Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:07 PM

269 posts, read 829,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergal View Post
Pretty is in the eyes of the beholder. One of the most beautiful sights I have seen is that of wild horses in the Red Desert, thought the Red Desert is beautiful in and of itself without the horses. The openness, alone, is a beautiful sight when you're coming from a densely populated area.
Bought a red desert mustang mare, she was a sorrel with the most beautiful trusting eyes and became a great companion that would come to my whistle from afar,trusting and loyal with a small head for a mustang - a great find- sold her to a good lady friend that has bred her to her best stud with great results-I STILL GO SEE HER NOW AND AGAIN AND SHE WILL STILL COME TO MY CALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,247 times
Thumbs up Guess what

Hi, I think you are right. But guess where we moved from? Yep,Texas. But the difference is that I spent 23 years in Penna. and my husband is from out west. He lived most of his life in Washington state ,Montana,and Utah.
We like it here alot. My husband loves fishing and I like to go and relax w/ him. I have always lived outside the city,I love the quite. The pay was much better here until late,but it is still good. We have been here six years and don't like all the crazy people moving here either. Especially the way they drive. I liked it when there were less cars on the road. But that is progress.

It is hard though getting used to all the people who drink and do drugs, but that its getting that way everywhere.

Your also right about the wind,I told my husband the named the wrong city the windy city. The wheather channel makes a big deal about 25 mile and hour winds elsewhere??? Nothing like what we have here.
Well, enjoyed your comment and info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountaindawn View Post
I live in Rock Springs Wyoming. Many money crazed people are moving here in swarms. This is the place to make it. I remember before I moved here living off of $1800 a month and thinking that I was doing pretty good. That's not uncommon in many communitys. Now between my husband and I, we bring in about $10,000 a month. If I had to live off $1800 again, I would think I was starving to death. I've had alot of friends move here and they think I'm lying, until they get their first 2 week paycheck for $3,000. I can't blame anyone for coming for the money and cushy lifestyle. I am tired, however, of people moving here and talking about how much it sucks! Mostly the one's who complain the most are Texans. No offense to Texas at all. My dad is a Texan, and I like Texas and it's people. Although Texas and Wyoming both have alot of cowboys, they are VERY different places.
Everything comes with a price. Here we are rich. Many of us have to live in campers, regardless of our money bacause there are soooo many people here that we can't find housing. There are plenty of places to buy, if you want to spend $250,000 for a regular 3 bedroom with a yard and garage. That's if you plan on staying. Rock Springs is dirt and sage brush. There's nothing pretty here. You have to drive for that. The wind blows horribly nearly all the time. That means alot of dirt in the eyes around here. We have 9 months of winter. It's sooo cold. Have you seen it snowing so much that you can't see the front end of your car? That's called a white out. Move here, and you WILL see one. There's tons of Meth. So if that's what you're into, this is the place. It seems like everyone is either hi or drunk. If you plan on coming here to work in the oilfield, you will work 12-30 or more hours in weather that makes you feel like you're gonna die. You will work and put your life in the hands of more than a few Meth heads(thats how they stay awake that long). If you can live with this get rich quick plan, then welcome to Wyoming! If not, do yourself and us a favor and stay home. I know how abrupt this sounds, but wouldn't you rather know BEFORE you get here?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 PM

788 posts, read 1,742,218 times
Interestly, the OP was made 2.5 years ago - things have changed alot in wyo recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming