Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 06:32 PM

265 posts, read 239,359 times

Advertisements

I’ll keep it short. I cheated myself in school now I am in college and I am paying for it. I did most of my English writing required using the internet, or summer school to pass those courses. The good thing I did was math I know up to trigonometry very well. I did put in long hours since high school to pass and learn math. Now I am in college and my reading and my writing are my weaknesses. Any tips on how I can improve my reading and writing skills? I was thinking to start by reading all the books I was suppose to read in high school. I got some time to catch but these college book material is a little difficult for me. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 09:26 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
Reading well written articles and books gives practice in reading and also helps one learn how to write.

I want to encourage you to request mods to move your post to the Education subforum, where I think you might get better answers.

Good luck!

PS If you have specific usage questions, go ahead and post those here. I am sure you’ll get good answers.

Old 10-16-2019, 04:42 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,436,018 times
At this point, finding someone to tutor you, one on one, is going to be the fastest and most effective ways of catching up. If a sentence is like an equation, the order of operation and proper use of the clauses and parentheticals are just as important in one as the other.

You have gaps in your knowledge, and trying to come up to speed on your own will have you wasting time reviewing what you already know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing