Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 01:20 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,288,189 times

Advertisements

What ever happened to common sense, my wife a few years ago flagged during the summer on construction up Snake River Canyon? She had a few stories about people. One day she threw her stop sign and jumped over the Jersey barrier to get away from a car. Broke the windshield of the car, the people also got ticketed.
My Daughter got a 3 week flagging job before she heads back to UW. She working up around Bondurant .She had one guy play chicken, another lay down in the haul road in front of a belly dump tiring to take her picture. Other getting out of line and fallowing the belly dump. She had a few more stories from her first 12 day, she will have more.
Gee I hand out cherries (or other fruit) when they are in season also cold water bottles or a soda, to flaggers when I drive thru.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 07-28-2010 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: The font was too small. I fixed it so we could read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 06:19 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,050,843 times
I actually gave my cooler to a flagger. lol I was down in Texas and it was nasty hot. I come up on a flagger and stopped. In the back seat, I had a cheap styrofoam cooler full of ice and a 12 pack of beer. I offered her one while I was setting there. She said, I'd love to, but I can until I get off work. That's in another 2 hours. I don't have any way of keeping it cool.

So I handed the cooler out the window and proceeded on behind the pilot car.

I don't know if you've been following our sheep wagon. But Sheila put on the flashers and then stood outside the pickup waving a orange flag. Semi's would slow to about 70 as they passed her. After 2 near misses of semi's leaving many many feet of skid and people heading to the ditch, they gave up in Fort Nelson.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:44 AM

99 posts, read 245,228 times
Elk Hunter, it is that very spirit of caring about your fellow humans that draws us closer every day to the wonderful people of Wyoming.

I have not been to your blog since our move. i will have to pop in and read up. I am so sorry to hear of the problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming