, have 50 wives, whatever, who cares as long as it doesn't hurt anybody. That's not my issue with them. What I don't like is how the mix politics with religion, and the lack of human rights in most of those nations. One example...

Atefah Sahaaleh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Atefeh Rajabi Sahaaleh (Persian: عاطفه رجبی سهاله; – 1988 - August 15, 2004) was a 16-year-old schoolgirl from the town of Neka, Iran who was executed a week after being sentenced to death by Haji Rezai, head of Neka's court on charges of adultery and "crimes against chastity"
Not to get too off topic here, but you also mentioned faith........twice.

Once in your original post and once in your reprimand to the other member.

When you post a statement like "I hope Islam doesn't take over the world", you can't expect other members to read your mind as to why you have a bias against a particular religion.

If you wish to discuss this further, use DM

Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,920,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlbuffalo1 View Post
I guess I don't understand why people care what the population looks like in 100 years---what color or religion they are practising. It all seems somewhat nazi to me caring about the future of the 'race'. It's all about personal decision--if you'd like to pump out 5 kids to negate me and my husband having none--fine. LOL
For me the important thing is culture, not necessarily skin color. I'll probably be alive in 50 years and then if I have a desire to be immersed in Arab culture I'll gladly visit the Middle East or N. Africa. So how is it "nazi" for wanting many of the world's current cultures and ethnic groups to survive? I think you need an education of what Nazism truly is and visit concentration camps like I have. That way perhaps you wouldn't demean the millions that were slaughtered by them.

Btw, it is of course personal choice but it's a basic human desire to pass on your genes.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:57 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,334,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Wealthy people make money.
Poor people make children.
Generally this holds true, although you'd think/hope it would be the other way around. Although in the case of Belarus, with one of the lowest birthrates, most couples or single women report not having many children because of the poverty they'd endure. Smart thinking, but we have yet to see whether the low birth rate will/has helped their economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World