Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 03:41 AM

137 posts, read 819,125 times

Advertisements

I also think everyone has a book in them. I just started writing my book yesterday. I've been thinking about this for a couple of years and everyone keeps telling me "You have got to write a book", so after my meeting yesterday.....my final stab in the back, I decided "yup" it's time. I'm not a professional writer so it'll probably be crap, but by God I'm gonna write it anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 06:02 PM

264 posts, read 830,979 times
I'm working on one as well. I started it several months ago and am well into it now. It's my first attempt at something of any length. I'm more the poetic type and I'm finding it quite hard to expand on my ideas. I'm so used to writing as a minimalist that its very hard not think that way. Any pointers?

Old 09-13-2007, 03:30 AM

137 posts, read 819,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesacat View Post
I'm working on one as well. I started it several months ago and am well into it now. It's my first attempt at something of any length. I'm more the poetic type and I'm finding it quite hard to expand on my ideas. I'm so used to writing as a minimalist that its very hard not think that way. Any pointers?
Maybe a short creative writing course, to help kick up some new ideas? Depending on the type of book you're writing of course, it may not apply.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:58 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,562,465 times
I am the type that will grab up pen and pencil and write when I am very emotional. I have short stories, poems and ideals here and there throughout the house Family tells me to compile everything in one volume as an autobio, but I really don't feel it would interest anyone except maybe future generations of myself. I also can spontaneously blurt out a pretty good story for any child that needs a little happiness

Old 09-23-2007, 04:41 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,260,537 times
I started to write after my 2nd depression. I mostly write about how I’ve dealt with my youth-trauma. I have always been interested in who I am and why I am the way that I am. I’ve started to analyse people right after my trauma so my book is about how I view the world and mostly deals with family history and the impact of this on the individual.
But now that I’m not depressed anymore and have lost ¼ of my work due to a computer crash I’ve gotten bored with it.

Now I mostly write for fun about ‘The misadventures of the main man from P.I.N.K.’ (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, plug, plug) for Church of the Pink Fuzzy Bunny in the Religion and Philosophy forum.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:51 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,562,465 times
HmmmmmmLots of people here that I recognize from another forum hereMaybe we could just get together and publish one big book and each contribute chapters to it

Old 09-23-2007, 11:17 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,260,537 times
Thumbs up Good idea!

Yeah that would be fun.
We could discuss genre, theme's and characters before we really begin.

I'm trying to incorporate other posters from the Religion and Philosophy forum into my stories about P.I.N.K.
I thought the honour should go to irishmom first because she started the thread. But I’m still in the process of writing out my own character-origin.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:34 AM

859 posts, read 3,326,199 times
I've written a book. I'm on my second.

Mine is a Young Adult novel. The second is the sequel.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:03 PM

28,984 posts, read 30,387,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
HmmmmmmLots of people here that I recognize from another forum hereMaybe we could just get together and publish one big book and each contribute chapters to it
that would be a great idea, as I believe everyone has a story within them....

Old 09-26-2007, 05:39 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,383,547 times
Nope I could not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing