Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2008, 08:34 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,832,860 times

Advertisements

Two weeks ago I found out I had to have brackets built for towing my ford f-150 here, new trucks don't have tow bars built for them nowdays. I used the same tow bar I have used for 12 years, I had to beg several people for the job to get done in a timely manner. I finally found one to do it. I sold my welder and have welded for over 22 years. I paid a "welder" $135.00 to weld eight spots about 1 1/4 inches long. I prepped it, and it probably took him 20 minutes at the very most. But HE had the welder, right?
Last Tuesday (two days before leaving) we picked up a 26 foot U-haul. I loaded it some that day. On wednsday we had help show up to help load. They were three hours late so we loaded in the heat of the day. I am talking high 90's and humidity. We had too much stuff, but found that to late to get another trailer.On the day of the signing and such. We found the buyers late to the appointment. And at the last minute they brought a check for more than the origional downpayment agreement. This set the whole pack of realtors,lawyers,us,them into a tailspin. And we found out the paperwork and such had to be done all over. Short story. We had no check for house and would maybe be waiting days for the mess to be straightned out.
We had to stay the night in town on the "maybe" that it would be straightned out and we could go. On Friday we finally got assured that all was going well and we could go. If needed we could fax signed paperwork back to lawyers and banks. Well we headed out of town just past noon. Me in U-hual truck pulling my pickup, wifey in her truck pulling 5x8 U-haul trailer. We made it to Warrenton,Mo. And decided to get a room, after we got room paid for we were told we couldn't park where we were and had to park in another spot. I didn't like it but we did. Our pickups were broke into, they disabled the alarms on both trucks. Took laptop,jewlery,90 days supply of my medicine (over $600.00),personal papers,letters of character and references, ect. Well we got it reported and got a case number, froze credit accounts and credit cards,debit cards ect. Well we had about $3500.00 cash and went on. Down the road about 140 miles we got a call from the sherrif that came out to our "crime scene". They had found some of the stuff and alot of things from other people in the dumpster at a wafflehouse on the interstate. We thought we might go back. As we were getting turned around my wifey was in from and went down a Dead End Road. Yes, sign by the road said that. Well after about a mile I thought to myself. Hock, your way to long to do this. So I turned aroun in a farmers field. I was doing real good. Felt fine.....Until the truck hit the muddy ground under the grass........
I got to go look at a place to stay. Look for post No. 2 for end to this..... My wifes going down the dead end road,I'm stuck in a mans field,and we are still in Missouri.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 03:29 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,908 times
Default crap!

I am so sorry for all your misfortunes!
I seriously would have had a nervous breakdown! I glad you are safe and sound... I hope that nothing happens to your bank accounts and that everything continues to go ok for you and your family....

Welcome to Wyoming I hope that things start to go better now that the move is finished.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:27 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,109 times
fate is telling you that once you get back to wyoming you must never leave again!lol good luck

Old 08-07-2008, 08:19 PM

330 posts, read 1,096,162 times
Kinda sounds like my moving story! I feel so badly for you...all the while giggling because I had almost the same exact things happen during our move (replace getting the trucks being broken into with my husband backing the U-Haul-pulling-my-car into a parked semi and smooshing my car....and I don't think I could top getting stuck in some farmer's field!) We were in a brand new UHaul (less than 30 miles on it when we picked it up) and it broke down on the interstate!!!!

I'm sure things will work out the way they were meant to! Praying for you and yours! Keep the faith.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:55 PM

50 posts, read 169,340 times
Shadowwalker...I hope you get this message before it is too late. DONT TAKE I-80 THROUGH NEBRASKA WITH A UHAUL!! I just did this with a 26' truck and the roads are AWFUL! (Luckily, nothing broke)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming