Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 11:32 PM

14 posts, read 29,251 times

Advertisements

I do a thing where when its bed time for my daughter, I read her a story, after awhile I just started making them up, and writing them down later. And I was wondering if you guys would read and tell me what you think, they need some polishing, that I know. But I havent really put much time into them after I write them.

The Midnight Adventure of Bailey

In a house, that was just like every other house around, lived a baby. Baby Bailey; she lived with her parents; their names for this story will be Baron and Liffalee. Now you may think Bailey has a life that's just like every other babies, but by thinking that, you'd be wrong, even though it looks to be normal, every night Bailey would go on an adventure.

Snow pours down from the night sky. The moon forces it presents into Bailey's room. Her shades make the room laminate in pink placing heart and butterfly outlines on the walls. Bailey is lying silently awake when the clock strikes midnight, Bailey knows the time is now, her adventure was to begin.

Bailey crawls out of her crib and lands into a grassy meadow, in the distance she can see a castle, fit for a princess. She knows she must go to see who the castle belongs too. As she takes her secret first steps she sees a brown and white dog sitting under a shady tree, now I must tell you Bailey loves animals, so she makes her unsteady way over to him. Sebastian the dog greets her in the most unusual way. "Hello young lady, I'm Sebastian, I watch over the land for the Queen" Bailey is taken back. "You talk?" She said. "Of course I do, and this is your adventure we can do whatever you want." "I want to go to the castle!" And it would be. Sebastian offers Bailey a ride. She asks him, "Ride on your back?" Sebastian laughs and walks behind the tree and drives out in a two seated topless car powered by all kinds of melted chocolate. "We should make it to the Queen on one tank of chocolate." Sebastian says as checking the gages. "You use chocolate for gas?" Bailey is so confused. She climbs into the seat, and puts on her seatbelt. The two are driving at a steady pace, without problems until…

The road has come to a close. It looks to be under construction, a tall yellow bear wearing yellow hard hat walks to the chocolate powered car. "The Queen as ordered the road to be redone in gold for her missing princess' homecoming." The Bear says impatiently, "Where's the princess' at?" Bailey asked the busy Bear. "She's been missing since the two hands aligned on the clock. There have been thirty babies claiming to be the princess' of the King and Queen." The Bear says as he is returning to work.

Meanwhile Baron is sleeping on the couch and Liffalee is making her way to bed. She steps over a new roll of carpet, in the hall way where they are remodeling, and walks into their room. Liffalee makes the bed, and then climbs in. They are never the wiser that Bailey is on a midnight adventure.

The duo of Sebastian and Bailey now has to find a way around the only road to the castle. They think maybe the best way is to go through the forest, or maybe even by boat. Sebastian gives Bailey her options "What do you want to do Bailey; The Forest of Bad Dreams, or cross the Lake of Strawberry Waters?" Bailey thought the answer would be easy. "The Lake-" Sebastian interrupts "Let me worn you, the Lake of Strawberry waters isn't as good as it sounds. A very greedy tiger has taken over the lake so no one can have any use of it." Bailey sticks to her choice and they make way to the Lake. Bailey asks "what if I was the princess'?" "Maybe then you could let me stay in the castle, that would be the day." Sebastian replied. "Well maybe we can talk to the Queen and see if she'll let you stay anyway." Bailey says with hope. The two are stopped by a Tiger named Zoomer, "You can't come here! All mine! Get away!" The duo gets out of the car, Sebastian begs, "We just need to get to the castle; Zoomer please just let us through." Bailey ever so sternly "Mr. Tiger we need to get through to see the Queen because I am the princess' and she believes that I am lost!"

Baron begins to snore

Zoomer looks to the sky which is becoming very cloudy. "A storm is coming!" Zoomer climbs into his boat and heads to cover. His boat is struck with lightning. "Now is our chance to get across!" Sebastian tells Bailey. "HELP I CAN'T SWIM!" Zoomer is yelling from the middle of the lake. "We have to save him!" Bailey tells Sebastian. Sebastian and Bailey get back into the car and drive it the lake, Sebastian presses a series of buttons, and pulls a slue of levers and the car becomes a boat, and they hurry the helpless tiger. Bailey pulls Zoomer into the car boat, "I owe you my life" Zoomer claims "I want to open the Lake to good people like you guys." Bailey is excited "I'm glad we changed your mind Zoomer, how about you help us to get to the Castle.

Liffalee wakes up and makes her way to the kitchen to get something to drink; she wakes up Baron and sends him to their bed. A tired Liffalee drags her feet into a dark kitchen. Bailey is sitting still with her hands in the pet's water dish looking up at Liffalee who doesn't notice her. Liffalee grabs a cup and fills it with water then heads back to bed.

Now the Trio makes their way over the Lake of Strawberry Waters. They run into a small problem, in front of them in the Forest of Bad Dreams. "How did this get here!?" Sebastian asks worried and confused. Zoomer also confused "The Forest is taking over the land and is spreading bad dreams over the meadows of the castle. This must be our bad dream." Bailey is too determined to let a bad dream hold her back from finding out if she is the princess' she gets out of the boat car and makes her way towards the forward, Zoomer and Sebastian follow.

Baron is now the one making his tired eyes to the kitchen, Baron sees Bailey under the table looking up at him, with her their cat Zoomer and her stuffed animal Sebastian. "What are you doing out here!" Baron doesn't know what to think; he grabs Bailey and takes her back to her crib. She holds on to Sebastian and Zoomer follows them back to her room. Baron puts her in her crib and goes back to bed.

"This must be our real bad dream!" Sebastian says in sorrow "We'll never make it before the Queen finds a new princess." Zoomer replies. The trio sits in sadness, but Bailey is not going to give up yet. She climbs over the crib wall again, she lands in the meadows. "Come on!" Bailey yells to her friends. "We have to run!" The three make it back to the Forest of Bad Dreams. "Ready we just have to run through." They rush into the forest when they realize that there are no more bad dreams, they have faced their fear of failing, their bad dream. They see the castle only feet away.

Bailey, her stuffed animal Sebastian, and Zoomer the cat walk into Queen Liffalee's room; Bailey climbs in bed with her. "Hello my princess'" Liffalee says while half asleep. Bailey falls asleep in the Queens arms, Sebastian in Bailey's arms and Zoomer lying nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 PM

The Christmas Adventure of Bailey

In a house, that was just like every other house around, lived a baby. Baby Bailey; she lived with her parents; their names for this story will be Daron and Piffany. Now you may think Bailey has a life that's just like every other babies, but by thinking that, you'd be wrong, even though it looks to be normal, every night Bailey would go on an adventure.

Young Bailey is lying awake in her crib, it's cold tonight, and her mom and dad are heading to bed. Daron peaks in to make sure Bailey is okay. He leaves the door cracked so light keeps the monsters in the closet. Bailey hears their bedroom door shut, she smiles and stands up. She knows what time it is, it's time to go on an adventure.

Bailey starts piling up her stuff animals up on top of each other in the corner of her crib, besides, of course Sebastian, her stuffed brown and white dog; she tosses him over the edge. Bailey crawls up her stuffed animals and over the crib she goes. She lands in the snow bottom first; Sebastian is there too pull her out of the snow. "I'm cold Sebastian, I need a coat." She complains. "You'll need a snow suit; we're in the North Pole. We'll have to go to the store." Sebastian tells her. They walk a few very short feet to "B's Closet", The duo walk in, Bailey is shivering. "These clothes like similar to the ones I have at home. Whoever B is sure has good taste." Bailey says. Bailey picks up a pink and purple snow suit. "That will be one cookie." The elf worker says. Bailey pulls a cookie out of diaper. "Here you go!" Bailey says while brushing off the cookie.

Sebastian and Bailey are playing around the North Pole, when snow begins to fall fast. Bailey picks up a snow ball and throws it at Sebastian; He catches it in his mouth, she plops down in the white powder; she's making a snow angel. "We might need to get inside. The snow is coming down pretty quickly." Sebastian tells Bailey. They look to head back toward the store, but it appears they have wondered out of eye sight. They are stuck in a blizzard. They find a pine tree and run towards it, they crawl under the tree to shield themselves from the snow. "We'll have to wait until the snow dies down" Sebastian says. They fall asleep under the tree.

Piffany comes out of their room; she is trying to feel her way through the dark house to the Christmas tree. She wants to peak at her presents from Daron, a glass gets knocked off the counter and it breaks. Daron pokes out of the room "Don't touch your presents!" He yells. She heads back to bed, defeated.

Bailey wakes up, she shakes Sebastian awake. "Did you hear that? It sounded like a crash." Sebastian and Bailey look around and see a tiger, he crashed his snow mobile. It was Zoomer! They rush to him. "Zoomer, are you okay?!" Sebastian asks him. "I heard that you guys we're in trouble; I knew I had to do something." The duo helps Zoomer up off the snowy ground. "Christmas is in trouble. We need to go to Santa's workshop." They didn't ask what was wrong, never the less they climbed onto Zoomer's snow mobile and the head to the workshop.

The Trio walk into the workshop, Santa is sitting on a bench. "What's wrong Santa?" Sebastian asks. "Christmas is off, someone stole all the toys." He wipes. "Who did it? We can find them." Zoomer claims. "It was the Abominable Snowman." The trio doesn't understand why an Abominable snowman would steal all the presents, but they know they need to find him. "You can use my sleigh kids." Santa tells them. "The tracks lead out back maybe you could catch up to him." They run to the sleigh. Donner is the only reindeer ready to pull the sleigh. "Let's go!" Bailey yells with excitement.

Zoomer, Bailey and Sebastian are flying over the tracks of the Abominable snowman. They are stopped.

Daron walks out of the bedroom, he is wrapped up in a white blanket. He sees Bailey sitting in front of the Christmas tree holding a toy sleigh with one reindeer on it. "Bailey!" Daron is surprised to see her out of her crib. He goes to take Bailey back to her room when…

"Abominable snowman!" Sebastian screams. They jump off the sleigh and run away as the snowman chases them. The snowman catches Bailey.

Daron takes Bailey back to her crib. Sebastian and Zoomer are locked out of the room, "You need to go back to sleep Bailey Bug." Daron goes back to bed.

Bailey stands up. She's been put in jail, imprisoned by the abominable snowman, bars surrounded her. Zoomer and Sebastian are scratching at the door. She climbs over the barred walls, but the door is still shut, none of them can reach the handle on either side, it's made for so sort of giant. Also its mighty dark, Bailey doesn't like this kind of darkness; but someone who does is the monsters. "We can't open it from this side, and you have to be quite the Abominable snowman is sleeping."

Daron is lightly snoring in the next room over.

"RAAARRRR!!!" Bailey turns around in fear. It was a monster! "RAAARRRRR!!" The monster neared her. Her back is against the wall, what is she going to do.

The door opens, Daron grabs Bailey up. "Bailey what are you doing in here"? Daron takes her into his room, and Lays her in Piffany's arms. Daron goes back to sleep.

Bailey was free. Why did the Abominable Snowman save her from the monster in the darkness? This didn't make any since. Bailey crawls down off the bed. In the closet of the Abominable Snowman's room she sees the presents. She found the presents, Bailey saved Christmas. They venture back to Santa's workshop. "We found them, we found the presents!" Zoomer says while dancing around with excitement. "Thanks kids, you need to get some rest. After all it is Christmas, plus you've earned it!" The trio lay down in the work shop.

Bailey wakes up with the morning sun shining in her face. She's surrounded by presents, "From Santa" is what most of them said. Daron and Piffany are sitting on the floor next to her "Look what Santa brought you!" Piffany said. "You must over been a good girl."

And that she had been, because she had saved Christmas.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 PM

The Halloween Adventure of Bailey

In a house, that was just like every other house around, lived a baby. Baby Bailey; she lived with her parents; their names for this story will be Taron and Giffany. Now you may think Bailey has a life that's just like every other babies, but by thinking that, you'd be wrong, even though it looks to be normal, every night Bailey would go on an adventure.

Bailey is sitting up in her crib watching scary monsters march past her window. They scream! "Trick or Treat!". What does that mean Bailey thought, what makes the monsters come up to the house, why are they yelling at her mommy and daddy, she has no idea. Zoomer, the cat, cracks the door open as he speeds in, light fills up the room. Zoomer sits on the floor looking up at Bailey, as if he was asking her to come play. Bailey knows something is wrong. She tosses Sebastian, her stuffed brown and white dog, over board. Her adventure was about to begin.

Bailey falls from the sky, she lands bottom first in a pile of leafs, in the middle of a dark and scary forest, Sebastian the dog and Zoomer the tiger are waiting. "I know these woods all too well guys, its the Forest of Bad Dreams!" Zoomer shutters. "That means monsters are here!? Bailey whispers.

Taron and Giffany are sitting out on the porch, it is Halloween, Taron is dressed up as Vampire, he has sharp teeth with blood dripping from them. Giffany is a Witch, she has a pointy Hat and a broom, she is stirring a pot with a stick. "Will you go check on Bailey, make sure she is asleep?" Giffany asks Taron. He gets up and goes into the house, he pokes into Bailey's room.

"MONSTER!!!" Bailey tries to run. "Run Bailey!" The duo of Zoomer and Sebastian yell as they attack the feet of the monster. The Vampire grabs Bailey and puts her into a jail cell. He takes Zoomer!

Taron takes Zoomer into the next room and puts him down on the couch. Giffany steps in the house. "what's wrong?" Giffany asks. "Bailey was out of her crib playing on the floor...again. Then Zoomer attacked my feet, and Bailey threw her stuffed animal at me. We need a taller crib I guess."

Sebastian is sitting on the Ground below the hanging cell, "Bailey! Are you okay?" Sebastian cries. "I'm okay! I just need to climb out." She replies. "Is Zoomer up there?" Sebastian asks. Bailey plops down from the cell on to Sebastian, they crash into a leaf pile. "Zoomer isn't up there. That means the monster stole him! ZOOMER! ZOOMER! WHERE ARE YOU!?" Bailey yells out.

"Is the baby crying?" Taron asks "No she just talks to herself sometimes" Giffany says.
She was crying, crying out for her stolen friend, the problem with being a baby is nobody can understand you.

Sebastian and Bailey need to get all the bad thoughts out of their heads, or they will never get out of the forest.

"Trick or Treat!" a few children yell outside Baileys window.

It was a five knights in shinning armor! They have come to save them. "Come with us you two, you will be safe with us." one Knight says.The Forest of Bad Dreams fade away, they are now sitting in a grassy meadow. The knights saved him from the Bad Dreams. They have to find Zoomer. Sebastian runs behind a familiar tree and drives out his two seated topless car powered by melted chocolate. "hop in Bailey, we will find him" Sebastian tells her. Bailey runs up to the car...

"Trick or Treat!"

Not Ninjas! The ninjas flip over to Bailey and Sebastian, "give me the car!" one ninjas yells, Sebastian begins barking hoping to scare them away. Another ninja throws a smoke bomb, smoke fills the air, when it clears the car and the ninjas are gone. "We will have to walk." Bailey says trying to keep her chin up.

Bailey, holding Sebastian, crawls into the living room, Giffany sees them from outside. "Bailey! what are you doing!" she yells.

"Look out! Its a witch!" Sebastian panics. A witch flies in on her broomstick. "Come here my Pretties!" There is nothing they can do, they are trapped by the witch!
"MEOW!!!" Zoomer yells jumping from off a tree onto the witch knocking her off the broomstick. "Zoomer you saved us. Your okay!" Sebastian shouts. The trio run for the Lake of Strawberry Waters, then they would be at the castle, they would be safe there. The Witch is following them, but the witch can't get wet, or she will fade away and be million miles from here. The Three jump in the Lake.

Bailey flops down into the Zoomer's water dish, splashing Giffany in the face, knocking off her witch hat.

They defeated the Witch, and there stood the beautiful Queen. "Come with me." The Queen said. The trio knew it was okay, because the Queen looked over the land.

"Trick or treat!"

"Monsters!" Sebastian yells, but this time, it wasn't monsters, it was fairy's flying in to see the Queen.

"Can you say trick or treat, Bailey?" Giffany asks.

"Trick or Treat" Bailey says even though she knows her mom wont understand.

"Close enough" Giffany says as she gives her a cookie.

So that's what the Monsters wanted was cookies, maybe Bailey was too quick to judge the monsters, and she wasn't scared anymore.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:25 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,305,056 times
Very nice,
From what I read, it sounds like you daughter is older.
I read Dr. Suess's "Book of Bedtime Stories" to my boys when they were young; over, and over, and over. I think I loved it more then them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing