Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:46 AM

3,649 posts, read 6,291,155 times

Advertisements

There a steep road that drops into the Forest behind the ranch property (actually the whole road is on our property. The county gravels it to the gate at the bottom of the hill. There are hunters and fire that power out or spin out going up the hill most roll back and get stopped before the metal gate. Once in a while they slip off the road an need pulling out. Well one rolled back and took out a rail road post and the barb wire, He got one of my neighbors to pull him out . Found out later from the neighbor that it was a Doctor that was at the local hospital. Well it got close to roundup and I wanted the fence fixed, I called the Doctor and asked him when he was going to fix the fence he took out. Well he got a Guy that’s a Med-Tec (Guess he went to Tec School to watch that Medical Machines are recording data) to help fix it. The Med –Tec saw me in town and all smiles said” we took two steel posts up and fixed the fence”. I was speechless this is snow country, north and south slopes get big drifts down from the top. That fence all the post were rail road ties, now 2 years later one steel post is broken off at the ground and the other is bent and touching the ground. As Joe Dreyfuss said” One historical fact, dudes or pilgrims never change.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 09:04 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Well, I have never seen a Doctor yet that warrantees their work.

A while back, we had a local that tends to stay a little too long at the local watering hole. Periodically, he takes out a bit of fence getting home. He always goes out the very next morning and fixes it, and fixes it right. Cept once. There is a row of about 8 mail boxes, each one was put in by the owner, and all at different times. So each is on it's own 4" wood post that is about 3 feet in the ground. No norther is going to mess with those, however, this guy took out all of them. Then, about 50 ft of fence on the South side, and a quarter mile down the road he took out about 50 ft on the right. Next morning he was out there fixing fence and as per normal, he did the fence right. But, he was kind of running out of time, as he works out of town, so he skrimped on the mail boxes. Next day we saw 2 steel fence posts, with a 2x4 suspended from one post to the other. The 8 mail boxes, wired to the 2x4 with bailing wire. Everybody got a big chuckly out of it. But, true to form, the next weekend he was ot redo'ing the mailboxes. Did a great job. He put two railroad ties in, and then notched a 2x12 into the ties. Strengthened the 2x12 with a 2x6 across the back. Then put cross tie wire on it to strengthen even better. On top of that, he made it about 3 ft longer than needed, for expansion should anybody build a new place down the road.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 10-20-2012 at 09:15 AM..

Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
There a steep road that drops into the Forest behind the ranch property (actually the whole road is on our property. The county gravels it to the gate at the bottom of the hill. There are hunters and fire that power out or spin out going up the hill most roll back and get stopped before the metal gate. Once in a while they slip off the road an need pulling out. Well one rolled back and took out a rail road post and the barb wire, He got one of my neighbors to pull him out . Found out later from the neighbor that it was a Doctor that was at the local hospital. Well it got close to roundup and I wanted the fence fixed, I called the Doctor and asked him when he was going to fix the fence he took out. Well he got a Guy that’s a Med-Tec (Guess he went to Tec School to watch that Medical Machines are recording data) to help fix it. The Med –Tec saw me in town and all smiles said” we took two steel posts up and fixed the fence”. I was speechless this is snow country, north and south slopes get big drifts down from the top. That fence all the post were rail road ties, now 2 years later one steel post is broken off at the ground and the other is bent and touching the ground. As Joe Dreyfuss said” One historical fact, dudes or pilgrims never change.”
At least they tried; they didn't tell you to go scratch. If you're ever talking to that doctor or the Med-tech mention in a very pleasant way that you had to put in railroad ties but thank them again for their effort. People who don't know aren't bad neighbors.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
At least they tried; they didn't tell you to go scratch. If you're ever talking to that doctor or the Med-tech mention in a very pleasant way that you had to put in railroad ties but thank them again for their effort. People who don't know aren't bad neighbors.
just hope he dosn't do surgery the same way

Old 10-20-2012, 09:44 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,420,226 times
Quote:
just hope he dosn't do surgery the same way

Being in a medical family, they know the correct tool for the job in their element. Just consider how the Doc or Med Tech would smile at your attempts to do their job and quietly come behind you to fix the mistakes you made unknowingly.

No one is knowledgeable in all areas. It's no fault of a person who tries their best to do something out of their experience, though it does show outstanding character.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Being in a medical family, they know the correct tool for the job in their element. Just consider how the Doc or Med Tech would smile at your attempts to do their job and quietly come behind you to fix the mistakes you made unknowingly.

No one is knowledgeable in all areas. It's no fault of a person who tries their best to do something out of their experience, though it does show outstanding character.
I had to call the Doctor on the phone then he denied going thru the fence till I told him my neighbor pulled him out.....

[SIZE=3]Observation, after driving by ¼ mile of Rail Road Ties and looking at the fence you think it might click.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Have done a little surgery, c section… lot of sewing, cancer eye which is more of a hack hack sew, and wired – sown-hog ringed a few prolapse. No I can’t go into a operating room, but if need be I can do a stich or two up on the mountain if needed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] My favorite with Doctors is to ask a high Trespass charge to go fly fishing, I don’t charge but they sure get a long look on their face when I teasing ask.[/SIZE]

Old 10-20-2012, 04:47 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
The guy saw what was there, if he planned to do it differently than the original, talk to the property owners prior to the makeshift work being performed. He's not broke, if ya knock it down and can't fix it right, pay someone that can. To me that shows character.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
I had to call the Doctor on the phone then he denied going thru the fence till I told him my neighbor pulled him out.....

[SIZE=3]Observation, after driving by ¼ mile of Rail Road Ties and looking at the fence you think it might click.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Have done a little surgery, c section… lot of sewing, cancer eye which is more of a hack hack sew, and wired – sown-hog ringed a few prolapse. No I can’t go into a operating room, but if need be I can do a stich or two up on the mountain if needed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] My favorite with Doctors is to ask a high Trespass charge to go fly fishing, I don’t charge but they sure get a long look on their face when I teasing ask.[/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
The guy saw what was there, if he planned to do it differently than the original, talk to the property owners prior to the makeshift work being performed. He's not broke, if ya knock it down and can't fix it right, pay someone that can. To me that shows character.
Jody has done enough crying for himself. Now he's trying to put himself at the level of a physician.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Jody has done enough crying for himself. Now he's trying to put himself at the level of a physician.
no haven't been to med school or vet school , but have been taught to own up for what I do! and to be observant which I hope most Doctors are, not to Denigh and not to sacb something together

Old 10-20-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
now if it had been his white picket fence and I used a steel post and a few slabs and white paint I bet that he would be up set...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming